Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

36 minutes ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

oooOOooohhhh! Love this.. not too exaggerated, just the right amount of smexy curves. Went for a demo about 10 minutes ago and surprised that it was 50% off!!! Got it for L1495 .. 😘

I'm wondering if they are just going to keep it there until after the holidays.  That would be nice :)

I'm loving everything about it. It may not be the most popular, but in my opinion it is the all around best..

I really think that with the high price of these new bodies a big selling point would be to throw in a few outfits worth of nicely designed compatible clothing too.

A bit like how sometimes you'll get some nice underwear but expanding that into a couple of outfits worth of everything, just enough that people can start out without spending another 1-3k on clothes with any new body.  Ideally the outfits would have a wide selection like any fatpack and/or be mod.

I think given the sales volume of the big brand mesh bodies this would be doable, commission it out to some of the makers who would get a big boost from being associated with the brand.

Edited by AmeliaJ08

2 hours ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I really think that with the high price of these new bodies a big selling point would be to throw in a few outfits worth of nicely designed compatible clothing too.

A bit like how sometimes you'll get some nice underwear but expanding that into a couple of outfits worth of everything, just enough that people can start out without spending another 1-3k on clothes with any new body.  Ideally the outfits would have a wide selection like any fatpack and/or be mod.

I think given the sales volume of the big brand mesh bodies this would be doable, commission it out to some of the makers who would get a big boost from being associated with the brand.

That's another good thing about Erkia.. it comes with a full wardrobe and  a lot  LOT more and the price is close to Maitreya on a regular day and half priced at the moment..:)

• Like 2

Only just found out about Gen.X. Have never had anything Belleza in my entire SL life but after trying on both the Classic and Curvy a couple hours ago (and struggling to choose between them), I sure do now.

Wasn't about to quibble over the price.

A friend and I were bemoaning the fact that someone in SL's 'shape department' has seemed to turn all basic shapes into androgynous blobs, making it so difficult to create a lovely feminine shape - but Belleza seems to have thumbed their nose at that nonsense with their new bodies - and I'll love them forever for that.

Talk about perfect teardrop butts - and that's without any editing on my part.

There's just no competition. These are hands down - to me, at least - the very best bodies money can buy in SL (5.5k, same as Legacy).

They might be a little complexity-heavy, but perhaps that has more to do with the included v'goo than anything else.

The HUD, while not the visually slickest of HUDs I've ever come across, is certainly functional and covers whatever you need, although there's no ability to minimize it, so you have to shut it down every time.

My favorite skin creator doesn't yet provide body skins for it but using the Maitreya, Reborn or Legacy versions do the job just fine -  as long as you remember to wear shoes to hide the tell-tale 'dirty toes' look that occurs when you're wearing a skin that's not designed for the body, but that's no biggie.

All in all to me it's hands down the most beautiful and feminine of bodies in SL.

9 minutes ago, Kia Kiyori said:

Only just found out about Gen.X. Have never had anything Belleza in my entire SL life but after trying on both the Classic and Curvy a couple hours ago (and struggling to choose between them), I sure do now.

Wasn't about to quibble over the price.

A friend and I were bemoaning the fact that someone in SL's 'shape department' has seemed to turn all basic shapes into androgynous blobs, making it so difficult to create a lovely feminine shape - but Belleza seems to have thumbed their nose at that nonsense with their new bodies - and I'll love them forever for that.

Talk about perfect teardrop butts - and that's without any editing on my part.

There's just no competition. These are hands down - to me, at least - the very best bodies money can buy in SL (5.5k, same as Legacy).

They might be a little complexity-heavy, but perhaps that has more to do with the included v'goo than anything else.

The HUD, while not the visually slickest of HUDs I've ever come across, is certainly functional and covers whatever you need, although there's no ability to minimize it, so you have to shut it down every time.

My favorite skin creator doesn't yet provide body skins for it but using the Maitreya, Reborn or Legacy versions do the job just fine -  as long as you remember to wear shoes to hide the tell-tale 'dirty toes' look that occurs when you're wearing a skin that's not designed for the body, but that's no biggie.

All in all to me it's hands down the most beautiful and feminine of bodies in SL.

You can minimize the hud. I can't remember if it's clicking on the logo or not, but it does minimize..

Also Glam Affair has a nice skin for GenX which is made for the custom feet version.. You may want to demo them.. I really wish the rest of their skins were updated to how they did the newest one.. Hopefully soon..

• Thanks 1

The other way to manage a HUD, Kai, is to use Firestorm and simply add it to your Favourite Items tab. That was they can be opened and closed in a second, rather than being on screen all the time or having to dig through your Inventory. I couldn't use any other viewer now that I'm spoiled with this feature, and the custom AO in FS.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Does anyone know what the custom Gen X feet are designed for, exactly? Is it for foot tattoos or something fun like that? And is anyone making use of them yet?

Honestly, I'm not sure  other than to have really nice feet.. I mean they haven't eliminated the feet like Lelutka Evo X did with the Ears..(ETA: Well they might have, but really can't tell a difference in the skins out yet that I've seen.)

I'm sure there are a few doing the feet for that custom feet body, but I think Glam Affair and Velour are the only ones I know..

I know with the Glam affair skins, The main system skin is made for the SLUV map and then you have a tattoo for the custom feet, If you wear the custom feet version of the body...

The Velour skins, From the ones that were at the event.. You have a system body skin That is made for  the SLUV map. Then a tattoo layer skin that is made for the custom feet body, which really the feet look pretty much like any other velour feet.. hehehe

I've been looking and looking for information on the custom feet version and really can't find much at all..

It doesn't look like they've touched the Belleza website since like 2019.. Nothing on youtube that I could find about it either..  Most just like,Gloss over what it's for and more or less just mix it in with a list of stuff that comes with the body..

Right now it just feels like a list padder.. You would think if it was this ground breaking thing  they would have at least went into what they can do with this.

So I have no idea.. hehehe

Hopefully someone else can come in and say, this is what it's for!  hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Honestly, I'm not sure  other than to have really nice feet.. I mean they haven't eliminated the feet like Lelutka Evo X did with the Ears.. I'm sure there are a few doing the feet for that custom feet body, but I think Glam Affair and Velour are the only ones I know..

I know with the Glam affair skins, The main skin is made for the SLUV map and then you have a tattoo for the custom feet, If you wear the custom feet version of the body...

The Velour skins, From the ones that were at the event.. You have a system body skin That is made for  the SLUV map. Then a tattoo layer skin That is made for the custom feet which really the feet look pretty much like any other velour feet.. hehehe

I've been looking and looking for information on the custom feet version and really can't find much at all..

It doesn't look like they've touched the Belleza website since like 2019.. Nothing on youtube that I could find about it either..  Most just like,Gloss over what it's for and more or less just mix it in with a list of stuff that comes with the body..

Right now it just feels like a list padder.. You would think if it was this ground breaking thing  they would have at least went into what they can do with this.

So I have no idea.. hehehe

Hopefully someone else can come in and say, this is what it's for!  hehehe

Yeah, exactly! I mean, I understand what Cinnamon & Chai was aiming for with that new body UV. And obviously Evo X changed quite a lot with skin and makeup quality. But I've seen nothing (yet) about what the custom Gen X feet add. If they were aiming for special HD tattoos and fun effects like glitter and stuff, that'd be really cool, but so far, I've not heard anything about it. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If I may go on a small tangent here, this is very much a real issue quite a few manufacturers, especially body creators, have on SL. There is a website, but the website has been dead for 2-3 years and/or has no actual information about the body itself.

It feels like they've all just resigned to not having any new customers, only old ones who have been following updates and announcements elsewhere for years, manually piecing things together.

...that approach works for a game like Dark Souls but less so when you're a digital merchant. :P

• Like 5

On 12/11/2022 at 4:47 AM, Cinos Field said:

If I may go on a small tangent here, this is very much a real issue quite a few manufacturers, especially body creators, have on SL. There is a website, but the website has been dead for 2-3 years and/or has no actual information about the body itself.

It feels like they've all just resigned to not having any new customers, only old ones who have been following updates and announcements elsewhere for years, manually piecing things together.

...that approach works for a game like Dark Souls but less so when you're a digital merchant. :P

100% THIS. Omg, I'm just returning to SL after several long hiatuses and account jumps, and this is the first time I've really invested in mesh bodies. Figures as soon as I settle on Freya, they bust out Gen X but it is what it is.

In any case, finding information outside of member discussions is basically impossible. It's ridiculous and I realllly wish someone would handle that.

51 minutes ago, YaniiMarie said:

100% THIS. Omg, I'm just returning to SL after several long hiatuses and account jumps, and this is the first time I've really invested in mesh bodies. Figures as soon as I settle on Freya, they bust out Gen X but it is what it is.

In any case, finding information outside of member discussions is basically impossible. It's ridiculous and I realllly wish someone would handle that.

Honestly, You probably made the better choice, since GenX will probably never have the creator support that Freya already has..

Freya has years of content that has been made for it and will probably be the easier body to find a wider variety of things for it.. Plus probably at a way better price.

• Like 2

It is a lovely body! Not enough to make me buy it, because it has so little content.

Here Belleza go the opposite way of Lelutka. Lelutka flooded the market with heads that uses their new UV.

People demanded skins, makeup and hairbases. It is was not just a few. Creators had to adapt to the new UV.

If Belleza had flooded the market with super pretty, affordable bodies, it would go the same way. Gifting those who owned an old body, the new one. Selling the new body on half price until Christmas. People would be telling creators "I need clothes rigged for this body!"

Lelutka rolls like a well oiled machine, because people see all the content made for it. "OMG, I must buy Lelutka!"

As it is with Belleza: "I will wait until it is content made for it. Pah, it is so expensive for a body with so little content."

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Honestly, You probably made the better choice, since GenX will probably never have the creator support that Freya already has..

Freya has years of content that has been made for it and will probably be the easier body to find a wider variety of things for it.. Plus probably at a way better price.

Oh yeah it's been great. Like, of course some super cute outfits don't fit me, but it's a miniscule amount compared to how many do. And knowing that a lot of people share the body, the community has been a big help with figuring out some of the kinks. AND I got it half off, so it only ran me $1250 for the body.

Hopefully X has a price drop in the near future, bc like a few others said, the price is most definitely gonna keep running people away on sight.

44 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It is a lovely body! Not enough to make me buy it, because it has so little content.

Here Belleza go the opposite way of Lelutka. Lelutka flooded the market with heads that uses their new UV.

People demanded skins, makeup and hairbases. It is was not just a few. Creators had to adapt to the new UV.

If Belleza had flooded the market with super pretty, affordable bodies, it would go the same way. Gifting those who owned an old body, the new one. Selling the new body on half price until Christmas. People would be telling creators "I need clothes rigged for this body!"

Lelutka rolls like a well oiled machine, because people see all the content made for it. "OMG, I must buy Lelutka!"

As it is with Belleza: "I will wait until it is content made for it. Pah, it is so expensive for a body with so little content."

I was keeping an eye on the list during the week before  black Friday coming up, to see how the bodies that had sales would do, Before and after in wearers increasing or decreasing.. The ones that had their bodies at 50% all had increases.. Two I noticed even moved up a spot or two on the list..

The ones at 20% had a decrease and the curvy even dropped like 3 spots on the list. It hasn't really budged upward much at all since it's first week on the grid in wearers.. It might be like +25 more wearers for curvy since week one and +5 for classic.. So like 170+ for the curvy and around 140 for the classic.

That price is really hurting them, especially when the other bodies were at 50%.

Hopefully they have something up their sleeve other than, time will tell..

• Like 3

Sell many cheap ones, or a few "exclusive"?

Belleza went for the latter.

But it hurts them. The competition is hard. It is a saturated market. The only way, as I see it, is to undercut prices. Make people talk about it. The more that own the body = The more demand for stuff rigged for it = Positive feedback = More people hear about it = Profit.

Legacy sold a lot with a body that was/is expensive. It was fewer bodies then, and Legacy could market it as "Prettier than Maitreya". Not only must Belleza compete against Maitreya and Legazy that has a ton of stuff, bodies with all that squishy stuff, free bodies and cheap bodies. Belleza must also compete against their old bodies.

Is it even made some body piercings for it, @Ceka Cianci?

If I want a cute one for the bellybutton, can I go and buy it now? Maybe have several ones to look at?

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

For Gen X? I've seen some at Ysoral. RAWR for belly chains. Haven't seen much else (yet).

Yes, for Gen X. It must be hard to build a wardrobe for. Maybe it has 0,5% of what Maitreya has of accessories and clothes. 

If money isn't an issue, the few things one can get for it, will be disappointing.

13 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Yes, for Gen X. It must be hard to build a wardrobe for. Maybe it has 0,5% of what Maitreya has of accessories and clothes. 

If money isn't an issue, the few things one can get for it, will be disappointing.

I guess it depends on someone's personal style. There's a decent amount of clothing coming out for it (according to their Flickr channel on Discord), but I'm not seeing much I'd personally wear. And yeah, aside from shoes, I don't see a lot of accessories just yet. I do see quite a few designers requesting channel tags, so hopefully more stuff will be coming soon.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was keeping an eye on the list during the week before  black Friday coming up, to see how the bodies that had sales would do, Before and after in wearers increasing or decreasing.. The ones that had their bodies at 50% all had increases.. Two I noticed even moved up a spot or two on the list..

The ones at 20% had a decrease and the curvy even dropped like 3 spots on the list. It hasn't really budged upward much at all since it's first week on the grid in wearers.. It might be like +25 more wearers for curvy since week one and +5 for classic.. So like 170+ for the curvy and around 140 for the classic.

That price is really hurting them, especially when the other bodies were at 50%.

Hopefully they have something up their sleeve other than, time will tell..

There will soon be more people wearing the new Peach body than Gen.X Curvy or Gen.X Classic. 😆

Edited by Lucia Nightfire

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Sell many cheap ones, or a few "exclusive"?

Belleza went for the latter.

But it hurts them. The competition is hard. It is a saturated market. The only way, as I see it, is to undercut prices. Make people talk about it. The more that own the body = The more demand for stuff rigged for it = Positive feedback = More people hear about it = Profit.

Legacy sold a lot with a body that was/is expensive. It was fewer bodies then, and Legacy could market it as "Prettier than Maitreya". Not only must Belleza compete against Maitreya and Legazy that has a ton of stuff, bodies with all that squishy stuff, free bodies and cheap bodies. Belleza must also compete against their old bodies.

Is it even made some body piercings for it, @Ceka Cianci?

If I want a cute one for the bellybutton, can I go and buy it now? Maybe have several ones to look at?

I think if you look through their Flickr there are like 6 or 7 belly piercings..

As for competing with their older bodies.. Ya the older Female bodies haven't really budged much at all and staying right around the same amount of wearers as before GenX hit the market.. So they really didn't grab much at all of their older customers.. All they gave them was a letter in their last update saying, wait until you see what we've been up to for the last two years..leading many to think they had a major update coming or something..

Instead, when the new bodies came out and no discount or anything at all was given to try and grab older customers. The letter came off as sounding like, Thanks for all the fish.

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

There will soon be more people wearing the new Peach body than Gen.X Curvy or Gen.X Classic. 😆

Holy crap! It's only a couple spots away from Curvy.. It's jumped like 100 wearers since I looked at it last week.. another 10 wearers and ya, it's probably gonna bump them..

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

So they really didn't grab much at all of their older customers..

Not surprising, considering they didn't offer any discount for Freya users, and a lot of those already purchased Legacy or Reborn on sale (and got a lot more content for much less).

The new Peach body is compatible with Maitreya hands and feet accessories, but Gen.X is not compatible even with their own Belleza shoes, nails etc. And is the mod version already out like they promised? No fancy mods for it as well - for example, Peach and Erika made their own squeezed thighs. But hey, here is a new Lelutka skin by Belleza for FLF... It just looks like they didn't even try, or are clueless, or I don't even know.

I don't want to sit here all smug and say "see I said it would fail". because I really liked Belleza in the past, and it's genuinely disappointing.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.