Belleza Announcing New Gen.X Body and Event

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

31 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I may buy the Classic, but none of my top stores have added it, so maybe not.  There's no point in buying it if my usual creators are going to skip it. 

Hopefully more jump on board. We have 8 billion curvy bodies. Heck, classic can get pretty curvy even. Let us have something else for once.
Granted I won't be buying the body(if it does pick up) until it's either on sale or my financial situation is better. If creators are only going to support the curvy one, i'll probably skip all together.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I may buy the Classic, but none of my top stores have added it, so maybe not.  There's no point in buying it if my usual creators are going to skip it. 

We're so close to the holidays also, that I would tell anyone to just wait and see if it goes on sale..

The Belleza event closes today, so any traffic they were getting from that will drop out.. They may want to get another boost in sales from the holidays..

They really need to drop it to about 50% of the current price and just leave it there..

8 minutes ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Hopefully more jump on board. We have 8 billion curvy bodies. Heck, classic can get pretty curvy even. Let us have something else for once.
Granted I won't be buying the body(if it does pick up) until it's either on sale or my financial situation is better. If creators are only going to support the curvy one, i'll probably skip all together.

If they would have made a body more where it sat right in the middle of both of those bodies, to where it could go into the best of both worlds with curvy and classic, rather than coming out with two.. I bet they'd have done so much better combining the numbers rather than splitting them like they did.. plus might have pulled more from the other competing bodies.

Now they are competing with two body proportion markets with two bodies, when they might have been able to compete with both, with all those customers going into just one body.. they would be at close to 300 customers in one body..

Now if classic drops off and curvy keeps moving up, they just lost almost half their customer base, depending on who bought the fatpack.

I would hold off to see how long it takes for that update to come, to see if we aren't in the same update boat as we were with the older bodies.. If it was like the old days, we may not get the mod update for a year or two..

I can't help but feel, they are gonna have to drop the price at some point, if they are really in it for the long haul.

That 5500 is pretty steep for a mesh body.. I know I was feeling it when i spent it.. hehehehe

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If they would have made a body more where it sat right in the middle of both of those bodies, to where it could go into the best of both worlds with curvy and classic, rather than coming out with two.. I bet they'd have done so much better combining the numbers rather than splitting them like they did.. plus might have pulled more from the other competing bodies.

Now they are competing with two body proportion markets with two bodies, when they might have been able to compete with both, with all those customers going into just one body.. they would be at close to 300 customers in one body..

Now if classic drops off and curvy keeps moving up, they just lost almost half their customer base, depending on who bought the fatpack.

I would hold off to see how long it takes for that update to come, to see if we aren't in the same update boat as we were with the older bodies.. If it was like the old days, we may not get the mod update for a year or two..

I can't help but feel, they are gonna have to drop the price at some point, if they are really in it for the long haul.

That 5500 is pretty steep for a mesh body.. I know I was feeling it when i spent it.. hehehehe

From what I can tell, multiple bodies is a waste of time and energy. They definitely would had been better off just releasing one in the middle.
I don't expect that update anytime soon, but I could very well be wrong. I hope it's not too long for the sake of those who bought in. If they priced them around what Reborn had (3.7k?) they probably would had done much better. Instead they wanted to try and be Legacy and got bit on the behind for it.
Considering Legacy has had their bodies 50% off for a bit makes me wonder if they're going to chuck another expensive brick at us and it spurred Belleza to release earlier than planned.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 1:39 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I had the Venus line before the Ipanema came out..Venus is a shiny skin..  Ipanema is their newer line of skins which is just a bit more increased of a shine than Venus.

They didn't make Venus for a softer tone to Ipanema..

Both lines are two different lines of skin tones..

You won't find a matching version of Ipanema's ebony skin tone, in the Venus line to get less of a shine for ebony..

My thing is, a good neck fade coming with a head or even 3rd party, isn't locking me into a certain body skin.. I can have the freedom to pick and choose, or just use the ones I already have and like.

I would much rather have the freedom to choose my body skins than have to settle for less of an outcome than i want..

How did you have venus before ipanema? ipanema was the only body skin by velour in her store. then she released the new venus skin line at the skin fair in march this year. https://flic.kr/p/2n855n3

first was ipanema and then ipanema soft.  ipanema came out in may 2021.

• Thanks 1

One of the odd things I've noticed is that when I look around at the available GenX clothing to date, there seems to be a significant % more available for the curvy version compared to the classic. I've seen a lot of adverts that state Belleza GenX Curvy only, and that strikes me as odd.

If Belleza wants any of the non curvy market that's currently owned by Maitreya (and perhaps Legacy) the clothing needs to be there.

(This is much like there are a ton of Maitreya clothiers who do amazing work who utterly lack any meaningful support for Maitreya Petite.) It's always in drips and drabs.

• Like 2

And the thing is...Classic is lowercase-c curvy! I demoed them both and I could get all my curve needs from Classic if I bought it. It didn't seem that far off from Freya.

I still haven't pulled the trigger, but I've started saving the Classic sizes when I buy something that has them, so it's clearly still niggling at my brain.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kytteh Wytchwood said:

How did you have venus before ipanema? ipanema was the only body skin by velour in her store. then she released the new venus skin line at the skin fair in march this year. https://flic.kr/p/2n855n3

first was ipanema and then ipanema soft.  ipanema came out in may 2021.

It was one way or the other, I might have got them turned around.. Sometimes I don't sleep too good.. hehehe

The point was they aren't the same skin.. I keep hearing that Venus is a less shined version of Ipanema when it's not.. they aren't even skinned the same or shined the same. They are two different skinned skins.

There is more shine on the Venus body area than there is on the Ipanema. an easy way to tell is put on a dark version like Mali from each line and look  in between the breast and start switching back and forth and see which one has more built in shine..

The big give away to them not being skinned the same is, look at the belly button or the whole stomach area in general, then the nips, the crotch, the knees, the collar bone or just pan back a little and switch from one version to the other..The differences will stand out then.

The closest thing about those two lines are the tone names.. hehehe

Of both of those lines, Venus is a much better more realistic detailed skin, compared to Ipanema.

Edited by Ceka Cianci

9 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

One of the odd things I've noticed is that when I look around at the available GenX clothing to date, there seems to be a significant % more available for the curvy version compared to the classic. I've seen a lot of adverts that state Belleza GenX Curvy only, and that strikes me as odd.

Unfortunately it’s on the creators now. I actually like classic better than curvy. I’m sure most creators know how rabid Maitreya users are and how they won’t switch no matter what. At the same time, most Belleza wearers will suffer in silence. So they’re probably not aware of how many people want stuff for classic.

What has to happen is people that want classic have to hound creators like Legacy wearers did when it came out. Classic is such a good body.

Edited by Janet Voxel
Keyboard is in québécois and does weird stuff with words
  • Like 5

On 10/31/2022 at 6:40 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

100% agree. I still don't understand why would they do this, as it's possible to shape Classic to look quite curvy (in a similar way to Legacy) but not really the other way around. And unsurprisingly one of the bodies is already being phased out. I've also seen a few clothes for GenX, but not a single person wearing it "in the wild", although I inspect what people are wearing a lot. Being a Belleza fan in the past, it's rather disappointing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sissi Slacker said:

100% agree. I still don't understand why would they do this, as it's possible to shape Classic to look quite curvy (in a similar way to Legacy) but not really the other way around. And unsurprisingly one of the bodies is already being phased out. I've also seen a few clothes for GenX, but not a single person wearing it "in the wild", although I inspect what people are wearing a lot. Being a Belleza fan in the past, it's rather disappointing. 

Right now since that event is over, I think both of the bodies pace to climbing up where the other more popular bodies are is really gonna slow down now.. They have about the same amount of wearers as they had the second week after it went on sale..

All that  stuff is still up in the sim if anyone wants to go back there and get anything.. They might not get around to clearing that stuff out  for another month or year.. hehehe

Really all it's done is move passed the bodies that had less wearers on the list. right now curvy is sitting just under the realistic great dane mesh body, that has 159 wearers.. Curvy's been sitting in the 108th spot for going on it's second week..

Curvy shows 158 wearers and Classic is showing 124 wearers.. Those numbers haven't changed since week two. So it's not surprising that you haven't seen any in the wild..

They must have really had a lot of confidence in these two bodies to do well on their own.. That or they thought a lot of their former customers, that they gave no discount to or anything and even pulled the older bodies out, were going to have some sort of brand loyalty.. Who knows what logic was going on with them..

I know this much, that price sure didn't help them too much.. They might want to think about announcing a sale pretty soon and cutting that to around a Maitreya price and leaving it at that price, if they want to get anywhere..Because that 5500 is like setting the anchor down where they are now.

Plus get on seeing if they can't get a few more of the good quality creators to start putting out things for them, before it's too late. they are gonna be hard pressed to get up to those Erika numbers right now unless they give these bodies another push.. They haven't budge in wearers going on three weeks now.

I don't think a mod body update is gonna cause a rush to get them.

I'd hate to see them not move up.. They are nice bodies..

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Really all it's done is move passed the bodies that had less wearers on the list. right now curvy is sitting just under the realistic great dane mesh body, that has 159 wearers.. Curvy's been sitting in the 108th spot for going on it's second week..

Curvy shows 158 wearers and Classic is showing 124 wearers.. Those numbers haven't changed since week two. So it's not surprising that you haven't seen any in the wild..

I’m not going to put too much stock in the statistics just yet. That’s because, if a lot of people are like me, they bought the body and are waiting for some things to happen: the first being some fixes. That normal/specular thing you pointed out is a biggie for me. Someone came out with an alternative at Kinky, that would solve that, but third party support for little things like that is big. 

The second thing is, a lot of clothing creators slap some stuff together and sell it. Some of it is poorly rigged junk that just isn’t worth it. Also shoes, I don’t know why but shoe creators are the last to jump on a body. So without shoe support, I’m not wearing a body.

I waited on shoe support to switch over to ebody. That actually took a while to happen, so I held off on wearing it for quite some time.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

I’m not going to put too much stock in the statistics just yet. That’s because, if a lot of people are like me, they bought the body and are waiting for some things to happen: the first being some fixes. That normal/specular thing you pointed out is a biggie for me. Someone came out with an alternative at Kinky, that would solve that, but third party support for little things like that is big. 

The second thing is, a lot of clothing creators slap some stuff together and sell it. Some of it is poorly rigged junk that just isn’t worth it. Also shoes, I don’t know why but shoe creators are the last to jump on a body. So without shoe support, I’m not wearing a body.

I waited on shoe support to switch over to ebody. That actually took a while to happen, so I held off on wearing it for quite some time.

Oh you mean with the Gloss running solid up to the neck line? Ya that's a biggie for me too.. I might have to run over to kinky and see about that one, Thank you for that information :)

I agree third party support is a biggy.. That kind of support really helped boost along Reborn to move up so fast.. Really it had an all around good game plan anyways.. But those addons really put it in another gear. hehehe

I'm just hoping that these don't trend out and they start to lose 3rd party support because of lack of numbers..That's why i think they'd be doing so much better if they would have just put out a more middle of the road body and split the difference between the two, rather than two bodies splitting wearers.. Because if one stays where it is and the other drops off, they'll be rigging for around 160 people if they didn't sell another body.

I can't help but believe that, that price is what is really killing them right now more than anything.. Besides about 9300 old customers not coming off the older bodies.. They really should have tried hard to get them to come over, but they didn't try at all.. not a bit.

I'm hoping it's still too early to tell though.. Because I really love the body..

I'm still waiting for a good bikini worth wearing for it, so I can go to the dang beach..I've been dying to get to the beach with it..I can't even pieces parts one together yet.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Oh you mean with the Gloss running solid up to the neck line? Ya that's a biggie for me too.. I might have to run over to kinky and see about that one, Thank you for that information :)

I agree third party support is a biggy.. That kind of support really helped boost along Reborn to move up so fast.. Really it had an all around good game plan anyways.. But those addons really put it in another gear. hehehe

I'm just hoping that these don't trend out and they start to lose 3rd party support because of lack of numbers..That's why i think they'd be doing so much better if they would have just put out a more middle of the road body and split the difference between the two, rather than two bodies splitting wearers.. Because if one stays where it is and the other drops off, they'll be rigging for around 160 people if they didn't sell another body.

I can't help but believe that, that price is what is really killing them right now more than anything.. Besides about 9300 old customers not coming off the older bodies.. They really should have tried hard to get them to come over, but they didn't try at all.. not a bit.

I'm hoping it's still too early to tell though.. Because I really love the body..

I'm still waiting for a good bikini worth wearing for it, so I can go to the dang beach..I've been dying to get to the beach with it..I can't even pieces parts one together yet.. hehehe

Yeah, Freya kind of had that problem too, but it was back in the day and it was overlookable. But now with all the third party support for specular, I tend to use those anyway. I want to say it’s by This is wrong. I haven’t played with it yet.

Yeah, you would think somebody would do a bikini at this point as many beaches there are in SL. Plenty of quickly done bra and panties though. That’s exactly what I mean about when a body comes out though. It’s little things you want that just aren’t available yet to make you feel comfortable enough to wear the body, so you just kind of wait lol and they just missed bikini season and put the body out during spooky season. So we get a tonne of costumes you’ll forget you had in a month and no beachwear!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Yeah, Freya kind of had that problem too, but it was back in the day and it was overlookable. But now with all the third party support for specular, I tend to use those anyway. I want to say it’s by This is wrong. I haven’t played with it yet.

Yeah, you would think somebody would do a bikini at this point as many beaches there are in SL. Plenty of quickly done bra and panties though. That’s exactly what I mean about when a body comes out though. It’s little things you want that just aren’t available yet to make you feel comfortable enough to wear the body, so you just kind of wait lol and they just missed bikini season and put the body out during spooky season. So we get a tonne of costumes you’ll forget you had in a month and no beachwear!

Ya, I have some This is Wrong stuff for my Maitreya and then got some for my reborn.. I should have just grabbed the dang fatpacks the first time so I could just be doing redelivers on them.. They have a few in their store for GenX I believe also..

The thing that has me holding off on getting those is, they don't have demos.. I wasn't too happy with the reborn version compared to the Maitreya, so I kind of am leery grabbing them for another body..  If they just had demos rather than some explanation room of how the product works..  hehehe

This body seems to be quite expensive and I don't see the interest in comparison with reborn (both bodies, the curvy and the normal are actually curvy). I use Legacy Perky with this avatar and Reborn with my other avatar and it's fine. Besides, that means, I guess, that the other belleza bodies are abandoned, which is not very nice for the customers.

On 11/3/2022 at 9:13 AM, Katherine Heartsong said:

If Belleza wants any of the non curvy market that's currently owned by Maitreya (and perhaps Legacy) the clothing needs to be there.

(This is much like there are a ton of Maitreya clothiers who do amazing work who utterly lack any meaningful support for Maitreya Petite.) It's always in drips and drabs.

I was noticing that also - that ad boards either had both Gen X bodies, or just Gen X Curvy. Then last weekend happened. And I kept running into events & stores that had only Gen X Classic (along with other bodies, but not Gen X Curvy).

• Thanks 1

I wouldn’t say the older bodies are abandoned, they’re still being sold at a discount. Strangely enough, I see a lot more stuff for Freya and Isis at top tier events now than I did a couple of months ago. It shows how viable the older bodies were, just…abandoned…by creators.

So strangely enough, the new bodies renewed interest in the old bodies. I’m guessing creators that abandoned Belleza are trying to show they can create stuff for it by using the old kits they already had to get a new kit.

I’m thinking it’s having a weird effect on the clothing we’re seeing. It’s split between the old bodies and the new bodies. Kupra and eBody didn’t have that problem because there was nothing before Kupra and not that many people wore the older eBody. Belleza’s former success could actually be hurting it.

Its a weird effect, it’s making how successful Gen X is going to be hard to predict. I think it’ll work itself out in a couple months as more kits get handed out. The bright side is people that have the older bodies get to enjoy some new stuff at events for a while.

Edited by Janet Voxel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Elektra Hexem said:

. Besides, that means, I guess, that the other belleza bodies are abandoned, which is not very nice for the customers.

The first Belleza body came out in December 2015, and has had six major updates and more quality of life fixes. The people who paid full price for them have had their money's worth.

58 minutes ago, PJBear said:

I was noticing that also - that ad boards either had both Gen X bodies, or just Gen X Curvy. Then last weekend happened. And I kept running into events & stores that had only Gen X Classic (along with other bodies, but not Gen X Curvy).

That's good news, at least. If Gen X Classic is the one designers pick, then the generously proportioned crew can have their plethora of bodies rigged for and a more modestly proportioned new body can also get chosen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

I could have sworn those vendors weren't there a few weeks ago.

Wonder if they put them back after slow uptake of Gen.X.

The day the new bodies were released, I looked inside the Belleza store and was sad to see that the bodies were gone from the place they had been, I believe, for years.

Then I noticed, and I'm not sure why I continued to look, that the older bodies had been moved to the opposite side of the store (the men's side). If I recall corectly, they weren't hidden so much as they were further into the store, so if you just glanced in that direction, you wouldn't have seen them. There was a new(ish; new I think; well new to me) sign that said "Bodies".  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PJBear said:

The day the new bodies were released, I looked inside the Belleza store and was sad to see that the bodies were gone from the place they had been, I believe, for years.

Then I noticed, and I'm not sure why I continued to look, that the older bodies had been moved to the opposite side of the store (the men's side). If I recall corectly, they weren't hidden so much as they were further into the store, so if you just glanced in that direction, you wouldn't have seen them. There was a new(ish; new I think; well new to me) sign that said "Bodies".  

Right, day1 of launch I saw the vendors relocated, then days later I "thought" I saw them removed.

Now they're back, if they even went away in the first place.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 299 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.