Linden Home Neighborhood Community Centers

Alec Kaestner

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is an interesting topic.

Despite the many helpful and properly informative answers, the opening of this topic and some arguments and answers demonstrates that Bellisseria residents need more and easier access to this kind of information.

When Bellisseria was created and some specific groups of residents (some with kindly Lindens and Moles help) were created, they focus on a scenery that doesnt exist anymore.

When I joined Bellisseria almost 1 year later, there were 3 themes and victorians were just released with lots of vics regions still being build. So for a community this size, the existent specific residents groups and forums participation were still able to keep Bellisseria informed and socially functional. Today the continent is 10 themes bigger with basically same groups run for basically same people. Same for the forums. What is understandable as to dedicate time to run a group, to seek and provide info or entertainment or to be forums active is just something not all residents have. Not even Linden and Moles,  Bellisseria was supposed to be run by its own residents, so they help when asked/needed and this is it.

So what I see is that Bellisseria is (if someone have proper data please insert here) times bigger but "its mechanism" remains the same.

Back in dec 2019 I found a friendly Bellisseria community where everybody knew your name, eager for activities and fun together. Now Bellisseria still have "community interested residents" but the majority "just got a house" with total lack of information/interest. For Bellisseria actual size, it is also understandable. Not all have to be community involved. Thats why more information channels need to be created (as I already suggested), to reach who wants but doesnt know they can or how. Bellisseria "mechanisms" in all aspects needs to keep up with its growing and new needs.

As an owner of some Bellisseria groups, I had dare to created the first social group outside of the already existed back then, dare to open them to outside Bellisseria when none existent was open before.  I dare to be an independent events builder on FG  and an independent DJ as well in Bellisseria. None an easy task but gives me fun and pleasure and allowed me to meet incredible persons. As Bellisseria is a live in expansion organism, I keep daring to adapt following its needs.

I gladly had the opportunity to express myself view and provide suggestions to whom that matters and was gladly heard on a number of points. Another number still to go in their due time I hope. So I strongly believe that any suggestion counts and are always taken in consideration. My dearest friend DJ FAR had the great idea of the stream radios for the community spaces and here they are thanks to him, Abnor and Patch. So who knows one day we cannot see tipjars around?! I agreed with all that was said, I personally never felt the need or see it as an issue, understand Belli is non commercial but is tip a commerce?! Isnt tip a gratuity meaning something given voluntarily or beyond obligation?! Why it is ok to be given "under the table" but not directly on a tip jar... I frankly doesnt see the difference. But a rule is a rule, till it isnt.

Thank you all for reading this and sorry for my english mistakes, hope it is understandable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 4:29 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

The difference being, with tipjars, "the house" gets a cut.

Maybe in some cases, but certainly not always and unlikely to be in examples that have happened.

I do find the rule odd.

Gratuities are almost by definition non-commercial because they are tax free. Whereas the alternative of paying for a Dj to run without tips is. But that might be cultural perception. It is what it is though, but is a barrier to bringing mainland events to Bellisseria.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 1

I think the whole set up now with the radios and that any resident in Belli can technically use the community spaces for gatherings with their own music is awesome. Yes there is some control over it but that's a good thing. 

I've personally used it a number of times and I'm proper guilty of being a little too spontaneous but that's the fun of it right ? 

I'm especially pleased the Galaxy has been updated with new dance balls and radio, I wish they'd done that when I was SL married there :)

• Like 6

I am very glad that the residential areas in Bellisseria are not commercialized into money making projects.  I hope it stays with resident and volunteer run activities and get togethers.  There are any number of places to make $L on the mainland.  Please don't commercialize the suburbs.  If you want to "hide" your tipping/paying other avatars behind direct transfer, do that.  

• Like 7

On 9/6/2022 at 7:45 PM, Abnor Mole said:

If you want to hire someone to perform at an event you are hosting in Bellisseria you could always simply negotiate and pay them a set fee up front. I think a lot of them might prefer that to begging for tips (which is hit or miss) anyway. 

I dont do a lot of DJ hiring,  as I only set up 1 or 2 parties a year for firestorm and they are with live singers .... but every big name singers I have ever contacted expects to be able to put out a tip Jar ... and they have a different set of pricing for "private" events where tip jars are not allowed. It is possible to negotiate a set fee to skip using tip jars, but that fee is "out of my budget."

I would imagine it is the same for DJs, that the "no tip jar" fee is maybe 3 times their regular fee.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 472 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.