Stupid topic not about trees but about songs and stuff

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Back when I was Neko for years and years, my avatar theme song was this one. I used to reqiuest it in clubs often, and the one I worked at played it for me every set (presumably only when I was there).

I still love it but now I'm rarely Neko any more it's not so relevant.  maybe this one, now:

And for my Second Life experience, maybe this one (I've picked a lyrics version - you'll probably get it).  Bjork is weird, the song is weird and Second Life is weird (but I like all three).

• Like 4

Even though I  don't have a theme song, I would love if this played every time a hardleg IM'd..

You know, the Hi , HRU , where U frum, then a friend request and a teleport to some adult sim..

If there was a way to screen those IM's with this song, I'd be all over it like a Spider Monkey, CHIP!

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

While Melissa Ferrick's "Drive" reflects my SL aspirations, my SL actuality is somewhere between these two...

Even the Pink Panther theme is somewhat aspirational. Though I like to think of my self as the Pink Pantheress, I'm really more like Inspectress Clouseau. That's okay, my ego runs fine on sympathy.

Ironically, most people don't know that the "Pink Panther" was actually the eponymous diamond which was the thief's target in the first movie.

10 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

I can't believe we are on page 2 and nobody brought this up for @Madelaine McMasters

I watched a video about the making of this song and video just yesterday!

It's in black and white because they scrapped the first video they made, and had little money left for a new one. True story!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 7:10 AM, Maryanne Solo said:

🤫 Words from a stranger mean nothing.

My SL goes like this...

Fu..... I wish I was half as good as that on Hammered Dulcimer.

Heck, I'd settle for just being able to mic it up "just right" and sufficiently confident to play it on a performance stream...

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Heck, I'd settle for just being able to mic it up "just right" and sufficiently confident to play it on a performance stream...

This is how weird my instrument collection is getting: I forgot that I have a hammered dulcimer. Cute Chinese hammers from eBay, too.

15 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This is how weird my instrument collection is getting: I forgot that I have a hammered dulcimer. Cute Chinese hammers from eBay, too.

"...and we close our 'local news' section with this. Marcia...."

"Thanks, Tom. In the early hours of this afternoon a lion was rushed to the local hospital after suffering injuries in a freak avalanche of musical instruments...."

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

"...and we close our 'local news' section with this. Marcia...."

"Thanks, Tom. In the early hours of this afternoon a lion was rushed to the local hospital after suffering injuries in a freak avalanche of musical instruments...."

I thought they'd all fit in the magic wardrobe, but the witch ripped me off!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I blame Molly..

(You're pushing the limits of my genetic memory, I'm too young to actually remember FM & M!)

The radio theater company I was a member of would recreate the classics. We'd do Fibber McGee, we'd do Dick Tracy, The Lone Ranger, The Shadow.. We'd do Christmas Carol every year. Did a pretty good recreation of "War of the Worlds" on its anniversary too :)

Edited by Da5id Weatherwax
out, out errant apostrophe!
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

The radio theater company I was a member of would recreate the classics. We'd do Fibber McGee, we'd do Dick Tracy, The Lone Ranger, The Shadow.. We'd do Christmas Carol every year. Did a pretty good recreation of "War of the Worlds" on its anniversary too :)

I grew up listening to "Old Time Radio Drama" on Wisconsin Public Radio. The show was cancelled in 2020, largely because the material was looking both dated and insensitive. I was a member of a local community theater for years. At our after parties, we'd sometimes do little radio sketches that members had written, or impromptu lampoons of scenes from the play we'd just wrapped. Neil Simon would have filed a lawsuit if he'd seen what we did with "Barefoot in the Park".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Ooooh, streaming/broadcasting is a challenge. Da5id.

Whatever confidence I lack over playing my bodhran in public can be replaced by pizza given to the band... or the audience.

38 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I grew up listening to "Old Time Radio Drama" on Wisconsin Public Radio. The show was cancelled in 2020, largely because the material was looking both dated and insensitive. I was a member of a local community theater for years. At our after parties, we'd sometimes do little radio sketches that members had written, or impromptu lampoons of scenes from the play we'd just wrapped. Neil Simon would have filed a lawsuit if he'd seen what we did with "Barefoot in the Park".

I used to listen to a late-night broadcast of "old time radio", it was a nationwide syndicated show. Lots of "The Shadow Knows'".

18 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Ooooh, streaming/broadcasting is a challenge. Da5id.

Whatever confidence I lack over playing my bodhran in public can be replaced by pizza given to the band... or the audience.

Stick a mic in front of my gob or a guitar, bodhran or low whistle in my paws and I'll go for it. The hammered dulcimer, the mandolin and the bandura, not so much.

Best place to play bodhran is in a jam circle in the corner of a crowded Irish pub.There will likely be at least two other bodhran players there. The other musicians will be friendly and help you get better, should you need it, while the other listeners in the pub won't know which of the the three of you made the mistakes :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Stick a mic in front of my gob or a guitar, bodhran or low whistle in my paws and I'll go for it. The hammered dulcimer, the mandolin and the bandura, not so much.

Best place to play bodhran is in a jam circle in the corner of a crowded Irish pub.There will likely be at least two other bodhran players there. The other musicians will be friendly and help you get better, should you need it, while the other listeners in the pub won't know which of the the three of you made the mistakes :) 

Some of the beaches here have regular drum circles, I've never sought one out.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Some of the beaches here have regular drum circles, I've never sought one out.

Year ago, while kayaking on the Wisconsin River, I heard the sound of drumming from the shore. A group of people had climbed into the Steven's Point Bandshell and were joyously banging away. If I'd had my bodhran, I'd have scared them all away*.

*That's a lie, you can't scare drummers. Gunfire is just another form of percussion. 1812 Overture anyone?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.