Water Ripple missing in second life as of yesterday.

Alisha Kawaguichi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there!  When I logged into Firestorm today I noticed all the water is stagnant on my parcels.  I didnt touch any settings, and I tried playing with some things in preferences to no avail.  Has this happened to anyone before?  When I log in through the LL viewer, everything is fine.  

TIA! :)

del.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alisha Kawaguichi said:

Hi there!  When I logged into Firestorm today I noticed all the water is stagnant on my parcels.  I didnt touch any settings, and I tried playing with some things in preferences to no avail.  Has this happened to anyone before?  When I log in through the LL viewer, everything is fine.  

TIA! :)

del.png

Check in Preferences/Graphic/General and make sure water isn't set to opaque

Earlier today I received a complaint from a customer where he could no longer see the ocean ripples on his island. 

Relog, clear cache, restart of PC all did not make a difference. His ocean water looked like a mirror. Also trying the other water settings did not make any improvement.

Now I cleared my viewer cache myself, I relog, no more ocean ripples and the exact same mirror ocean like my customer had.

I tried to relog using the normal Second Life viewer, no ocean ripples anymore there either so it is not viewer related and should be linked to the update from earlier today.

This image shows what it looks like

A simple Clear Cache should replicate this bug. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

It isn't everywhere, I just checked Zephyr (Mainland) and the sea looks normal, are all the places above saying it's broken perhaps homesteads/private islands?

I see smooth water on mainland regions.

• Like 1

This happened to a friend of mine. I can say this happened a week ago. Her message to me: [2022/08/17 10:47]  J* D*: Can you help me I lost my linden ocean wave movement
[2022/08/17 10:47]  J* D*: the water is like calm glass. 

Edited by Indy Melody
type
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Profaitchikenz Haiku said:

It isn't everywhere, I just checked Zephyr (Mainland) and the sea looks normal, are all the places above saying it's broken perhaps homesteads/private islands?

The only one in the list that's a private sim is Sandbanks, and I guess technically Eden (with the Fruit Islands) being its own region. I went out driving after my post, starting at route 5, and all along the connecting routes, the areas with water around or nearby are also effected. 

Edited by Vicious Hollow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.