I see the SecondLife Thought Police have arrived.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

As a first generation Canadian, I'm not really big on the cultural pluralism. It might sound good for the immigrants  but not so great for their children born and raised in the culture of the country they came to. 

https://www.thoughtco.com/pluralism-definition-4692539

Pluralism is exactly what you ask for when you say that differing viewpoints should be supported/accepted and not suppressed.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

I seriously disagree with that statement. It is way too often (ab)used by entities such as Twitter, facebook, etc. Granted, SL and its forums can't be compared to those Social Media giant but SL is in the same sector. Having said that. We all know where Linden Labs is located and... Well, i can't say more, now can I? :D 

Can you really disagree with a factual statement? For example "The sun is to hot for a human" or "the earth is round" Facts are facts whether they hide behind it or not.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

Which is exactly what the revised guidelines say.   

And so any issue or minority or progressive idea that can be systemically 'politicized' by griefers or political operatives can effectively be shut down and silenced with little more than some higher-level strategic-grade griefing. Carpet-grief from 30,000ft. Then they can grief the debate back into the stone age by poisoning the basic ability for people to talk about any keyword they or their secretive but influential group may dislike, like a magickal power to make people lose their collective higher faculties of reasoning when it comes to whatever the problem with equality for them is this time.

We've seen so many things become highly (and improbably) politicized. It's not about "the thing" that's controversial (whatever it may be at the time) anymore. It's about having a handle or control over masses of people. These issues are like driving in an anchor to use for leverage. It's so disconnected from human reality, so arbitrary, the shifts coming at such an exhilarating pace now that its wildly disorienting effects keep people further off balance and in fear, an effect used to some further advantage. They drop these handles as soon as they lose their power of leverage, grasping for some others but it's pretty excruciating when they systemize your life as a class and then use it as a pejorative part of their monstrous political stranglehold over reality, these ultra-high-level griefers who get to decide what topics are "political' or controversial and then mass disseminate these rules like some papal decree that's distributed to only come to a blistering focus over the things they want to vaporize in the world.

Edited by Brightstar7777
  • Like 2

I don't know -it's a huge world, isn't it? A big wide multiverse -an entire virtualverse.one might even say. I don't look to these forums for political debate. Those very rare times I wish to read the specifics of the collapse of western democracy I know where I can go. That's not what I'm in SL for, though, myself.

Edited by Han Held
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

What debate?   I don't see any room for debate about abortion rights, same sex marriage, or a whole lot of other things, and I certainly don't want to debate them in these forums.

Yeah, take all that stuff back to Animal Crossing and IMVU, where it belongs~!

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

What debate?   I don't see any room for debate about abortion rights, same sex marriage, or a whole lot of other things, and I certainly don't want to debate them in these forums.

Abortions don't have rights; women do. Marriage isn't about sex, it's about soulbonding (and equal access to legal benefits/protections). There's no need to debate either of these topics, they've been universally solved already for time immortal.

Edited by Brightstar7777
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Han Held said:

Less than they did just two months ago... 😥

No. Being deprived of your rights doesn't mean those rights cease to exist. The cat is out of the bag and it won't go back in. Human rights are universal, borderless, timeless and inalienable. What we have right here is a failed government, exposed.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Can you really disagree with a factual statement? For example "The sun is to hot for a human" or "the earth is round" Facts are facts whether they hide behind it or not.

Facts can seem like "challenges" to ornery folks: don't eat Tide pods, don't stare at the sun, don't put your hand on a hot stove, don't set things on fire. (Do you have any idea how hard it was to make that short list, without picking something that seemed political or judgmental? That's what things have come to.) 

• Like 2

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Be careful, actual facts are challenged and AR'd by people they trigger!

Look, Delete it again if you must Quartz, i don't really care. I can only hope at least a few people read it before you do: I'm not from America, and i look at what you're doing over there and i shake my head constantly. Why are you trying to wrap everyone in bubble wrap all the time and protect everyone's feel-feels? I won't actively seek to make someone feel bad, but eventually i will. People can not constantly watch what they say because someone somewhere might be offended by something. That's ridiculous. Me and my sisters grew up tough. Our parents didn't wrap us in bubble wrap and i'm so glad they didn't. You're going in the wrong direction.

And while you're reading LL, How about you address those technical jira's i have posted over the years? Couple of them are accepted but are over 7 years old. How about that instead of making us really watch our step here on the forums? Hm? ;) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 650 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.