Long hair on men?

Ollie Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Ollie Huntsman said:

So a friend of mine is trying to figure out a way to wear hairs typically rigged for women. However they clip into his back. Are there any deformers / workarounds for this that someone might know about?

Wasabi has some long styles for men too, so you don't need to worry about the back clipping. They are high quality.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Ollie Huntsman said:

However they clip into his back. 

Yup, I demo a ton of hair from all over the grid on my men that are rigged for women and this is often how it goes. 

There are a few stores that will occasionally have something in the womens line that will work on me (I wear male Legacy, so your friend's mileage may vary if he's in something else). As always, demo everything first and try a large variety of styles.

Sintiklia's long hair seems to work. I've tried the group gift freebies and demoed a few of the paid styles.

Foxy has one style that's worked so far (the interactive ponytail called Charm), but only when in ponytail mode.

Mina's interactive wet hair (Rachel) works on me in both wet and dry mode. Romy also works as it's pulled over the shoulder. Might be worth trying some of their others.

No.Match's hair is often unisex, or if not, occasionally has different sizing.

Magika's Alyssa works a *bit* - it might clip into clothing but only very slightly. Worth a demo, but it's not super long.

Adoness hair may also work, with some slight clipping. I can say that their style Valasca is okay when shirtless, but a bit close to the back, so any shirts/tops that are too bulky might have some problems. Ainia fits almost the same way, so might be an option if you aren't opposed to having a bun on your head.

Lastly, if he's anything like me and gives absolutely no rats about wearing unique hairstyles on men, I've had amazing luck rocking updos, low/high/top buns, messy buns, hair brushed over the shoulder, braids, dreads, various shaved styles, high ponytails, and more. That way, your hair is still visibly long, but not hanging down the back. Good luck!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Another couple stores I don't see recommended -

Raven Bell is unisex across the board on styles and they have quite a few long ones.

Ginko also has long hair for men/unisex fitted ones.

And here's a work-around if you find a style you really love but it's female and clips into the back if you wear Belleza Jake

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/OYI-Back-Deformers-Belleza-Jake/23377289

Edited by cariboustag
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've had some good luck lately with long hair from Truth. Currently wearing the Indigo hair pretty often for an 80's rocker look, and also sometimes Euphoria for a straighter look. They cut into the back a tiny bit but not majorly noticeable.

Echoing the mentions of No.match and Raven Bell - have used their hairs a fair bit. I've gotten some good use out of Exile hair as well.

I'm going to give that back deformer for Jake a try - didn't know that existed! That should expand the options quite a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.