Meta | They Asked For It!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Antonioo Giano said:

Oh yes. Because every quarterly report they "don't" release a thing called "Meta Earning Presentation where they go into details about earning they made and reported in their balance sheet.
Kepp trying. Or as I said, I can tell you are right and make your day.

I don't care what you think, you've basically joined a cult for nerds and I think it's hilarious. That comment was for everyone else.

• Like 4

Just now, skepwith said:

I don't care what you think, you've basically joined a cult for nerds and I think it's hilarious. That comment was for everyone else.

Yeah, cult for nerds. Tells me skepwith from Second Life forum.
I love when you don't have nothing to say react starting to "try" to offend.
I can leave you then talk about me with your "cult" of people hating "the bad guys from big corps". Kisses!

Just now, Antonioo Giano said:

Yeah, cult for nerds. Tells me skepwith from Second Life forum.
I love when you don't have nothing to say react starting to "try" to offend.
I can leave you then talk about me with your "cult" of people hating "the bad guys from big corps". Kisses!

I think it's funny that you donate your time to defend someone who would buy you for extra organs if he could, on a forum almost nobody reads. Save your kisses for him.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, this is so well documented, and has been for years, that it should be unnecessary to reiterate it.

And then there are the revelations from the Meta whistleblowers last year to add to the mix.

I've posted this before, but I always think of this story when this topic comes up because just wow.

https://www.nasfaa.org/news-item/27254/New_Report_Finds_Facebook_Accessed_FAFSA_Data_No_Friend_Request_Needed

https://themarkup.org/pixel-hunt/2022/04/28/applied-for-student-aid-online-facebook-saw-you

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, skepwith said:

I think it's funny that you donate your time to defend someone who would buy you for extra organs if he could, on a forum almost nobody reads. Save your kisses for him.

I'm not defending anyone. I'm just stating facts while you and others that tried to answer me talks for.. theories and fantasies.
But you are right, I should not "donate my time" to someone that thinks that a random dude, just because he is rich would buy me for organs :D This shows just how all your argument are based on nothing. I guess to say that you know him personally, right?
Is getting more and more ridicolous.

6 minutes ago, Antonioo Giano said:

Oh yes. Because every quarterly report they "don't" release a thing called "Meta Earning Presentation where they go into details about earning they made and reported in their balance sheet.
Kepp trying. Or as I said, I can tell you are right and make your day.

Looky here - it's the Meta Earnings Presentation for Q1 2022!

https://s21.q4cdn.com/399680738/files/doc_financials/2022/q1/Q1-2022_Earnings-Presentation_Final.pdf

Not exactly as specific as some people make it sound. It does give us a figure for "Facebook Average Revenue per User" though. Almost looks like they treat their users as a source of income.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Looky here - it's the Meta Earnings Presentation for Q1 2022!

https://s21.q4cdn.com/399680738/files/doc_financials/2022/q1/Q1-2022_Earnings-Presentation_Final.pdf

Not exactly as specific as some people make it sound. It does give us a figure for "Facebook Average Revenue per User" though. Almost looks like they treat their users as a source of income.

Oh yes? I was expecting them treating us with care, love and send us birthday gifts and not as a source of income. What a bad guy he is!

8 hours ago, Antonioo Giano said:

Yeah I know it's a trend to hate Meta and Mark Zuckemberg.

Been a trend since he referred to his users as "dumb f&*ks" in an interview. And if you think he's gotten better or more caring over the years, I have a bridge to sell you.

He has about as much empathy for his users, or anyone "beneath" his social status, as you do for a cockroach crawling out of your shower drain.

I wouldn't work for his company for any money he could ever offer. Heck, I wouldn't shake his hand for money.

And as others have pointed, out this metaverse thing? It's gonna need to cover the entire gamut of activities we humans get up to. Including sex ... and whipped cream (sometime at the same time).

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Been a trend since he referred to his users as "dumb f&*ks" in an interview. And if you think he's gotten better or more caring over the years, I have a bridge to sell you.

He has about as much empathy for his users, or anyone "beneath" his social status, as you do for a cockroach crawling out of your shower drain.

I wouldn't work for his company for any money he could ever offer. Heck, I wouldn't shake his hand for money.

And as others have pointed, this metaverse thing? It's gonna need to cover the entire gamut of activities we humans get up to. Including sex ... and whipped cream (sometime at the same time).

I’m here only for the sex and whipped cream. Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Antonioo Giano said:

I didn't see the documentation that gives an official accuse to Meta to sell our data without our consent. I missed the post. Can you point it a me?

Meta = Facebook. By being on the platform you've given them consent to sell you. You know that, right? That's how they make money.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Antonioo Giano said:

I didn't see the documentation that gives an official accuse to Meta to sell our data without our consent. I missed the post. Can you point it a me?

7 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Antonioo Giano said:

I already provided a link to an article in which the writer asked questions directly to Facebook and their responses. From the horses mouth so to speak. Their responses said your theories and imaginings are wrong.

• Like 3

To be fair to Meta, @Scylla Rhiadra, the FSA Chief Operating Officer SAYS they didn't use the data they were given, lulz (I'll wait for the full investigation and see what that turns up, of course - they still don't seem to know yet whether or not financial data was accessed, either).

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
I know how to tag I promise

6 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Meta = Facebook. By being on the platform you've given them consent to sell you. You know that, right? That's how they make money.

Nope, they don't sell anything. They use my data to show me "pertinent" (not always) ads on their platform and they SHARE (not sell) some data with other websites. Data like my gender, my age etc.. All stuff YOU WRITE on facebook.
Even all this data sharing, people are scared about, you think to be that important? The fact that someone knows the like you put to a page, how old are you and where are you from matters that much among more than 1 billion users where your data are some random lines that just software will see?
If that scares you too much, fine. Delete all your Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp profiles and you are free.
If that doesn't scare you, keep using it. We are free to choose. But here people choose drama and to follow the trend of hating big companies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Antonioo Giano said:

The big banners you see when you click the link. That is how a website makes money.

That's one way. The other way is that they track you on the majority of the worlds top 100,00 websites using cookies, trackers etc, know your browsing habits, have contracts with the three largest credit agencies in the US, and have more than 2,900 data points on you. Meta knows with almost pin-pont accuracy if you're pregnant, divorced, gay, where you live, what you buy, what sites you visit, how long you spend on those sites, where you travel, and more. They also know who your friends are. They recently even tried to get partnered with VISA and Mastercard. Whatever for, I wonder?

Then .. they sell this data as very finely segmented audiences to companies that want you as a customer. So that, say, Nike knows you buy $200 runners, jog as a hobby, live in CA, are 45 year old male, and will target you with that advertising. Across every site Meta partners with.

That banner ad is nothing compared to the $ they make doing this.

You are their product.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 8

Just now, Katherine Heartsong said:

That's one way. The other way is that they track you on the majority of the worlds top 100,00 websites using cookies, trackers etc, know your browsing habits, have contracts with the three largest credit agencies in the US, and have more than 2,900 data points on you. Meta knows with almost pin-pont accuracy if you're pregnant, divorced, gay, where you live, what you buy, what sites you visit, how long you spend on those sites, where you travel, and more. They also know who your friends are. They recently even tried to get partnered with VISA and Mastercard. Whatever for, I wonder?

Then .. they sell this data as very finely segmented audiences to companies that want you as a customer. So that, say, Nike knows you buy $200 runners, jog as a hobby, live in CA, are 45 year old male, and will target you with that advertising. Across every site Meta partners with.

That banner ad is nothing compared to the $ they make doing this.

Hi. Not arguing. But isn’t it good that the world knows what I want and tells me how to get it? 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 644 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.