Which Body is This? - a forum game

Persephone Emerald

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This thread should probably be in My Avatar, but I can't open that sub-forum to post in it. 

Post pictures of your avatar - front, side and back in a bikini or swim shorts. Then let people guess which body it is. Let's see how good we are at spotting which bodies avatars are wearing.

28392487_Alycia-MaitreyaKayahad_001.thumb.jpg.63a8ea8bbe7e37804b33942896aa14d0.jpg1258234351_Alycia-MaitreyaKayahad_002.thumb.jpg.dbd6b2a9d48e938083fcf3aa1b3f9280.jpg520873802_Alycia-MaitreyaKayahad_003.thumb.jpg.63346e703aa96821a9ae46dc8378c253.jpg1596557343_Alycia-MaitreyaKayahad_004.thumb.jpg.356616b7d7cbc629cfdd9ed4ab6b9c66.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I'm going to guess it is a Ruth body.

Which one? There are 3 different mesh bodies shown in the posts above.

(I'm not giving the answers until more people guess & post their own pictures.)

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Good game! Which I'm not likely to be very good at, but anyway.

I think this one might be Maitreya. 

4 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh, okay. I would say the bottom set of pictures is the ruth body.

Only 2 guesses?  Sorry, you're both wrong.

The top example is Maitreya. The Second is LucyBody Atenea. The 3rd and 4th are both Belleza Freya, first with the Natural breast shape and then with the Perky breast shape. I've put more work into Persephone's body, so that may be partly why it looks better (IMO), but I also think Belleza Freya & Isis have some of he best, most natural curves. The way you can tell a female Belleza body is the 2 prominent dimples on the lower back. I don't think any of the other mesh bodies have that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Only 2 guesses?  Sorry, you're both wrong.

The top example is Maitreya. The Second is LucyBody Atenea. The 3rd and 4th are both Belleza Freya, first with the Natural breast shape and then with the Perky breast shape. I've put more work into Persephone's body, so that may be partly why it looks better (IMO), but I also think Belleza Freya & Isis have some of he best, most natural curves. The way you can tell a female Belleza body is the 2 dimples on the lower back. I don't think any of the other mesh bodies have that.

Yeah. Actually #1 was my next guess for Maitreya, because of that weird shoulder thing when the arms are up. I don't own any Belleza or LucyBody, so I wasn't going to be able to get those.

But I also suck at this kind of thing, generally. Although I could probably usually tell a Genus (big forehead) from a Catwa (duck lips).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I don't know if this was part of what you were trying to demonstrate, but one takeaway for me is that, really, these bodies are, at least at this distance, not all that different from each other.

Yeah, that was one point I wanted to make. We tend to get so stuck on the small flaws of each body that we can't imagine anyone else accepting them as being ok. The Maitreya shoulder problem for instance isn't really such a big deal. As long as each person is happy with the body they have - mesh or system - and they're happy with the skin and clothing choices they have for that body, then we're all winning.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Yeah, that was one point I wanted to make. We tend to get so stuck on the small flaws of each body that we can't imagine anyone else accepting them as being ok. The Maitreya shoulder problem for instance isn't really such a big deal. As long as each person is happy with the body they have - mesh or system - and they're happy with the skin and clothing choices they have for that body, then we're all winning.

99% of the time, in my day-to-day SL, I think this is true. It's especially true, in fact, if one spends almost all of one's time reasonably fully clothed in mesh garments.

I will say, as someone who takes a lot of pics in SL, that it can make a difference in that context. I tend to use my Legacy Perky for shots that involve any degree of nudity, because it is objectively better for that. And I'll avoid using Maitreya for some poses because the shoulder thing really can be a problem on occasion.

And I suppose if one is having a lot of sex, it might make a subjective difference as well?

But overall, yes, agreed.

The other place where brand can make a difference is, of course, for more specialized body types. I prefer smaller breasts, so I favour either Maitreya Petite or Legacy Perky. And I don't know of anything else that looks quite like a Kupra.

I'm impressed by the Freya, though. Not my style, but it's a nice looking body.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And I suppose if one is having a lot of sex, it might make a subjective difference as well?

without getting too specific, certain kinds of toys seem to only be available for maitreya, or sometimes niche offerings for specific furry avatars. It's not universal, but it's prevalent enough that it's hard to justify using anything else as one's 'regular' body in some circles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm impressed by the Freya, though. Not my style, but it's a nice looking body.

Thanks. 

Another point I want to make is that body shaping makes a huge difference in how a mesh body looks. Some are easier to shape for a lean body, some are easier to shape for a curvy body, but one can compensate for all kinds of peculiarities in each mesh body. I used to prefer Isis to Freya, because it's pretty close in shape to Maitreya. Because there aren't enough clothes made for Isis, I've decided to focus on Freya instead, and I'm really happy with it now. If I want a standard sexy body, I make the breasts, butt, and lower body smaller. If I want a fuller figure, I can do that easily too. It's never going to be really lean, but that's not the look I'm aiming for with Persephone. On the other hand, Alycia and Tasha will never need any hair with a Busty option, because they're meant to be thinner than Persephone is.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Thanks. 

Another point I want to make is that body shaping makes a huge difference in how a mesh body looks. Some are easier to shape for a lean body, some are easier to shape for a curvy body, but one can compensate for all kinds of peculiarities in each mesh body. I used to prefer Isis to Freya, because it's pretty close in shape to Maitreya. Because there aren't enough clothes made for Isis, I've decided to focus on Freya instead, and I'm really happy with it now. If I want a standard sexy body, I make the breasts, butt, and lower body smaller. If I want a fuller figure, I can do that easily too. It's never going to be really lean, but that's not the look I'm aiming for with Persephone. On the other hand, Alycia and Tash will never need any hair with a Busty option, because they're meant to be thinner than Persephone is.

Well, this is one of the things that impressed me. I've tended to think of Freya as far more hourglass in shape than you've managed to achieve here. I don't want to be a beanpole, but I also don't like really accentuated hips and bust. (This is of course just a matter of my personal taste, and not a "rule.") 

But I could happily wear that body as you have it, excepting maybe only the boob size.

• Thanks 1

Back in the days before mesh bodies, I always thought that Belleza skins had the best body features so it sort of makes sense that they would be good at body making. Sadly I've used Maitreya's body for so long now that I just am just too lazy to learn how to use another one. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This thread should probably be in My Avatar, but I can't open that sub-forum to post in it. 

Post pictures of your avatar - front, side and back in a bikini or swim shorts. Then let people guess which body it is. Let's see how good we are at spotting which bodies avatars are wearing.

520873802_Alycia-MaitreyaKayahad_003.thumb.jpg.63346e703aa96821a9ae46dc8378c253.jpg

...puts the picture to her forehead, appears to concentrate for a moment...

I know! That's Persephone Emerald's body!

Did I win? Did I? Please send me my Internet right away.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.