Any Way to Stop Pervert's from Derezzing Cloths ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I just detach body and head/hair and keep the alphas on so all they see is your name tag floating above where your head is supposed to be. 

Of course, the idea has been around a long time.

Invisible_Avatar_Photo.jpg?1352218579

I seen one guy the other day that had an avatar that was like one of those flat  Bartenders some places will put behind their bar in a pub.. Like a cardboard cutout of an avatar.. You couldn't see anything from looking at them from the side.. Only front and back..

I was like, Why haven't I ever thought of doin that!!?\o/

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I seen one guy the other day that had an avatar that was like one of those flat  Bartenders some places will put behind their bar in a pub.. Like a cardboard cutout of an avatar.. You couldn't see anything from looking at them from the side.. Only front and back..

I was like, Why haven't I ever thought of doin that!!?\o/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvxWzz-ZeSc

The link could not be embedded because www.youtube.com does not allow embedding of that video.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/38590

These are from 2014. The 2d avatar has been around SL a lot longer than that. I have one from before 2010 somewhere buried in inventory.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

3 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvxWzz-ZeSc

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/38590

These are from 2014. The 2d avatar has been around SL a lot longer than that. I have one from before 2010 somewhere buried in inventory.

Ya, I've seen those.. I don't know why I didn't remember them.. hehehe

I remember people doing those with the tiny's and  pikachu and things..

I guess it just through me a little because it was like, If I took a picture of my avatar and used it instead my full avatar..

Maybe it was because I was at a place that sold mesh bodies too..

I guess  at the time it just felt kinda witty in a way.. Who knows.. lol

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 3:58 PM, Sammy Huntsman said:

I know I am replying to myself. But keep up. I don't know why a function like that was ever created in the first place. I mean we can already block mute and derender the whole person. Why do we need a function to derender clothes? That is just silly. 

If it were just for clothes you would be right. But you are thinking too narrowly.

On 7/12/2022 at 3:42 AM, Maitimo said:

All mesh clothing comprises attached items.  Disable the de-rendering of any/all attached items (whether classified as clothing or not) will achieve the desired result.

Of course this will also disable the ability to de-render attached hair, head, body, pets, particle-poofers etc, so it would likely nd up causing more problems than it cures.  So the odds of Firestorm actually doing it are slim to none.

Everyone seems to have forgotten about griefers...

There once were a large number of avatar attachments used for griefing... being able to de-render those attachments prevented they're becoming popular. Or at least lessened the popularity.

While it has been a minute or two since I've run into a griefer attachment, not being able to de-render those attachments would make them a popular choice for today's griefers AND REALLY annoy me.

Not many of us suffer griefer attacks these days. Much has been done to reduce the problems. But ask a Linden engineer at one of the meetings how much time is spent combating various hacking and griefing attempts. The de-render is a tool that helps us defend without waiting for a Linden.

Maitimo (quoted above) points out people wear lots of stuff we don't want to see. Particle Poofers being a big one for me. While there are some gorgeous dance toys that use particles others are horrible. And there are face-lights that out shine the region sun... OMG they are awful. But I don't necessarily want to turn off all particles or attached lights. De-render gives me options.

And there is hair that has ACI several times higher than my WHOLE avatar. If I am lagging, viewer FPS, I can de-render it and recover some performance. While Jelly Dolls has helped... that wasn't an absolute nor perfect fix.

There are pervs in SL. 🤯 That is diversity. Allowing them their thing is tolerance. Trying to control people and remove their abilities to do things is common these days. 😔 Unfortunately many haven't noticed its a fascist behavior that leads to worse things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

On 7/11/2022 at 6:41 PM, Rolig Loon said:

No, I get that part and I agree.  If you want to show bare boobs, that's one thing.  Having someone else make them visible is different.   But, you just said that you are wearing a transparent latex dress, so it sounds like a moot point.  Or am I missing something?

Transparency doesn't mean clear view necessarily. Just a light outline, Not a full on boob show.

I can not believe how many replies I got,

Thank you People !
some thoughtless ones too, everyone connects to their Av in a different way,
but can't expect insensitive people to understand hahahaha,

And Yes I know the "Best option" is to always wear BoM undies, hehe \o/

Thank You All !!! xoxoxox

10 minutes ago, Indiana Nexen said:

Transparency doesn't mean clear view necessarily. Just a light outline, Not a full on boob show.

That's translucency, not transparency  If that's the case, using alpha cutouts isn't going to work, but decorative underwear might. Depending on how sensitive you are, you might try skin-toned pasties. Or, if the dress is modifiable, make it just slightly less translucent, or wear strategic jewelry or a jacket or some other sort of coverup.  Make a fashion statement of them.

• Like 2

Everyone is talking like these people can derez our clothes. They can only do their own, right? As a land owner I just ban them because I know a lot of different ages listen to my podcast even though I really wish it was mainly 18+ simply for the rated R horror content, but I was a kid once and I watched horror all of the time so I'm sure there are going to be people there who are not 18. This is the only game I can think of where I can make my own stuff for a horror site. Please tell me I can block the pervs who expose themselves and do whatever? Plus, the land is moderate. I was thinking that wouldn't be allowed unless it was adult land?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spookyboo22 said:

Everyone is talking like these people can derez our clothes. They can only do their own, right? As a land owner I just ban them because I know a lot of different ages listen to my podcast even though I really wish it was mainly 18+ simply for the rated R horror content, but I was a kid once and I watched horror all of the time so I'm sure there are going to be people there who are not 18. This is the only game I can think of where I can make my own stuff for a horror site. Please tell me I can block the pervs who expose themselves and do whatever? Plus, the land is moderate. I was thinking that wouldn't be allowed unless it was adult land?

Anyone on the Firestorm viewer can derender any attachment on another avatar.  Most people just use the derender function to get rid of eyesores around their homes like a tree that blocks their view or ugly builds their neighbors put up.  Others use the feature to troll people.  Yes, they can derender attachments like mesh clothing, hair and pets.

This doesn't have anything to do with banning people from your land, land maturity ratings, or people who remove their own clothes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Anyone on the Firestorm viewer can derender any attachment on another avatar.  Most people just use the derender function to get rid of eyesores around their homes like a tree that blocks their view or ugly builds their neighbors put up.  Others use the feature to troll people.  Yes, they can derender attachments like mesh clothing, hair and pets.

This doesn't have anything to do with banning people from your land, land maturity ratings, or people who remove their own clothes.

What a drag. I guess I'll have to explain this to people and convince them to buy extra clothes. Maybe I'll make some special suits if they want them or find someone who wants to sell them at a kiosk when entering the land. Thanks for answering :)

Or maybe use opensim and do my own thing although I don't know much about it.

Edited by spookyboo22
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, spookyboo22 said:

As @Cinnamon Mistwoodsaid, the Firestorm viewer allows us to.derender attachments and any other object.  This ONLY derenders.it for them.  Everyone else will see them clothed.  That's why you'd only know if someone derendered your clothing if they told you they did.  Usually for drama purposes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

As @Cinnamon Mistwoodsaid, the Firestorm viewer allows us to.derender attachments and any other object.  This ONLY derenders.it for them.  Everyone else will see them clothed.  That's why you'd only know if someone derendered your clothing if they told you they did.  Usually for drama purposes.

Thank you for clarifying that!

21 minutes ago, spookyboo22 said:

If your land is Moderate, then technically, no one under 18 will be on it.  Anyone under 18 is restricted to General regions.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, spookyboo22 said:

Unfortunately, I do have a couple of trolls who are also creepers who would probably take screenshots to troll if the idea ever came across to them. This might not be a good idea after all.

Trolls will troll and creepers will creep. Do what you're going to do anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 713 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.