New Avi, rate and suggestions welcome!

kawaiicutiekitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!

I just recently got back into second life. I quit and deleted my first account couple years for first life reasons. So I have some knowledge of second life. Lucky, I had a couple of friends who are still around who helped me along the way. Made a couple of nice new friends too who suggested many great things.

I do love cute things. Any suggestion of places to get cute and sexy things are welcome!

For fun, let me all know what you think of my avi!

I had none of the advance lighting settings when taking the pictures.

Also, looking for a good photographer!

57f9d2db8a9e74b051243591244152ce.jpg7ba2488931ba527e0b9b438f5f6365f9.jpg

• Like 5

You may want to try adding more torso muscle, to see if it helps with the rounding or what they call noodle effect, where the shoulders meet the arms.

That adds a little more thickness to the upper joints, arms and shoulders.

Looks great so far though. :)

• Like 3

Cute avatar. It's a lot like the one my daughter has; she's very in to the pastel anime thing. Her house in SL is a sea of lavender, pink and white. I don't think your head is that much too small but if you are aiming for an anime look, you might want to crank it up to 100 because anime characters in general have bigger heads - that's part of what makes them look cute.  In fact, if your avatar is 6ft tall or more, you almost certainly will need to crank it up to 100 just to be in normal proportions. It's hard to tell what your proportions are like without seeing a full body shot down to your feet.  If you're shorter, I'd leave it alone.

Your shoulders look too narrow but again that's a normal anime thing, and if your body is Maitreya.... well don't make them any wider, they look awful if you do.

Your photo is over exposed though. I can't even see where your top ends and your skin begins, in some places. I think you're wearing a face-light that is much too bright.  If you're not wearing a face light, then your photos would look better if you reduce the Sun/Moon light in environment settings.  Lowering Sun/Moon and raising Ambient gives sufficient lighting without causing ugly shadows; do that and you won't need a face light at all.

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You may want to try adding more torso muscle, to see if it helps with the rounding or what they call noodle effect, where the shoulders meet the arms.

That adds a little more thickness to the upper joints, arms and shoulders.

Looks great so far though. :)

There's a deformer available which helps with the Maitreya shoulders. It narrows and lowers them, which sounds counter-intuitive, but with the deformer you can widen them again with the sliders and they don't look so much like extruded plasticine. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Shoulder-Morphs-Deformers/18883635

And wow, they've dropped the price of all their deformers to L$10, I think I paid about L$200 for this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you for all the advice and feed back.

I tried making my head bigger but like it messes up with my hair big time, and I'm already wearing the largest version of the hair.

I'll check out the deformers, I just have soooo many attachments and already use like 3 deformers. 

My body I use is Kupra.

Here is a new picture of a new outfit. A friend took it with their high settings and all. They will work on photoshopping it when they are free.6TyExs

• Like 3

You don't have to make your head bigger, especially if doing so messes with your hair.  Personally I like a more realistic head to body ratio, but anime tends to go for bigger heads. 

I think you look fine, but of course you are the only person you really need to please with your avatar appearance.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, kawaiicutiekitten said:

I'll check out the deformers, I just have soooo many attachments and already use like 3 deformers.

Some brands of deformers come modifiable, both my alts wear 4-5 deformers each, that I've linked into a single attachment for them. Same with rigged, modifiable facial piercings. Not that I ever get close to the attachment limit, but I like a minimalistic avatar 'core'. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 730 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.