NUX Avatar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't love Jamie's head at. all. Or the included skins. That's okay, though - these avies aren't designed for me anyway.

I will say the clothes are kind of cute and it's good they included a variety of styles and colors, so that should help tide newbies over until more content is made. And I agree with Gabriele - unless someone comes out with a foot mod, shoe support could be a tricky one.

I haven't tried shaping the body yet and I haven't tried on Blake yet either.

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Does anyone else think it strange that these were just plopped into the Library without any kind of blog entry/press release announcement at the same time?  Why wouldn't they?  It seems the simplest thing to wait until both blog post and deliverables are ready to be deployed before doing either.

Very much so. I also expected some sort of notecard or in-world message as an announcement they were in. I never open my Library ever, so if this thread hadn't been updated, I'd never know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I think the lack of proper support for high heels is going to be a big problem for the Jamie body.

This is a point that hadn't occurred to me. You're right.

Maybe some enterprising soul will produce add-on feet, a la Slink.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is a point that hadn't occurred to me. You're right.

Maybe some enterprising soul will produce add-on feet, a la Slink.

When every other body available has at least high heel support why would anyone bother though?  They would also have to provide the kit for rigging the shoes and make that available to others to make shoes and then get shoe creators to adopt them or become just a single vendor providing both feet and shoes.

It could be done but...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Does anyone else think it strange that these were just plopped into the Library without any kind of blog entry/press release announcement at the same time?  Why wouldn't they?  It seems the simplest thing to wait until both blog post and deliverables are ready to be deployed before doing either.

Sounds like mistakes were made?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

New users are almost certainly going to have all the folders already copied into their inventories. That's how new avatars are generally set up and have been for many years.

The library avatars are in the main inventory?  AFAIK, it only gets moved to the main library once worn.  The new avatar is different than one of the older avatars.  Multiple folders with multiple option so you can't just wear the entire.folder like before.to switch out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What clothes fit these bodies?  What would a mentor advise if there was no Demo?

You might be able to use older s,m,l type mesh clothing if they provide alpha layers as the always used to?   So basically, older template clothes.  I know Gizza still sells some standard sizes on the MP...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/GIZ-SEORN-Vixie-Skater-Skirt-Cream-Lemon/11215238

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The library avatars are in the main inventory?  AFAIK, it only gets moved to the main library once worn.  The new avatar is different than one of the older avatars.  Multiple folders with multiple option so you can't just wear the entire.folder like before.to switch out.

At various times, some of my extended alt family had all of the starter avatars pre-copied into their main inventories. And "wearing a folder" as an idea is sort of like my dad calling the refrigerator "the icebox."

Just an FYI for anyone playing around with the bodies who favors a tidy inventory - 

I found a bunch of the stuff I had on sitting in my Objects folder (head, body, clothes, hair, etc.), so remember to check there and clean that out when you're done messing with the Senras. 

That likely happened since I wore it directly from the Library. Whoops.

Edit: Also check the Body Parts and Clothing folders. Oof.

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Added stuffs
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Theresa Tennyson said:

At various times, some of my extended alt family had all of the starter avatars pre-copied into their main inventories. And "wearing a folder" as an idea is sort of like my dad calling the refrigerator "the icebox."

Replace is what I meant.  I've never once had any avatar arrive with library folders in the main inventory.  You can see new folks switching avatars all time.  It's how.I've checked.out various library avatars for Halloween.  Right click, replace current outfit.or whatever it says.  Poof, done.  Can't do.that with the new.one which is why I think it should be up.with system.folders.

24 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I'd guess the process of adding to everyones inventory is slow, possibly done in batches, possibly over many hours or days.

They maybe want something ready and waiting in every inventory for the big announcement. The alternative is announce now when it looks like not everyone has it yet (seeing reports of empty folders for example)?

Don't really know, about to log in and see if I have it

• Thanks 1

Another place that new people can change their avatar from is the menu: Choose an Avatar

That's probably the easiest one for people to be taught to change their avatar ... up until now.

The new avatars aren't in there and for good reason I suspect.  What selection would you get?  This is the first time that starter avatars are customisable by design.  They could put together some pre-made ones but that isn't going to help anyone know what else they can do with it because it will not be obvious where that stuff is in their inventory as it is copied on wear.

2 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I'd guess the process of adding to everyones inventory is slow, possibly done in batches, possibly over many hours or days.

They maybe want something ready and waiting in every inventory for the big announcement. The alternative is announce now when it looks like not everyone has it yet (seeing reports of empty folders for example)?

Don't really know, about to log in and see if I have it

The Library isn't part of your inventory.  It's a shared folder that's available to everyone simultaneously and so would take no time to propagate as you suggest.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Strangely, all the body folders are empty for my alt that I was going to try it out with. Relogged, still nothing. Oh well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Strangely, all the body folders are empty for my alt that I was going to try it out with. Relogged, still nothing. Oh well!

It's got its own folder in the Library. Like so:

image.png.104d2890eb06ca09ac9b89fbb0261f53.png

Edit: Unless you mean the Senra folder itself is empty?

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails

5 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The Library isn't part of your inventory.  It's a shared folder that's available to everyone simultaneously and so would take no time to propagate as you suggest.

Oh I see! well I guess they're just a little ahead of the PR dept in that case :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 330 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.