Downgrade to basic account

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Go to your dashboard and click 'Account'.

Click 'Premium Membership'. This will place you on an information page showing the difference between Premium and Premium +.

Just below the Premium section that states '$99.00 per year' (Your Current Plan), is the link to downgrade (Choose Basic Plan).

Edited by Schatzi Timmerman
  • Like 1

Log on to Dashboard, then follow the pictures:

image.png.9272577d29c13788c5f7dd2c6d455898.png

image.png.bdecf95beef61a60db2232c2e6aa3d9a.png

image.png.c06481ad56e6ed2de5df605ca7c34a00.png

image.png.7d6179a0f931dd2270be9ceecee7bcb4.png

IF you still own a Linden Home or Mainland or are donating Tier to a Group when you click "Continue to checkout", it will throw you back to the first Premium page with the below message at the top of the screen -- Otherwise, I assume you'll get the Checkout/Confirmation page and be able to complete the downgrade.

image.png.3478dc71944b3cf1924a8acc783dcd22.png

• Like 4

Just now, cindy20au Harvy said:

i'm am a premium member since the new update i don't have a option to downgrade if i want to as you can see below my alt has the option but not this account4ddddd9e30c622326512ae86ecb93f7e.pngve

If you have mainland or a Linden home, you have to release those before the downgrade is possible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cindy20au Harvy said:

yes i understand however my other alt has the option to downgrade even i haven't release the lindons home with that account. this account has a 3 monthly plan    plus they remove for me to down grade if i want to. i should have a option 

Does your alt have the Linden home or does THIS account?    

34 minutes ago, cindy20au Harvy said:

i'm am a premium member since the new update i don't have a option to downgrade if i want to as you can see below my alt has the option but not this account4ddddd9e30c622326512ae86ecb93f7e.pngve

WHEN, exactly, did you become Premium?

Scratch all of that.  Per the above, you do NOT have a Premium account.  You are being offered all of the options.  None of the offers are "Switch to xx plan" --- as shown in my screen shots farther up.  They are all options to choose a Premium plan.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Well, it's kind of a moot point since you can't downgrade either without releasing your Linden homes.  Your alt may have the option visible to do so but can she actually downgrade?  I checked my page and I have the option to downgrade to basic.  I own mainland so I didn't click through to the checkout page just in case.  If you want to downgrade, release your home and then if you still don't have the option shown, file a support ticket.

Jewell I be a premium member for 9 years yes I still a premium member I bet if someone here on a 3 monthly plan will see the same as me no option to down grade I have spoken to support there is a error on a 3 monthly plan account however they still haven’t fix it maybe I will wait till Monday thanks for your help 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, cindy20au Harvy said:

Jewell I be a premium member for 9 years yes I still a premium member I bet if someone here on a 3 monthly plan will see the same as me no option to down grade I have spoken to support there is a error on a 3 monthly plan account however they still haven’t fix it maybe I will wait till Monday thanks for your help 

Ahhh, now I understand.   The Quarterly was eliminated back in 2019 and only the people that were already on that plan were allowed to keep it.  I imagine that since it is no longer a valid plan, that page is not recognizing your current plan -- and thus not giving you a downgrade option, but instead giving you all of the "new member" options.  So, if LL does not already have a bug opened on that problem, you should open a JIRA.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/25/2022 at 10:33 AM, cindy20au Harvy said:

Same with me. I am on a quarterly plan and I can't see an option to downgrade to basic membership. Hopefully SL would fix that soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diamond Marchant said:

I checked an alt who has premium (and a lovely Linden Home). My screen looks the same as Alwin's... it allows me to Choose Basic Plan.

Yes, mine, too.  The issue is with people on the Quarterly payment schedule.  They don't seem to have the downgrade option.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i wonder what happens with quarterlies when they expire..

They don't expire unless you upgrade to yearly or downgrade to monthly. However they never forget to rebill you for your quarterly subscription, and if you don't have the funds to pay for it in your account, they block your account for non-payment.  Sounds fair huh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i wonder what happens with quarterlies when they expire..

From other postings, they continue to renew every quarter and LL keeps taking the money.

51 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

They don't expire unless you upgrade to yearly or downgrade to monthly. However they never forget to rebill you for your quarterly subscription, and if you don't have the funds to pay for it in your account, they block your account for non-payment.  Sounds fair huh?

They actually do that for any all Premium billing plans, whether monthly, quarterly or yearly.  They do wait at least 2-4 weeks from the original billing date and send emails telling you to fix your payment method.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.