AK is at it again!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I just got the redelivery of the head - now the ears are fixed, and makeup is in the correct place.  I picked this up for an alt.  It is decently mature with the right hair and makeup.  I might keep it.  This alt only has one EvoX skin though.  It is a standard pretty look, but I'll customize it more over time.

image.thumb.jpeg.da1d7719cee06606b88476a7190dc57c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.12da83bbc965a1dfc008cfc4faa763a3.jpeg

It looks great!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked this up and it's a lovely head but I was ultimately disappointed that there's no switch to change it back to normal SLUV map, like Lelutka does with theirs. Becuse I made my own skin on the SLUV map, and I don't have access to the EVO-X template so I can't convert it. I did try it with a gift skin from 7DS, and I was much impressed, its a huge step up from the awful things they gave away a couple of years ago. But I can't use it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I picked this up and it's a lovely head but I was ultimately disappointed that there's no switch to change it back to normal SLUV map, like Lelutka does with theirs. Becuse I made my own skin on the SLUV map, and I don't have access to the EVO-X template so I can't convert it. I did try it with a gift skin from 7DS, and I was much impressed, its a huge step up from the awful things they gave away a couple of years ago. But I can't use it.

This is my biggest gripe with their baby heads. They won't even consider backwards compatibility for the available child skins on the grid.  Lelutka doesn't make children heads so nobody would make EvoX skins for kids.  Sure one could use adult evox skins on their baby heads, but .... no, ...just no.  It's a shame that Greg can't use it, but I brought it anyway for another alt since it looks better on her and the included evox baby skins being their saving grace.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 1

I like it. Thank u AK! It's a little too sculpted for my aesthetic tho (cheeks/jaw) but if I wear hair that covers that part, it's lovely. And if I don't view it from the side (lol) I'm ok with the nose (it's why I've never really worn their other free heads, the bump in the middle of the nose is too witchy for me). First pic is Lelutka Gaia, 2nd is the new AK head. I think I got a close approximation of sameness. Oh and I couldn't figure out HOW to have one eye color be different from the other. I get the Omega prompt for left/right/both, but it just changes both no matter if I choose right or left. I also used their HUD to choose only left or right, still a no go. Oh and sad, no elf ears :(!

Lelutka Gaia.png

Akeruka AndroF.png

• Like 7

On 6/24/2022 at 7:21 PM, Maitimo said:

I agree with you there.. not sure the point .. I have since put it back into inventory because the skins I make are not using the x maps and I decided it’s not as great as it seems. And the fact they do not even provide a working skin….

These are great heads for free-ish (150 group join fee) but this is the same head essentially, one is marketed female and the other male, but they are the same as far as I can tell. The head is far too angular and the adjustments are not quite as good with the sliders as other brands. But again, great for free-ish.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Modulated said:

These are great heads for free-ish (150 group join fee) but this is the same head essentially, one is marketed female and the other male, but they are the same as far as I can tell. The head is far too angular and the adjustments are not quite as good with the sliders as other brands. But again, great for free-ish.

Well greenish is good for avatars on a budget! 

but I do believe you might be right about the heads both being the same!!

22 hours ago, Modulated said:

The neck fits are different. The male head fits male bodies and the female one fits female bodies. The neck sizes are not cross-compatible.  Catwa did something similar a couple of years ago with Freya, but in their case they incorporated both neck fits on one head, with a switch on the hud to swap from one to the other.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2022 at 1:11 PM, Blaise Glendevon said:

There are freebie EvoX skins at several events until the 30th (Access, SL19B) and Saturday Sale, Happy Weekends, FLF have strongly discounted skins every week, though. Picking up an EvoX skin is the easiest part of the process.

Oh please tell me more!  I'm trying to fix up my original av who still wears a system head.  I got her the group gift from 7 deadly but it hasn't got the ear piece.  So she has gray ears and I'm not thrilled with the lips.

image.png.c05e53d3f59f5fa78504731c29761f93.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kali Wylder said:

Oh please tell me more!  I'm trying to fix up my original av who still wears a system head.  I got her the group gift from 7 deadly but it hasn't got the ear piece.  So she has gray ears and I'm not thrilled with the lips.

The EvoX ears for 7 deadly skins are available for free in the store if they're not in the package. When in the mainstore, look for a skin called Kyong. It's on the wall behind the mini-mania boards. There are 3 panels for Kyong. In front of the middle panel, there's a black box on a shelf called Lelutka ears. If you look at the content, it says it's elf ears but they're rigged the same as human ears so you can use them with human and elf ears.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

Even if you don't belong to the group, 7 Deadly skins has a rotating $L 1 skin that's usually for EvoX. It's in the same room as the mini mania boards, but on the opposite side of the doorway.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/18/2022 at 8:57 AM, Emma Krokus said:

i dont have an AK head so this may not be the case for your ear

a couple of ideas:

maybe the ear texture is separate to the body skin texture - e.g. if the ears are an add on

so, is it possible to drag the skin texture directly onto the ear?

or, is there a HUD for the ears that you can add the skin texture to?

Sorry if these are no help at all...

Good luck!

If it works like an EvoX there is a separate texture or BoM layer for the ears, which is nice since I use Swallow Gauged ears, it lets me just *not* use the EvoX ear BoM and put on the one for Swallow instead so there are no weird errors from overlap.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 1:05 PM, kali Wylder said:

Alaskametro has skins and cosmetics including BOM for the EvoX in a hunt (until the end of the month) at the Free Dove and in her mainstore. SL19B Shop & Hop has several skins as free gifts. The weekend sales always have skins for $L75 or less. Access, the shopping event, has free gifts for their anniversary out and includes a skin from the Lelutka developers' new skin brand LeLapeu and one from Ives. Free and cheap skins are everywhere. Get on SeraphimSL.com and peruse Flickr tags.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

I like this head and wanted to post again about it. I decided to make a shape from scratch and this is still a work in progress, but here is what I have atm:

lZ1UQuR.png

Very nice! Maybe try adjusting the ratio between your top and bottom lip a little, and the height of your lips on the face? (Only if you want constructive suggestions! If not, don't mind me!)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.