Is there a head either Lelutka or CATWA HDPro that would be a good replacement for the Catya.

1kristenswan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just seen a nice Evo x skin on the saturday sale that, if you haven't tried it maybe see if it works.. It's a really pretty skin.. It's too light for my tones I like, but there may be  one for you.. the fatpack is only 60Ls too if you do end up liking it..

also if you are having problems with the nose, like if it is with the tip or something.. Izzie's has the button nose which is really nice.. some skins I really like , but the nose won't look right around the nostrils and the tip and that fixes them up most of the time right away. 

Here is that skin I was talking about, it's from pumec and it's really adorable I think. :)

If you need help finding stuff girl, that's what we are here for! \o/  hehehehe

ETA: I'll tell you what.. If you have an idea of what you are looking for  and have a pic of the look you are going for, you can send me a screenshot inworld if you want and I'll put on my hunting clothes and see what I can find.. I love hunting  things out on the grid, as long as I know what I'm hunting for..  hehehehe

https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Rave/124/130/22

Pumec.jpg

I picked up that skin from Pumec today and the other one they had on sale, too.  Lueur had a really nice one, too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Madeline Mysterious said:

I deeply miss Catya so, so much, but I wanted to use new makeups and hair that wasn’t fitting right on that old head so I switched to lelutka evox (though I’m using the evo part only) and I’ve never enjoyed SL really since. The top pic of that head is close to how I used to look and still want to while staying current but it’s next to impossible to find those cleaner skins with those nice eyebrows that aren’t a bushy mess on the right head, believe me I’ve tried, tooo much. I gave a folder dedicated to 8 evo x heads that consists of 168,000 elements of me trying new skins or shapes with and I just can’t achieve it enough to end the struggle. I see people sugggest Avalon but the eyes are limited to what I did with catya and the way the nose sits against the forehead is not correct. Plus finding a detailed skin with the right brows together has never been something I can do.  There’s several boxes that need to be checked off. I wish I could do it so I could enjoy SL again. I’m at the point I’m making armor to hide everything because I have nothing that resembles me right really.

Have you looked at the Akeruka heads?  I believe the newer one use the same mapping as EvoX.  

KaoZ Koba

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I picked up that skin from Pumec today and the other one they had on sale, too.  Lueur had a really nice one, too.

There was another one that was up high above the eyes.. I grabbed the eyes and the Tonya skin and gonna see if i can mess with the tone some to darken it up a little more..  For some reason the brows on the other two made me look a little, evil.. So I didn't get those. hehehe

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

There was another one that was up high above the eyes.. I grabbed the eyes and the Tonya skin and gonna see if i can mess with the tone some to darken it up a little more..  For some reason the brows on the other two made me look a little, evil.. So I didn't get those. hehehe

Yeah, the other one does make me look even witchier than I usually do.  I might use it for a Halloween costume look not an every day look.  

• Like 2

I would go with Lelutka hands down as they are basically the replacement for Genus Heads even if they predate them by over a decade. I love the hud features. I would never buy a Catwa Head again (not telling why to avoid a hissy fit with 'The Mouth of MeshHeads' on the forum ) but you could try looking into LAQ? she has nice heads too.

Edited by NevaehHeartstrings
Edited by Mod
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NevaehHeartstrings said:

I would go with Lelutka hands down as they are basically the replacement for Genus Heads even if they predate them by over a decade. I love the hud features. I would never buy a Catwa Head again (not telling why to avoid a hissy fit with 'The Mouth of MeshHeads' on the forum ) but you could try looking into LAQ? she has nice heads too.

LAQ hasn't released a new head since 2019, and is still using a HUD-based BOM system. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, colleen Criss said:

Bought it today but not had time to play with it.

I was gonna get it , but already have two that are sitting in my inventory and just know it's gonna sit with the others I hardly use.. Because  I just always end up going right back to my Lilly head like a day or two later..  hehehehe

It's a nice deal for sure and they are  the best heads I think..

If I didn't have my lilly I would have been all over that head,especially at that price. :D

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I was gonna get it , but already have two that are sitting in my inventory and just know it's gonna sit with the others I hardly use.. Because  I just always end up going right back to my Lilly head like a day or two later..  hehehehe

It's a nice deal for sure and they are  the best heads I think..

If I didn't have my lilly I would have been all over that head,especially at that price. :D

Also a huge fan of Lilly !! Recently I've been wearing AKERUKA heads as well.

• Like 3

Recently I went back to Lily for a while, and was far less impressed with it now than I was when I first got it. Dunno why. It could be that whatever head I was using before, my custom shape for that head didn't translate well on Lily.  I started fiddling with the shape and never got fully happy with the face. Now, I have older Lily shapes I could have used, but then I found out about Milan. Wasn't planning to purchase another Lelutka head, but the 50% off convinced me.  I think Milan is a good balance - not too angular, not too soft, maybe a little more mature in appearance than Lily.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 8:30 AM, Marianne Little said:

All these heads are updated to EvoX, but they can still be used as Evo by clicking a tab on the "Skin" page, just under the image. (NB you can not mix Evo and EvoX products on layers. Appliers for HD materials on eyemakeup and lips can be mixed. So if you have the head set to Evo, you can not buy any BoM products for EvoX, and vice versa.)

3.1 UPDATE FINAL!!!

On 6/10/2022 at 5:16 AM, Anicha Heartsong said:

Try Lelutka Avalon. I think it's the best head out there - mainly because you can get the mouth to look right.

It would be useful to see what you see like now, wearing Catya.

I think avalon is the worst one in most ways. Lilly or Fluer looks close to catya in more ways as someone who owns every female head from both stores. Avalon is awful. weird deep features, unnatural nose, and too sculpted nostrils,  nothing petite or delicate about it like Catya had.  You can make the nose smaller and more pointy with a very slight curve on Lilly. Fleur is if you went the other way with the nose.  Here's hoping they release a newer head with a straight but not deep nose and delicate features this year in the winter and not forced upturned noses or eyes so deep you can go bowling with the head.  

• Confused 4

4 hours ago, Night Rainfall said:

I think avalon is the worst one in most ways. Lilly or Fluer looks close to catya in more ways as someone who owns every female head from both stores. Avalon is awful. weird deep features, unnatural nose, and too sculpted nostrils,  nothing petite or delicate about it like Catya had.  You can make the nose smaller and more pointy with a very slight curve on Lilly. Fleur is if you went the other way with the nose.  Here's hoping they release a newer head with a straight but not deep nose and delicate features this year in the winter and not forced upturned noses or eyes so deep you can go bowling with the head.  

You can adjust most of those issues by adjusting the shape. None of my avatars have upturned noses, because I make the nostril division higher and turn the nose tip downward.

• Like 6

I wore Catya from when she came on the market until recently.  I made the switch to Avalon.  Not that I don't love Catya, I do, but wanting to update my look was next to impossible, so I went with the EVOx.  I think the update turned out rather well.  Which reminds me, I need to update to current look on all social media.

Evolution of Cougar 1c.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2022 at 8:11 AM, 1kristenswan said:

I am starting to look at whether I change from the Catya (Catwa) head to either a Lelutka or HDPro but looking at Demos so far I am struggling to see which would be similar or as close as possible.  I really do not want a brand new face I want to match as close to what I have now.  Is anyone able to advise if they have made the change.

The reason I like the Catya is that I was really able to make a lot of mods to the structure to get it very precise and I do not adjust my face much ever but some of the others dont seem so easy. 

THanks for your help

I changed from Catwa Catya after years and finally broke down for Lelutka Fleur now look similar if not better than I did before. I find Lelutka Avalon is the most popular right now so please yes demo lots to find “You”

• Like 1

On 10/16/2022 at 12:24 AM, Rowan Amore said:

Have you looked at the Akeruka heads?  I believe the newer one use the same mapping as EvoX.  

KaoZ Koba

Heads using the EVO X mapping are: Akeruka AKDVX Line, LOGO (Chase,Chelsea,Willow,Bella,Paris,Veronica,Harlow,MABEL-6 Cybernetic), GA.EG (those marked as #BomGenX) and of course LeLUTKA. LAQ, when the ERA 2 is finally launched should also have EVO X.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dorientje Woller said:

Heads using the EVO X mapping are: Akeruka AKDVX Line, LOGO (Chase,Chelsea,Willow,Bella,Paris,Veronica,Harlow,MABEL-6 Cybernetic), GA.EG (those marked as #BomGenX) and of course LeLUTKA. LAQ, when the ERA 2 is finally launched should also have EVO X.

Yep.  A lot more than a year ago when I posted that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 12:40 AM, Tessy Taffler said:

I went from the Catya to the HD Pro at first about a year ago and was happy except for one issue, the chin is still too far from the neck unless you bring your face so far in it looks pushed in, with the head length setting, I just couldn't get past this. This was also a concern of mine with the old Catya head. I jumped on the Lelutka EVO X bandwagon and am much happier all around. Not to knock Catwa heads, I used them for a long time and the HD Pro was a nice upgrade from Catya, with the exception of the chin/neck distance issue.

i just got Lel SIWA EvoX head to replace my Catwa NOur that i have been using for over 4  years i think. and tbh the chin to neck thing is just the same to me. maybe i do it wrong? i dont know

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.