1 second Orb timing, is it necessary

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'm going to feel bad when you end up eating crow. Go research easements and right of ways. Every county in every state has easements that are outside corporal limits.

P.S. I didn't mean there is no easement - quite the opposite: people want to park on "my" part of the easement.

13 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Not sure how I leverage this - call the county sheriff and tell them people are parking on the easement in front of my house, blocking the sidewalk etc.? (People in my neighborhood block the sidewalk crossing their driveway all the time. But there's no driveway  in front of my house, so it's just a nuisance that people park there.)

Yes.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Drake1 Nightfire said:
14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Not sure how I leverage this - call the county sheriff and tell them people are parking on the easement in front of my house, blocking the sidewalk etc.? (People in my neighborhood block the sidewalk crossing their driveway all the time. But there's no driveway  in front of my house, so it's just a nuisance that people park there.)

Yes.

Ironically, the one time I got mad about it and asked someone to move their vehicle - their response was "this is the county easement" - as if that meant they can park on it if they want to!

21 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes, I understand what an introvert is and I would not classify myself as one.  I love the energy I get from having interactions with people.  That doesn't mean I don't have times when I want to be alone with my thoughts.  Most extroverts do or should find that balance.  Usually, the problem is finding people I actually LIKE having interactions with in SL.

Oh I wasn't trying to get you to change your mind as to whether you were an introvert or an extrovert.

By saying "Even in RL, I have no problem striking up a conversation with people" I thought you were defining an introvert as someone who would have trouble striking up a conversation with others as if they lacked some skill.

I only wanted to clarify this to say that many people, especially in Western society, believe extroverts are better and that an introvert is somehow damaged, when in reality introverts are very creative people. Some of the most creative people I've known in SL were introverts, and they log into SL to primarily create as opposed to having needs for socialization here. Others I've known were more in the middle on the extroversion-introversion continuum scale and did socialize to varying degrees.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Most people will stop after being issued a ticket for either one. 

The short answer is no, it's not legal in Florida to park in such a way that a sidewalk is blocked, however, literalists may want to argue the language in the state statute, which defines a sidewalk as "that portion of a street between the curbline, or the lateral line, of a roadway and the adjacent property lines, intended for use by pedestrians."

https://www.tampabay.com/news/transportation/roads/among-the-places-not-to-park-blocking-a-sidewalk/2226881/#:~:text=The short answer is no,and the adjacent property lines%2C

Statues covering blocking sidewalks: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.1945.html

Statues covering parking on easements: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0704/0704.html

When in doubt, call the Sheriff's office and ask. Desk sergeants are supposed to know procedure.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of easements, the city just cut down two beautiful elm trees on my easement, and I'm pissed.

All the trees around here have what is known as 'elm disease' and that's probably why, but still, they were beautiful.

And they left two huge stumps!

1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I lock my doors when I leave my RL apartment because I'm worried that burglars might enter it while I'm out, trash the place, and make off with my possessions.

Similar concerns don't apply in SL, of course, which is why I don't bother with security orbs when I'm offline. 

In fact,  I bother to turn them on only when I'm in one of my houses/skyboxes if I really don't want to be disturbed, since I find the parcel tools available to me -- eject and ban -- perfectly adequate if a polite request to leave doesn't do the trick (another difference from First Life).

For my wife and myself,  having one room protected by security is about our relationship.  Very little about us is private. That one room IS uniquely private. Something she and I share together that no one else has any access or rights to.

• Thanks 1

In the early days of SL (climbing up to 20 years ago!) I had a big nature park under my massive store, consisting of 8 regions (even more when I added on some rental sims to the conglomeration).
Bliss Gardens was very unique in its day, and it became a place for well-known creators and popular residents to find private space where they weren't bothered by the demands of those in SL who wanted constant access to them. They came as alts, and rented cave homes and treehouses in the nature park, and only I and perhaps a few other escapees also renting knew who they 'really were'.

This little story is just to say, that those who come to SL mainly to create can have a difficult time finding the space to do so or have even a modicum of privacy, and so I champion their needs in SL too. Personally, when I'm in creation mode I'd love to be able to not show up as being online at all, thereby minimizing interruptions, which can ruin the direction of a creation so much that it takes hours to get back to that 'place'.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Is that a MOUSE CAR?! Ahhhhhhh that's so cute.

It is!  That and the ATV I was driving yesterday are the only vehicles I've been moderately successful in driving.  Both are from the same store.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It is!  That and the ATV I was driving yesterday are the only vehicles I've been moderately successful in driving.  Both are from the same store.

I would rather ride my horse, I am a terrible SL driver. Lol. Actually scratch that, I am terrible at driving using keyboards. Lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

This little story is just to say, that those who come to SL mainly to create can have a difficult time finding the space to do so or have even a modicum of privacy, and so I champion their needs in SL too. Personally, when I'm in creation mode I'd love to be able to not show up as being online at all, thereby minimizing interruptions, which can ruin the direction of a creation so much that it takes hours to get back to that 'place'.

This is so me. Once I log in, I'm immediately in a build/design/create mindset. I very, very rarely build out in public unless I have to rez something beyond my current prim limit (usually a furnished house I want to take apart), in which case I head over to Builder's Brewery long enough to dismantle the house, grab all the furniture and bits I need out of it, and head back home to organize everything in the inventory. And forget photography in public. Not happening! I spend hours setting up my more involved shots anyway.

My home is my creative studio space, so yeah, I rarely welcome people into it unless they're very close friends who don't mind me being zoomed in on something for the entire time they're chilling out there. Even having buddies there is kind of distracting at times, but I don't want to be a TOTAL brat.

I can't imagine trying to create in peace on ground-level Mainland, though. It would never even occur to me to try that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I would rather ride my horse, I am a terrible SL driver. Lol. Actually scratch that, I am terrible at driving using keyboards. Lol 

I've been wanting a motorcycle for the longest time. I can't remember the store I was at (was ages ago), but they had so many amazing models with tons and tons of features and a giant race track to test them out on. They felt SO GOOD to ride! But I knew trying to cross sim boundaries in one of those would annoy the stuffins out of me, so I gave up the idea and didn't buy anything, LOL.

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
24 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Is that a MOUSE CAR?! Ahhhhhhh that's so cute.

You should only have to pay Mouse-car-tier!

DA232B1C-6F48-4D54-9532-E6966162417F.jpeg.f1d1001cee817168529bd1b74ca9525d.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
25 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This is so me. Once I log in, I'm immediately in a build/design/create mindset.

There are other people in Second Life? Thank goodness they don't bother me, since I'm always in a scripting mindset!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I've been wanting a motorcycle for the longest time. I can't remember the store I was at (was ages ago), but they had so many amazing models with tons and tons of features and a giant race track to test them out on. They felt SO GOOD to ride! But I knew trying to cross sim boundaries in one of those would annoy the stuffins out of me, so I gave up the idea and didn't buy anything, LOL.

Was the place called Sau 

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

There are other people in Second Life? Thank goodness they don't bother me, since I'm always in a scripting mindset!

For me to log in and actually stay online longer than it takes to pay rent, I need to be inspired in the first place. Usually it's "oh, I should make that new avatar I've been thinking about" or "I should take a photo of..." or "I want to build some new antlers..." 

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Was the place called Sau 

I'm not sure, actually! I'm familiar with that one, but I can't remember if that's the place I was at. I only remember a giant outdoor showroom and a big big big race track with lots of curves and turns that went up into the sky? 

Am I making this up? LOL. I'll have to dig through some landmarks.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.