I do not like to be treated as a lower class shopper when I shop things for sale

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Jules Catlyn said:

I do not see where you were deemed a lower class shopper and a creator can sell things with any perms they choose. it is your choice whether to buy from them or not.

Yep, in whatever form we have this same conversation, this is always the conclusion: if there is no demo to inspect, or you don’t like the demo, just don’t buy it.

It’s not like there aren’t plenty of alternatives of pretty much everything to choose from.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I can somewhat see the seller's POV on only allowing modify on the higher priced bundles. 

In any case, I don't see anything about that conversation that implied folks buying sale items are 'lower class shoppers'.

I think it´s because the full price items are MOD, and the sale items are NO MOD, so the logic follows, NO MOD -> Lower quality -> Lower class shopper.

From my point of view everyone is wrong, the merchant should have stated clearly that it´s not a sale, it´s a different line of products, cheaper and NO MOD. A sale is something different, it´s the same objects, but at a reduced price, for whatever reason.  And the buyer is in the wrong for thinking that selling NO MOD is somehow disrespectful to the buyer.  And everyone else in the thread is also wrong, for having this same conversation for the millionth time. Im in the wrong too for participating in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

It’s not like there aren’t plenty of alternatives of pretty much everything to choose from.

^^ This -- especially since that seller admitted that he was simply putting together various full-perm objects that he had purchased.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

^^ This -- especially since that seller admitted that he was simply putting together various full-perm objects that he had purchased.

You were able to glean a lot of meaning, I had trouble comprehending their messages. I guess it's just me.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You were able to glean a lot of meaning, I had trouble comprehending their messages. I guess it's just me.

The writing was a bit difficult to read.  My comment came from this statement from the seller:  "many designers of full perm items that i use"

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

The writing was a bit difficult to read.  My comment came from this statement from the seller:  "many designers of full perm items that i use"

Hmm. From another point of view, all he should have needed to say is something like: "I buy full perm to use in my products, and I am not allowed to sell them XXXX way." Or some such. Because rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Plus you can't decrease land impact of something when that happens..

Heck, they could lay out displays of their designs and say, here are the pieces for this design.. I would think they would sell more doing it that way.

The store doesn't sell it as linked.  It's individual pieces.   The problem is you can't inspect each piece before you buy.  A table, a chair, a candle, a basket of fruit, etc.  All together in the display.  If I just want the basket, I can buy that but...I can't inspect it as a whole to see the numbers.  I can inspect the basket, the fruit, the decoration on the basket but not the entire basket.  Not going to stand there adding up all the elements linked to the basket.  To me, it's a blatant move to avoid people knowing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chris Corvinus said:

I never buy anything that isn't modify. As far as I'm concerned, there's never a good reason why something (that isn't clothes) shouldn't be mod. 

As a merchant and creator I know I can't please everyone.
So a few years ago I decided I only make what I like, the way I like it.
When I think it is good enough, I give it the permissions I can live with, take pictures, box it and put it on the marketplace for a price, that I think that is okay.
And that's it.
If someone likes one of my products and buys it, I'm pleased.  If not, that's fine too.
One simply can't win them all.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

most large ones, with stand alone delivery terminals, that i know, do have their redelivery active in their stand alone system, or central on their shops, those didn't?

one gave instruction to send notecard no redelivery, but some where on mp even in store/world purchaed like 2 years ago only started using mp about year. and the other had internal redelivery system but only showed 5 of the 100s of items i purchaed fatpacks i dont screw around when i shop, but yah messaged the owner no response, which is odd cause normally responded to vender conflictions, but sent notecards simple redelivery requests.

Its my fault when i break down i delete my inventory. ive done that 3 times so far and consider those lost objects not total loss ive leaned from the best and that was my initial objective. plus everything ive ever created and owned is backed up on the test grid.

thats why insuggested in another topic all sales in world be directed through the market place and if that ever happens it would as the inworld seller if thet would like to list on market place with these few simple sets vs current process.

Many of you are OBSESSED with this mod/copy stuff, and these discussions always bring out the same people saying the same thing, demanding the same thing and treating any creator that denies them their entitlement as 'lower-class' creators/sellers.

You never listen to the reason why these permissions may or may not exist, you never care about or consider the reasons why they may or may not exist.

It's always the same "I didn't read what was available, and complained and demanded that it be changed for me, because I am so special
" = entitlement.

Why so serious? This is a 'game' and virtual world. Buy or don't buy and stop making it such a big issue.

I just bought a cool looking object(s) on sale yesterday in my explorations, because they were done so well, wanted to learn and compare the details to my level of details, and sent a notecard to the creator saying so.. DIDN"T EVEN CARE OR CONSIDER if they were no mod/no copy - as I just don't care.

I BUY THE ITEM BECAUSE I LIKE WHAT IT DOES OR LOOKS LIKE - and I have no first thought of "Oh I need to mod or unlink this", so yeah the mindset of many here I'll never understand.

If it's cool and you like it, buy it. If you don't, then don't.. Who shops and says "Oh this pillowcase is in green, and I don't like the floral border, but I'm going to buy it anyway and take it home and paint over it"... wow

Obsessed.

Then we get back to the people who will post, who clearly want mod/copy so that they CAN use the grouped items to decorate their world - and the creator the OP talked with was right about this that it happens, and much to often, and people will come to the forums to complain and rationalize why they should be able to. Bla bla bla

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The store doesn't sell it as linked.  It's individual pieces.   The problem is you can't inspect each piece before you buy.  A table, a chair, a candle, a basket of fruit, etc.  All together in the display.  If I just want the basket, I can buy that but...I can't inspect it as a whole to see the numbers.  I can inspect the basket, the fruit, the decoration on the basket but not the entire basket.  Not going to stand there adding up all the elements linked to the basket.  To me, it's a blatant move to avoid people knowing.

You're not the average shopper. The average shopper will say "Wow cool bowl of fruit, and I don't need to or care to inspect the bowl included: pay or not pay"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

when you buy a copy of an item on display you can see exactly what you will be getting

i really dont love finding something I can't virtually live without and the demo and display are high lod and looks amazing from a far and purchase a fat pack and the mesh quality ois lower lod? really messed up. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Codex Alpha said:

You're not the average shopper. The average shopper will say "Wow cool bowl of fruit, and I don't need to or care to inspect the bowl included: pay or not pay"

There is always the LI limit that comes closer and closer with every added item on display, no matter how big one lives.
So I find it very normal that people want to know how many LI are involved with goods that are used as decoration.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

There is one popular creator that links ALL the items in a collection at events and even in store.  I refuse to buy from them as I can't inspect one item

when i first started sl I was literally inspecting everything during travels and for linked objects i was able to select linked item in the edit window but have to hurry seemed like that worked for a little bit then stopped. I was always checking if scripts were hiding in which object and did find them. strange dont work anymore.

23 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

There is always the LI limit that comes closer and closer with every added item on display, no matter how big one lives.
So I find it very normal that people want to know how many LI are involved with goods that are used as decoration.

Sure that's a different issue than what the OP wants them to be mod/copy for. So far I have no problem inspecting the LI of any item inworld (easy in Firefox).

I did however come across many stores as I was exploring where the items were: (both items under 2m size)

image.png.f92ba67a528257cb1bcc559f7b9ca202.png

The left item is to be expected and a normal piece.

The other was either 1) insane (the creator saying 'turn your LOD up to 4)  or 2) I was hoping these were just the display to save LOD.

Didn't buy the item on the right though, not going to take the chance - been there done that buying stuff that 'looked nice' but only because it had millions of tris and blinked out 10m away...

But still, can be seen.

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chris Corvinus said:

I never buy anything that isn't modify. As far as I'm concerned, there's never a good reason why something (that isn't clothes) shouldn't be mod. 

Everything needs to be copy/mod/no transfer.

1 hour ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Is that the law? :)

No. Common sense. If I bought something, why would I transfer it. If I want to give it as a gift, we have the capability to do that, but if we can't mod it it becomes useless to me. If I can't copy it I can't even try to mod because if I make a mistake it is useless to me.

The store owner doesn't want their designs destroyed? I don't understand the reasoning. If the owner simply gave out mod/no transfer versions to the few people who ask, a really trivial gesture, it would go a long way in building goodwill between them and their customers. Goodwill is actually worth having and building up in your business.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.