Elon Musk buys Twitter to bring back Free Speech

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 hours ago, Istelathis said:

a few of the "mainstream" media outlets will make a story of it.

And there it is:

eloncocacolajoketakenseriouslylol.thumb.jpg.174897009f314b903625fa3f41998018.jpg

It's so predictable, it's not even funny anymore. - Why is it so difficult to see a joke these days when it clearly smacks you in the face? And the worst part is way too many people fall for this. Pathetic...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

It's so predictable, it's not even funny anymore. - Why is it so difficult to see a joke these days when it clearly smacks you in the face? And the worst part is way too many people fall for this. Pathetic...

What would "falling for it" involve? Jumping to conclusions without bothering to check?

Coca cola is so nasty as it is already.. That and Sundrop just turn my stomachache when I see people drinking those on a hot summer day..Any of those liquid sugar salt drinks.. Giving them to their kids just makes me mad..

Some people drink those like some people drink beer..

I let my youngest get a sip one time and he spit it right out, then wiped is tongue like a cat licking it's leg.. hehehe

Momma why you give me dat? I need juice momma!

My other two won't touch that crap either..  They been momma proofed..:D

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CaithLynnSayes said:

Why would people fall for Elon buying big brands for the lulz ?....   who knows, maybe he is seen as that type of guy.

3 hours ago, StarlanderGoods said:

Why would people fall for Elon buying big brands for the lulz ?....   who knows, maybe he is seen as that type of guy.

The way news is nowadays, they probably have bots clinging to his every word..

Heck it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have bots nowadays that can even write the story for them, with how lazy news people have gotten.. Anything for good click bait to draw in anyone clinging to whatever trend they are following.. Hell with  it having any real value to it..Those days are over.. hehehehe

I can't think of the last time I seen something on the war trending.. It won't be long before two year olds have the larger attention span... hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I can't think of the last time I seen something on the war trending..

It trends every day. Individual trends/hashtags and it usually has a semi-permanent spot on that mess they call the "What's Happening" panel. It was there earlier but I kid you not - it looks like it was bumped in favor of all the NFL draft stuff.

Wait it's back - things seem to shift around when you tab out/back in.

Annnnd gone again. 😐

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

It trends every day. Individual trends/hashtags and it usually has a semi-permanent spot on that mess they call the "What's Happening" panel. It was there earlier but I kid you not - it looks like it was bumped in favor of all the NFL draft stuff.

Wait it's back - things seem to shift around when you tab out/back in.

Annnnd gone again. 😐

I'm not on twitter myself, but just from the things on youtube when it was first starting and then a few weeks after, it was.. There was always something on my home page there..

Now it's this Elon thing with twitter..Heck even will Smiths slap heard around the world pushed it back  for a little bit..

I don't really watch TV or news on there at all.. Life is crazy enough already.. hehehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not on twitter myself, but just from the things on youtube when it was first starting and then a few weeks after, it was.. There was always something on my home page there..

Now it's this Elon thing with twitter..Heck even will Smiths slap heard around the world pushed it back  for a little bit..

I don't really watch TV or news on there at all.. Life is crazy enough already.. hehehehe

Oh yeah, news is all over the place it seems. It gets pushed out by some random thing for a bit, then something big happens and it's back, and then something else happens and it's gone for a minute, etc. Right now, my Trending is 99% sports and I'm hating it.

I will say, being on Twitter a lot, it's kind of wild seeing it trend next to the most mundane news ever - like earlier, having war updates trending alongside Kim K's allegedly Photoshopped belly button. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Rilee Dallas said:

it must be so weird to have billions while millions still die of starvation in this world... if i had billions i would help others with it not buy social media web sites....i'd take a billion and save people starving

while that is a noble thought, the logistics of it would be pretty challenging.. long term food security poses problems for governments the world over, even those with ample resources.

also, you do realise that people who are worth billions don't actually have this money lying around in cash. For all we know Elon's purchase could bankrupt him and he has to sleep in his tesla.

2 hours ago, Rilee Dallas said:

it must be so weird to have billions while millions still die of starvation in this world... if i had billions i would help others with it not buy social media web sites....i'd take a billion and save people starving

Difficult to respond to without tripping over a hot button topic, but worth a shot perhaps:

There have been a number of posts on this vein on twitter in the last few days. All waxing rhapsodic on how the worlds richest man has just spent a lot of money on a social media platform.

(Let us note that now that that particular social media platform is changing hands ... political parties all over the planet are freaking out and rushing laws to attempt to control it ... the same people who until recently said, and I quote, "It's a private company, it can do what it likes.")

One that amused me greatly was a response to a Musk tweet.

1723140746_IdiotTweet.jpg.a4f3a69d6cee19ff264a2843110d60e2.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know (I didn't) ... Nina Turner is a Democrat politician who is standing for Congress in the US. For the purposes of full disclosure I should note that apparently she's not in good standing with the Democrats as she's running against another Democrat who has the party's backing. But as an Australian I readily admit I don't really have my finger on the pulse of the political mess that is Cleveland.

Anyway - back to the topic. Apparently Nina, and many people, fails unable to grasp that Elon Musk's money isn't all sitting in a huge bucket waiting for him to just dispense it however he sees fit. He has NOT accumulated 44 billion in disposable income.

But more important than that is the expectation that he should be spending his money on things which we are paying our GOVERNMENTS to address. So I found myself wishing (for the first time ever) that I was on twitter so I could respond to Nina:

Why are you tweeting at Elon about this when minimum wage isn't any part of his job?

Why not tweet Nanci Pelosi:

2012 Minimum wage: $7.25/hour
Nancy's Net Worth: 87 million

2021 Minimum wage: $7.25/hour
Nancy's Net Worth: 120 million

Or are you telling me that minimum wage is a matter of complete indifference to a politician who has been in office since 1987?

BTW ... I picked Nancy Pelosi because she and her party are currently in power and she's been in politics a looooong time without apparently solving any of the problems she was elected to solve.

But just so that nobody thinks I'm picking on the Democrats here's one for Mitch McConnell:

Mitch's Net Worth: 22 million

Mitch's Net Worth: 35 million

Apparently Mitch isn't as shrewd an investor as Nancy. Or perhaps he's just better at hiding his money? Mitch has been in office since 1985. And I have no doubt he hasn't solved any of the problems he was elected to solve.

So I'm completely unbiased here ... I've just put the (stiletto heeled) boot into both sides of the aisle.

Either way ... according to numerous sources Musk paid 11 billion dollars in tax in 2021.

So why not ask the US government why, with that windfall, THEY haven't addressed these issues with that money? It IS their job after all.

*edit* Typo

Edited by AnthonyJoanne
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, CaithLynnSayes said:
15 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

hungry.jpg

How not to understand the point☝️

(Can't say i'm surprised)

Regarding the Musk cartoon that you think reveals some sort of truth...

For sardonic humor to work (and sometimes sarcastic and ironic humor) it has to point to a truth -- generally someone or something is shown to be rather stupid or absurd and we are making fun of it in order to highlight the truth.
However, your Musk cartoon doesn't point to any truth. It demonstrates an understanding of economics at about a junior high level. So if you think that is funny it can only mean you're very unaware of how the economy operates.

Think of my cartoon in the other thread you had trouble comprehending -- it was making fun of, showing it was preposterous, for some people to think they have the right to own the uteruses of other people, and to make laws in order to achieve their control.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AnthonyJoanne said:

Difficult to respond to without tripping over a hot button topic, but worth a shot perhaps:

There have been a number of posts on this vein on twitter in the last few days. All waxing rhapsodic on how the worlds richest man has just spent a lot of money on a social media platform.

(Let us note that now that that particular social media platform is changing hands ... political parties all over the planet are freaking out and rushing laws to attempt to control it ... the same people who until recently said, and I quote, "It's a private company, it can do what it likes.")

One that amused me greatly was a response to a Musk tweet.

1723140746_IdiotTweet.jpg.a4f3a69d6cee19ff264a2843110d60e2.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know (I didn't) ... Nina Turner is a Democrat politician who is standing for Congress in the US. For the purposes of full disclosure I should note that apparently she's not in good standing with the Democrats as she's running against another Democrat who has the party's backing. But as an Australian I readily admit I don't really have my finger on the pulse of the political mess that is Cleveland.

Anyway - back to the topic. Apparently Nina, and many people, fails unable to grasp that Elon Musk's money isn't all sitting in a huge bucket waiting for him to just dispense it however he sees fit. He has NOT accumulated 44 billion in disposable income.

But more important than that is the expectation that he should be spending his money on things which we are paying our GOVERNMENTS to address. So I found myself wishing (for the first time ever) that I was on twitter so I could respond to Nina:

Why are you tweeting at Elon about this when minimum wage isn't any part of his job?

Why not tweet Nanci Pelosi:

Nancy's Net Worth: 87 million

Nancy's Net Worth: 120 million

Or are you telling me that minimum wage is a matter of complete indifference to a politician who has been in office since 1987?

BTW ... I picked Nancy Pelosi because she and her party are currently in power and she's been in politics a looooong time without apparently solving any of the problems she was elected to solve.

But just so that nobody thinks I'm picking on the Democrats here's one for Mitch McConnell:

Mitch's Net Worth: 22 million

Mitch's Net Worth: 35 million

Apparently Mitch isn't as shrewd an investor as Nancy. Or perhaps he's just better at hiding his money? Mitch has been in office since 1985. And I have no doubt he hasn't solved any of the problems he was elected to solve.

So I'm completely unbiased here ... I've just put the (stiletto heeled) boot into both sides of the aisle.

Either way ... according to numerous sources Musk paid 11 billion dollars in tax in 2021.

So why not ask the US government why, with that windfall, THEY haven't addressed these issues with that money? It IS their job after all.

*edit* Typo

Do you have the ability to NOT make this discussion political?  Rarely have I seen you (going back several years) make a point without framing it as 'left' vs 'right'. You miss things when you do that.

• Confused 1

The guy is so poor. He only has 3 billion in liquid assets. He should apply for food stamps.

"Ultimately, there’s little doubt he can come up with the money. Musk is the world’s richest person, with a fortune of $257 billion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. However, he has just about $3 billion in cash and somewhat liquid assets, according to Bloomberg estimates".

https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-21-billion-mystery-224515600.html

Edited by Luna Bliss

5 hours ago, Rilee Dallas said:

Yes.

If all the billionaires chipped in with just a fraction of their wealth we could end world hunger.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 883 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.