Free Head 4-23-2020

Blaise Glendevon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A brand I'm not familiar with called Rebirth Avatar Creations has a group gift head on offer. The head is free, the group is free. They claim that they have something called the "polymorph" system, so that you can use skins from different brands (Catwa, Lelutka Classic, EvoX, Genus, etc) without too much distortion by clicking a setting on the HUD. I haven't tested it yet. I retain the right to try it on and call it junk, but free is free and if it really can accomodate different skin UVs in one HUD, you've just opened up a lot of opportunities to pick up sales, group gifts, and freebies in the way of cosmetics and skins. 

I'm going to see if I can't knock a freebie/cheapie avatar out of it. 

REBIRTH Head Kyra - GROUP GIFT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I could not find this head in the mainstore, they must have hidden it extremely well, or its already gone.

Anyway I tried some demos of the other heads and could not get any of them to work properly. The eyelash texture never rezzes. They are cheap though, only 500L each as long as you don't mind having no eyelashes. No male heads, only female and kids.

1 hour ago, Karl Herber said:

I could not find this head in the mainstore, they must have hidden it extremely well, or its already gone.

Anyway I tried some demos of the other heads and could not get any of them to work properly. The eyelash texture never rezzes. They are cheap though, only 500L each as long as you don't mind having no eyelashes. No male heads, only female and kids.

You have to go to the head store not the mainstore, i think you can tp from the left side of the mainstore to the head store (if not then somewhere in the store there's a tp because that's how I found the head store lol).

I think the head is pretty nice tbh, I also had no problem rezzing the lashes so maybe its different for this head. My only complaint is that the brows looked weird but maybe its just the skin i was using.

• Like 1

I joined the group and then from the Notices, went to the SLURL provided in the notice about the free head:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/REBIRTH Forever/47/79/21

On the wall is a picture of the head and if you click it you are teleported to another room.  In that room, on one wall you'll find 7 group gifts -- none being the head.  However, if you then look around the room, in the center by the fountain, you'll find the vendor for the free head -- pay it L$1 and it gives the money back with the head.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I joined the group and then from the Notices, went to the SLURL provided in the notice about the free head:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/REBIRTH Forever/47/79/21

On the wall is a picture of the head and if you click it you are teleported to another room.  In that room, on one wall you'll find 7 group gifts -- none being the head.  However, if you then look around the room, in the center by the fountain, you'll find the vendor for the free head -- pay it L$1 and it gives the money back with the head.

They really make sure that you really want this head 😄

• Haha 7

When you land at the store you can go in either the room on the left or the right and the group gift head will be in the center of each of those rooms..There will be a ring of style card vendor slots.. it's the gray one pretty much facing the door as you enter each room..

Just make sure you're in the group..

I think it was 1L for the head..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I think it was 1L for the head..

Went and picked it up to peek at it a little. It's L$1 - but you get the L$1 back on purchase. 

• Like 2

I need to test it with some of my shapes and see if something pops..

I'm having a hard time with the nose at the moment.. I do really like how simplified it is..

Also,Did anyone find a mask option for the eyelashes? I popped out of world so I'm not looking at the hud right now, but was just curious.

19 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I need to test it with some of my shapes and see if something pops..

I'm having a hard time with the nose at the moment.. I do really like how simplified it is..

Also,Did anyone find a mask option for the eyelashes? I popped out of world so I'm not looking at the hud right now, but was just curious.

The getting started instructions state that you have to wear at least one of their eyelashes.
If you don't, they look plain black and unformed.

As I didn't like the shape coming with the head, I copied mine and edited the copy but I'm still not satisfied. I guess I'll have to fine tune it or try with another one.

GETTING STARTED.png

• Thanks 3

OK, I've been playing with this head today and it falls into the trap of all free heads (except the ones gifted at Holidays by the big head brands.) If you don't have a mesh head, you're going to struggle to make it look good and need all kinds of third party cosmetics layers. It will wind up being a $L 1,000 free head in the end. If you do have a mesh head, and all the goodies to go with it, you're going to like that head better. 

The animations are particularly clunky, and if I hadn't had an expensive third party face AO, I'd probably just dump the thing. The face takes a lot of knob-twiddling and the mouth still doesn't look right to me on any of the skins made for the brands they claim to be compatible with. (This is my biggest problem with most free heads - the mouth.) Also, the shape of the head is really, really square and trying to adjust with Head Stretch or Egg Head or any of the other head sliders makes the jaw point out like a Halloween witch mask. So, hair fitting is touch and go.

If you are willing to sink some time and money into making it look good, you can moderately do so. And at that point, you might as well just buy a head you will actually like and use. 

It does match well with the free Lucybody I picked up and intended to review, and that actually is a freebie I wouldn't mind recommending - $200 for the BOM script and a 5 day wait at the Midnight Madness when I got it and it is a satisfactory replacement for Maitreya, minus the nails (ugh) and the breasts not scaling down as I would like them. (If you're a big titty Liddy, you should be fine though.) I prefer my actual Maitreya body, and the HUD is much more newbie friendly.

I picked it up, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it.

I couldn't really fine tune much to achieve the softer features I tend to go for. Nose too angular for me and I couldn't get my usual pout with the mouth. The eyes looked strange for some reason, too. Can't really explain it, but I wasn't able to shape them well.

4 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

it is a satisfactory replacement for Maitreya, minus the nails (ugh)...

Yup, the included nails on Lucy aren't great, but it fits mesh nails from Ascendant, Rawr, and Alme (and potentially other shops as well). I grabbed a few sets during the weekend sales and with a free gift certificate to Alme given out during some FLF event. Oh, and Ascendant has some free group gifts if you want to keep shopping as free as possible.

Honestly, it hasn't matched up to any skins of mine other than the ones that come in the folder..

I'm thinking by matching up they are meaning it's not putting your mouth on your forehead.. hehehe

I'm really not seeing any of that 80% of SL skins matching..

Is anyone else having any luck?

35 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Honestly, it hasn't matched up to any skins of mine other than the ones that come in the folder..

I'm thinking by matching up they are meaning it's not putting your mouth on your forehead.. hehehe

The eyes and mouth are pretty distorted on mine. But I did really push the sliders to get an attractive shape at all. 

3 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

In the head hud you have to set the brand for which your skin was made. I tried several Genus and Lel EvoX skins and had pretty good results, though I had some neck issues with some EvoX skins which are supposed to be full body skins.

I do agree with what others said about shaping the head. Sometimes I don't see any difference no matter how high or low I set some sliders. Eyes' shape is quite an issue for me as well. But as Blaise said, the Rebirth head fits well with the Lucybody, which I'm currently using. I guess I'll keep my free Genus strong head for now until I can set my hands on a Lel.

I managed to get a shape I liked, and discovered, when I'd done, that the reason the eyelashes never rezzed yesterday i because I was in "Edit Shape" mode. Come out of edit mode, they show fine, go back in and they go black again. It's a very odd way of doing them.

K22_033.thumb.jpg.0d6b81cc55a235ef210a267f6d4e3338.jpg

Can't really comment on how well the polymorph thing works; I use an old system skin from years back, and that seems to fit very well on the "system" setting but I don't have skins to try for the other settings. I did try them, and all but Genus looked worse (Genus looked the same).

Neck is just about seamless on Belleza Freya body (slight seam at the back in certain lighting conditions). And the head runs big, similar size to Catwa, so you'll be wanting to wear the largest size of any hair you have. 

• Like 1

I'm not even sure what they are meaning by poly morph..

With BOM I can apply the same amount of the skins in SL to my BOM heads.

I guess I'm looking for something ground breaking with this head and not understanding what it is if there is anything..

Is it just a hyped up add for their heads or am I missing what is different from their head than any other HD heads?

8 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I'm not even sure what they are meaning by poly morph..

With BOM I can apply the same amount of the skins in SL to my BOM heads.

I guess I'm looking for something ground breaking with this head and not understanding what it is if there is anything..

Is it just a hyped up add for their heads or am I missing what is different from their head than any other HD heads?

The UV maps do seem to change, depending on what head option you click in the HUD. 

14 hours ago, Karl Herber said:

I managed to get a shape I liked, and discovered, when I'd done, that the reason the eyelashes never rezzed yesterday i because I was in "Edit Shape" mode. Come out of edit mode, they show fine, go back in and they go black again. It's a very odd way of doing them.

Turn off eyelashes in the HUD, then go into edit mode. I found that it takes care of the blacking out issue.

• Thanks 1

I think it's an okay head and I do appreciate them having the foresight to include the EvoX mode so nobody gets left out. (Unlike some other store whose new head release is strictly EvoX only, but that's a rant for another thread.)

I tried it with the Gloom skin and the eyes doesn't map well, but it may be the skin itself. I'll need to find more EvoX skins to test it more.

image.thumb.png.396401903852e36504e484dad56a7ccd.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I think it's an okay head and I do appreciate them having the foresight to include the EvoX mode so nobody gets left out. (Unlike some other store whose new head release is strictly EvoX only, but that's a rant for another thread.)

I tried it with the Gloom skin and the eyes doesn't map well, but it may be the skin itself. I'll need to find more EvoX skins to test it more.

image.thumb.png.396401903852e36504e484dad56a7ccd.png

Is that hairbase on the head or is it a third party hairbase?  I need that!

20 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Is that hairbase on the head or is it a third party hairbase?  I need that!

It's "LeLUTKA.EvoX.Hairbase.011 (m)" that came with the Letlutka Kaya head from last Christmas' gift. I'm guessing other EvoX heads may have the same ones too.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.