Leaving Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 10:19 AM, Ina Fairport said:

I will leave SL permanently On my friendlist are only friends who left SL years ago.
My contribution to this forum was a sort of last desperate act to find a new meaning for my second life.

After almost 16 years it is enough.

All the best for all of you.

I just came back after years of hiatus. 

• Like 1

I totally get the desire to leave.  As an old timer (15 years) I really identified with and felt welcomed everywhere I went as the beagle avatar in the pic to the left.  But that avatar broke with one of the updates a few years back and was discontinued.  I never found a sense of self again in world, so I left for a number of years.   I felt the need to return just today, but I guess it will be as a human now, or an alien.  🤨   

I'm finding I don't even remember how to move around!    Also, everything has changed.  But that's life.  My real life has changed dramatically too. 

Anyway I'm glad you decided to return.  

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, Weston Graves said:

I totally get the desire to leave.  As an old timer (15 years) I really identified with and felt welcomed everywhere I went as the beagle avatar in the pic to the left.  But that avatar broke with one of the updates a few years back and was discontinued.  I never found a sense of self again in world, so I left for a number of years.   I felt the need to return just today, but I guess it will be as a human now, or an alien.  🤨   

I'm finding I don't even remember how to move around!    Also, everything has changed.  But that's life.  My real life has changed dramatically too. 

Welcome back, Weston!

Sorry to hear about the beagle. 😔

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Weston Graves said:

If you want a good dog avatar Timber Wilds Industries has wolf and fox avatars that can be modified to be different dog breeds. I have their regular sized wolf and the smaller version for my wolf-girl alt. There are also TWI mods on MP for various types of dog barks and howls, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have barks and howls for beagles. 

Another cheaper route you could go is to get a companion beagle, wear a full body alpha and wear the attached pup as your avatar. This type of avatar would walk, run or stay in place when you do, but most of it's animations would be random. Here's a cute Beagle pack from Jian on MP.

Here's what I came up with on a MP search for TWI Beagle.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Weston, I had a look on the Marketplace. There are tons of dog avatars, including realistic Dalmatians, Great Danes, Shiba Inus, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, and Golden Retrievers. There are even a couple of Beagles, although one is a Tiny and the other is an add-on to the humanoid Chimera Fox avatar (by humanoid, I mean it looks like a dog, but walks on its hind legs).

I think you would make a fantastic Golden Retriever.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Weston, I had a look on the Marketplace. There are tons of dog avatars, including realistic Dalmatians, Great Danes, Shiba Inus, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, and Golden Retrievers. There are even a couple of Beagles, although one is a Tiny and the other is an add-on to the humanoid Chimera Fox avatar (by humanoid, I mean it looks like a dog, but walks on its hind legs).

I think you would make a fantastic Golden Retriever.

You're right, it doesn't have to be a beagle as along as it's charming.  Golden Retrievers are nice.  But it does have to be quadrupedal so as not to confuse me with furry culture which is a different animal so to speak.  The dog avatar just somehow helped me partially overcome my social anxiety which bleeds over into the virtual world from the real world    

But I have hijacked this thread enough -- not my intention. 

Returning has been great fun so far.  I'm thinking about hanging out at NCI for advice.  That should look weird if anyone sees the 15+ years in my profile!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Weston Graves said:

I'm finding I don't even remember how to move around!    Also, everything has changed. 

I had to google how to change my group tag, how to apply a sculpty map and.....how to rezz a prim.  I was so laughing so hard at myself over that last one.

Oh and I've also managed to accidentally wear a box on my head.  It's like old times became new again except now with bonus BOM.

The weirdest thing is I have this vague residue of body memory that makes me feel viscerally that I know where to click to make things happen....only I don't and eventually have to resort to google to find out how do the most basic of things.

I hope you find the perfect avatar to feel at home in SL again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.