Annoying drop down on Search!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Since Firestorm has switched to LL search I noticed that when one types in search bar one gets a constant BLUE drop down box.This blue box a supposedly helpful tips is a nuisance. Can LL please have  a setting menu that allows one to turn off this box??  If one does not know how to do a search have a button that opens a window so one can read to understand how to write in search NOT a blue drop down that blocks the first item in search! Hopefully someone in LL will read and pass along.Thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wallace Wirefly said:

Since Firestorm has switched to LL search I noticed that when one types in search bar one gets a constant BLUE drop down box.This blue box a supposedly helpful tips is a nuisance. Can LL please have  a setting menu that allows one to turn off this box??  If one does not know how to do a search have a button that opens a window so one can read to understand how to write in search NOT a blue drop down that blocks the first item in search! Hopefully someone in LL will read and pass along.Thanks

Wait. Firestorm caved and put in LL's broken search in total now??? Without the legacy search??? At least Alchemy hasn't done that (yet) and I hope they won't be compelled to do so. It is ruining the economy.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Wallace Wirefly said:

Switch to legacy search instead.

fs_search [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Wait. Firestorm caved and put in LL's broken search in total now???

No, they still have the Legacy search.  They've always had LL's web search, but the latest rollout shows the help box by default and you have to click somewhere to get rid of it or enlarge the window so that it doesn't obscure the results.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wallace Wirefly said:

I can not seem to find this legacy search. Reading the link doesn't really tell much. I assume that the search screen one uses now is the newest features that we now have since last update. I still think the drop down is useless item that needs to be done away with. 👍😉

Try reading the whole page. The tabs are staring you in the face when you open the search window.

On 4/12/2022 at 10:50 AM, Wallace Wirefly said:

I HATE that thing. BAD Devs !!!

https://media1.giphy.com/media/PamyJcqFtKmN9rXC9q/giphy.gif?cid=5e2148868877879a92d1d1ed27e609a77e9c83eb95510955&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

The dropdown suggests using multiword phrases "clothing store" to narrow the search down.  Quotes usually mean search for the exact search string, in any normal search engine I have used.  But strings seem to be interpreted as:  worda AND/OR wordb AND/OR wordc in any order, in the SL search.  So don't use a common word or you just get everything:

7f34b851708a15e455f5ff1984024b38.png

Of course it didn't find this forum, which is not inworld. Turns out there are very few forums in SL. Twelve hits for forum inworld:

cb6f2ee63f6870c3d4ef8028a30b665f.png

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.