Jump to content

Linden Mainland Roads


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Is it Linden Labs, or someone temp-rezzing prims since they are incapable of actually lining up the public works with surrounding land elevation?

 

There's an invisible prim buried in the road that self-destructs every nine minutes to let people drive on and off my parcel because Linden public Works thinks having a 2m deep ditch along the side of their main roads is just absolutely brilliant infrastructure planning.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NanashiNyx said:

Is it Linden Labs, or someone temp-rezzing prims since they are incapable of actually lining up the public works with surrounding land elevation?

 

There's an invisible prim buried in the road that self-destructs every nine minutes to let people drive on and off my parcel because Linden public Works thinks having a 2m deep ditch along the side of their main roads is just absolutely brilliant infrastructure planning.

It's owned by a Linden at the middle part of the bridge. No scripts inside it. Just a transparent object.

Also, different Lindens constructed the road around this section.

Edited by Mr Incognito
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Mr Incognito said:

It's owned by a Linden at the middle part of the bridge. No scripts inside it. Just a transparent object.

It isn't on a sim crossing either?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Linden Roads, based on real roads. ;) 

232481694_SLRoadsBasedonrealroads.thumb.png.4e07220923d8d66f4e340ee913e57cee.png

On a serious note, yeah, that's most likely a thing to support a sim crossing so you won't fall through the road. I could have been done a little more elegantly though.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2022 at 9:25 PM, NanashiNyx said:

Is it Linden Labs, or someone temp-rezzing prims since they are incapable of actually lining up the public works with surrounding land elevation?

 

There's an invisible prim buried in the road that self-destructs every nine minutes to let people drive on and off my parcel because Linden public Works thinks having a 2m deep ditch along the side of their main roads is just absolutely brilliant infrastructure planning.

You know as long as the root prim of a linkset is on your parcel, you can build over the border. As long as you aren't blocking road travel, you could probably just add a section of driveway that bridged that ditch. I've got prim items on LL land from one of my parcels and it's never been an issue. The LI still counts against my parcel total.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Crim Mip said:

You know as long as the root prim of a linkset is on your parcel, you can build over the border. As long as you aren't blocking road travel, you could probably just add a section of driveway that bridged that ditch. I've got prim items on LL land from one of my parcels and it's never been an issue. The LI still counts against my parcel total.

It may be because it is on a region border, the Linden Road follows the line between regions here, but if you try to drive on something anchored to my side from the road it is phantom and you fall through. You can *leave* the parcel, but you can't *enter* it, which is why there's a temp-rezzer bouncing a prim into the road area and then self-deleting so someone coming from that side has a physical object to drive on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NanashiNyx said:

It may be because it is on a region border, the Linden Road follows the line between regions here, but if you try to drive on something anchored to my side from the road it is phantom and you fall through. You can *leave* the parcel, but you can't *enter* it, which is why there's a temp-rezzer bouncing a prim into the road area and then self-deleting so someone coming from that side has a physical object to drive on.

This is a problem that affects every single road crossing a region border on Horizons.

You fall into the floor every, single, time.

I reported it, even got some Linden's and moles to come out and walk up and down, that was years ago and it's not been fixed.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

region border on Horizons.

 

If you think horizons is bad, take a look at the area north of zindra where the roads are *directly* on the sim boundaries, then go there and try and make a turn in a vehicle around a region corner.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are ways to mitigate the region crossing bump (as used by moles on Zindra for the region corner cross roads), this magic was forgotten when Horizons was made.

Obviously this does nothing to make the region crossing even close to a seamless experience, but it does stop you falling down the gap and getting mixed up with the loose change and hippo poop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, NanashiNyx said:

It may be because it is on a region border, the Linden Road follows the line between regions here, but if you try to drive on something anchored to my side from the road it is phantom and you fall through. You can *leave* the parcel, but you can't *enter* it, which is why there's a temp-rezzer bouncing a prim into the road area and then self-deleting so someone coming from that side has a physical object to drive on.

Yes. crossing a region border requires overlapping support prims if you aren't on the actual terrain itself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...