Linden Mainland Roads

Mr Incognito

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is it Linden Labs, or someone temp-rezzing prims since they are incapable of actually lining up the public works with surrounding land elevation?

There's an invisible prim buried in the road that self-destructs every nine minutes to let people drive on and off my parcel because Linden public Works thinks having a 2m deep ditch along the side of their main roads is just absolutely brilliant infrastructure planning.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NanashiNyx said:

Is it Linden Labs, or someone temp-rezzing prims since they are incapable of actually lining up the public works with surrounding land elevation?

There's an invisible prim buried in the road that self-destructs every nine minutes to let people drive on and off my parcel because Linden public Works thinks having a 2m deep ditch along the side of their main roads is just absolutely brilliant infrastructure planning.

It's owned by a Linden at the middle part of the bridge. No scripts inside it. Just a transparent object.

Also, different Lindens constructed the road around this section.

Edited by Mr Incognito
  • Like 1

On 2/28/2022 at 9:25 PM, NanashiNyx said:

You know as long as the root prim of a linkset is on your parcel, you can build over the border. As long as you aren't blocking road travel, you could probably just add a section of driveway that bridged that ditch. I've got prim items on LL land from one of my parcels and it's never been an issue. The LI still counts against my parcel total.

2 minutes ago, Crim Mip said:

You know as long as the root prim of a linkset is on your parcel, you can build over the border. As long as you aren't blocking road travel, you could probably just add a section of driveway that bridged that ditch. I've got prim items on LL land from one of my parcels and it's never been an issue. The LI still counts against my parcel total.

It may be because it is on a region border, the Linden Road follows the line between regions here, but if you try to drive on something anchored to my side from the road it is phantom and you fall through. You can *leave* the parcel, but you can't *enter* it, which is why there's a temp-rezzer bouncing a prim into the road area and then self-deleting so someone coming from that side has a physical object to drive on.

2 minutes ago, NanashiNyx said:

It may be because it is on a region border, the Linden Road follows the line between regions here, but if you try to drive on something anchored to my side from the road it is phantom and you fall through. You can *leave* the parcel, but you can't *enter* it, which is why there's a temp-rezzer bouncing a prim into the road area and then self-deleting so someone coming from that side has a physical object to drive on.

This is a problem that affects every single road crossing a region border on Horizons.

You fall into the floor every, single, time.

I reported it, even got some Linden's and moles to come out and walk up and down, that was years ago and it's not been fixed.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

region border on Horizons.

If you think horizons is bad, take a look at the area north of zindra where the roads are *directly* on the sim boundaries, then go there and try and make a turn in a vehicle around a region corner.

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 1

There are ways to mitigate the region crossing bump (as used by moles on Zindra for the region corner cross roads), this magic was forgotten when Horizons was made.

Obviously this does nothing to make the region crossing even close to a seamless experience, but it does stop you falling down the gap and getting mixed up with the loose change and hippo poop.

20 hours ago, NanashiNyx said:

Yes. crossing a region border requires overlapping support prims if you aren't on the actual terrain itself.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 785 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.