Refund due to me

lxfinniganxl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello;

Yes I'm wondering who do I take my complaint to when SL and Talia refuse to refund me my $36.06 USD? And why Do You/They keep asking for personal information. such as Drivers License ID and SSN#? Then telling me my Personal Information will be stored on a "Secure Server"? I've have repeatedly asked for this refund as I'm Not able to continue in SL with a computer that is a little short of the minimum basic requirements. The Amount I am owed is the USD amount from cashing in my Lindens. I'm Not asking for any refunds from any items I have Purchased. Just the amount shown in the Confirmation Email I was sent showing that Amount. I have given the necessary information for you or Talia to send this money to my Pay Pal Account and so far you or talia have failed to do so. Is this Talia Pulling a Scam? Or commiting Fraud? At this point I wonder. This needs to be looked into and my money deposited into my Pay Pal Account. Immediately.

I hope someone can and will do the right thing and return what's owed to me.

• Haha 2

9 answers to this question

This is a resident-to-resident public forum.  The only answers you'll get are from other SL residents. Lindens look in here from time to time, but they rarely respond to questions and never address personal accounts here. The best way to get reliable answers about your own account is to ask Linden Lab directly.  The LL Billing Department is available from 6am to 2pm PST, Monday through Friday.  Call toll-free in the US/Canada: 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277.  

Tilia, the financial subsidiary of Linden Lab, is required to have certain basic information on file to verify that you are in fact the account owner. They also need to be able to file mandatory paperwork for the Internal Revenue Service if they transfer money to you. That's why they have to ask for that personal information.  They are as concerned about staying on good terms with the tax authorities as they are about being sure that you are who you claim to be. When you call the billing office tomorrow morning, ask politely about the details.

• Like 2

Process credit (withdrawal)

Net proceeds from your sales of Linden Dollars remain as credit on your Second Life account, and this credit is automatically applied to your account fees as described above. If you do not wish to apply your Linden Dollar sales proceeds to your fees, you may withdraw this portion of your account credit through a real-world credit process. (See Process Credit) Note that you may only process credit due to net proceeds from sales of Linden Dollars. Purchases of account credits and credits due to gift codes or other promotional account credits are nonrefundable, and may not be processed as a payment to you.

You must be in full compliance with our Terms of Service to receive any payment through the credit payment process. This includes, without limitation, the requirement to have accurate and complete registration information, including verifiable billing information. Under certain circumstances, Linden Lab may request additional information from you before processing a request. If provided in a timely manner, this extra step should not significantly delay processing times.

Additionally, you must be in compliance with Tilia's Terms of Service and provide Tilia with adequate documentation for ID verification in order to process credit. Tilia is a subsidiary of Linden Lab that offers certain financial services to the Second Life community and helps Second Life comply with U.S. laws and regulations. For additional information about Tilia and the documentation required for ID verification, please see the Tilia FAQ.

• Like 2

To the OP. Walk away or change your USD balance back into lindens (yes another fee) and spend it.  Apparently -- you did not READ THE TOS when you agreed to it.   Hopefully this is a lesson learned.  In order to move USD out of SL you MUST (big letters - underlined etc) give Tilia your SSN and other information. THAT is your only other choice. 

Unfortunately folks in some countries cannot comply with the Tilia steps because of rules and the way things are done in other countries.  Some have had lots of money "stuck". So hopefully some folks will read this thread and learn something.  It isn't like it wasn't published :D

• Like 2

Ahh yes i can feel your pain. It is annoying to put your hard earned money in to the game without many questions but when you ask the same money back you need to provide a whole lot of info but unfortunately that's the only way.

If you do not wish to give away your personal info and don't plan to continue SL feel free to DONATE those USD's to me. I promise i will use them in the best possible way. Thank you.

• Haha 1

Rowan has pointed you at the information you need to transfer your $USD from Linden Lab (Tilia) to your PayPal account. If you don't wish to provide the proof of identity that they require, you might be able to transfer the money as a part of deleting your Second Life account. You will have to contact Billing to see if this is the case. Call them during US west coast business hours, at 800-294-1067

4 hours ago, lxfinniganxl said:

Is this Talia Pulling a Scam? Or committing Fraud? At this point I wonder. This needs to be looked into and my money deposited into my Pay Pal Account. Immediately.

Tilia is legitimate, but does not seem to be well set up for identifying people outside of the United States. This has come up a few times in the past.

On 2/22/2022 at 12:20 AM, lxfinniganxl said:

I hope someone can and will do the right thing and return what's owed to me.

you will have to comply, resistance is futile .. yes i know that's not my made up line, but what you have to do.
Tillia is a official money handler/ banking company, and nééds to verify you are who you say you are. No more, no less.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

On 2/22/2022 at 4:19 AM, Lindal Kidd said:

If you don't wish to provide the proof of identity that they require, you might be able to transfer the money as a part of deleting your Second Life account. 

if that is possible, to use sockpuppet accounts, simply delete the account to get funds un checked out of SL, i seiously doubt it is possible without the proper verifiction upfront. This rule is as far i know only a route to get funds out of SL that don't meet the requiremets for the total amount.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 864 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.