Human Proportioning Tool

Anna Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Tess Falworth said:

Hmm.. I learned human proportions in basic art 101 in 7th grade..pretty much this. Didn't know people actually needed tools to get this? That tool is cool though. 

Walking around SL you will notice lots of people don't do normal human proportions. A good percentage appear to be trying to do a RL human look and failing.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tess Falworth said:

Hmm.. I learned human proportions in basic art 101 in 7th grade..pretty much this. Didn't know people actually needed tools to get this? That tool is cool though. 

I didn't think I did either, but experience has taught me that my eye for it is bad when I'm working on my own avatar... so for me, the tools help my brain see what's really there, rather than what I *think* I've done lol

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

I didn't think I did either, but experience has taught me that my eye for it is bad when I'm working on my own avatar... so for me, the tools help my brain see what's really there, rather than what I *think* I've done lol

Same.  

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Ajay McDowwll said:

Yea, I can see how that is..I totally get that. Sl has so many influences from varied art styles and sources, I know lots of people who really don't care how proportionate they look 😆  For me its seeing the little t-rex arms that are waaay too short for the body. I have to bite my tongue every time I see it! But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? 😜

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tess Falworth said:

Yea, I can see how that is..I totally get that. Sl has so many influences from varied art styles and sources, I know lots of people who really don't care how proportionate they look 😆  For me its seeing the little t-rex arms that are waaay too short for the body. I have to bite my tongue every time I see it! But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder right? 😜

Yeah, the t-rex arms are a neverending source of visual pain to me lol

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 4:07 PM, sailorcipher said:

I personally like the look of being a little too leggy to look natural. I blame growing up with CLAMP anime...

CY0duPkUAAABEJt.jpg.ab5c56b2cd2fd61f2097c085cab23272.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I met a girl with "Supermodel" in her group tag who looked rather like that. I think she had all the height adjustments maxed out and the width adjustments all set to nothing. She was beautiful despite the odd proportions.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

A couple of weeks ago I met a girl with "Supermodel" in her group tag who looked rather like that. I think she had all the height adjustments maxed out and the width adjustments all set to nothing. She was beautiful despite the odd proportions.

I just saw this ad one yesterday on seraphim.

Screenshot_20220222-092328.thumb.png.55fe6d96d0c9ef162e346e0bf8a5b2e6.png

• Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 796 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.