Jump to content

My idea for a Avatar Pack


buriburigoki
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Hi. Newbie here. Since there’s not a lot of Secondlife/VRchat avatars (and Gmod/SFM models) of canon Waifus from Furry Pop Culture, here’s my little idea for a Secondlife avatar pack, a Talespin Ladies Avatar Pack (with Gmod/SFM ports included):

A list of Models that will be in the Avatar Pack (Also, please make sure to make them Show-Accrate):
* Rebecca Cunningham (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and tongue. And removable sweater and pants): Rebecca Cunningham/Gallery | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Clementine Clevenger (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and tongue. And removable hat, scarf, jacket, gloves, shirt, skirt and boots): Clementine Clevenger | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Harmond (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable tie, shirt and skirt): Talespin - Harmond
* Katie Dodd (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable hat, gloves, shirt, belt, pants, and boots): Katie Dodd/Gallery | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Kitten Kaboodle (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and tongue. And removable dress): Kitten Kaboodle | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Muffy Vanderschmere (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable hat, necklace, shirt, belt and skirt): Buffy and Muffy Vanderschmere | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Myra Foxworthy (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable hat, glasses, shirt, belt and pants): Talespin - Myra Foxworthy
* Lotta L’amour (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable hat, scarf, sweater and dress): Lotta Lamour | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Lillian Ravenwood (Comic Book-only character) (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and tongue. And removable sweater and pants): Flight of the Sky-Raker - Part One
* Femme Appeal (Not actually a character from “Talespin”, but let’s just add her in as a Bonus) (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable Jumpsuit, gloves, belt and boots): Femme Appeal Comic Panels - Album on Imgur

(Sigh) So many Waifus from Furry Pop Culture, yet they hardly have any Secondlife/VRchat avatars or Gmod/SFM models. We truly are living in the darkest timeline are We?

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Disney Group takes Disney trademark infringement seriously and has copyright and trademark registrations to protect its characters. Anyone who wants to use the characters from the Disney franchise must follow all legal requirements to avoid infringing on the company’s intellectual property rights. The Disney Group and Walt Disney have created a series of extremely memorable and beloved fictional characters in modern culture.

A copyright exists to protect original works, such as books and movies, while trademarks protect brand names. A copyright or trademark owner for a character will help to prevent anyone else from using the same character without the owner’s permission.

WHAT DISNEY CHARACTERS ARE CLASSIFIED AS DISNEY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY?

It would be impossible to list every character, movie, ride, attraction, song, show, etc that falls under Disney intellectual property.

To sum it up, all intellectual property rights on the brands, characters, titles, and other properties of Disney are owned by the Walt Disney Company and its affiliates and cannot be used.

Disney’s anti-piracy clause restricts:

Titles

Feature-length motion pictures

Characters

Music

Games

Publications

Animated productions

Other elements from Disney productions

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, buriburigoki said:

So, has anybody gotten to work on making this idea for a avatar pack in Blender?

I don't really think any of that is gonna fly in Second Life, but you might have some better luck commissioning them for VR Chat - even though the copyright infringement is still an issue, it just seems like people get away with it more easily in VR Chat.

If you're expecting someone to see this list and just do all that work for free, then idk what to tell you lol. You could always learn Blender and put in the work yourself :) 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2022 at 10:12 PM, buriburigoki said:

Hi. Newbie here. Since there’s not a lot of Secondlife/VRchat avatars (and Gmod/SFM models) of canon Waifus from Furry Pop Culture, here’s my little idea for a Secondlife avatar pack, a Talespin Ladies Avatar Pack (with Gmod/SFM ports included):

A list of Models that will be in the Avatar Pack (Also, please make sure to make them Show-Accrate):
* Rebecca Cunningham (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and tongue. And removable sweater and pants): Rebecca Cunningham/Gallery | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Clementine Clevenger (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and tongue. And removable hat, scarf, jacket, gloves, shirt, skirt and boots): Clementine Clevenger | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Harmond (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable tie, shirt and skirt): Talespin - Harmond
* Katie Dodd (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable hat, gloves, shirt, belt, pants, and boots): Katie Dodd/Gallery | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Kitten Kaboodle (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and tongue. And removable dress): Kitten Kaboodle | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Muffy Vanderschmere (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable hat, necklace, shirt, belt and skirt): Buffy and Muffy Vanderschmere | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Myra Foxworthy (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable hat, glasses, shirt, belt and pants): Talespin - Myra Foxworthy
* Lotta L’amour (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable hat, scarf, sweater and dress): Lotta Lamour | Disney Wiki | Fandom
* Lillian Ravenwood (Comic Book-only character) (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth and tongue. And removable sweater and pants): Flight of the Sky-Raker - Part One
* Femme Appeal (Not actually a character from “Talespin”, but let’s just add her in as a Bonus) (With moveable hair, eyelids, eyes, ears, nose, mouth, tongue and tail. And removable Jumpsuit, gloves, belt and boots): Femme Appeal Comic Panels - Album on Imgur

(Sigh) So many Waifus from Furry Pop Culture, yet they hardly have any Secondlife/VRchat avatars or Gmod/SFM models. We truly are living in the darkest timeline are We?

There are privacy policies that rightfully prevent you from copying the work of any other author whether it's Disney or a complete stranger, it's also about ethics.
But it is not forbidden to get inspired and create your own asset inspired by a genre, the important thing is that you do not copy exactly what the character is like exactly as it is released by an author. Certainly not a good thing to do in my opinion because this way you don't get a good reputation anyway.
Looking at your reference images, however, I see that you are more interested in the world of furry ones.
There are so many good authors who create so many characters of the genre and I agree with you that the LL should add this kind of characters to their avatar set. It is strange that there are many fictional characters and not even a furry one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, LilNosferatu said:

I don't really think any of that is gonna fly in Second Life, but you might have some better luck commissioning them for VR Chat - even though the copyright infringement is still an issue, it just seems like people get away with it more easily in VR Chat.

If you're expecting someone to see this list and just do all that work for free, then idk what to tell you lol. You could always learn Blender and put in the work yourself :) 

9 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Please, do not even think about uploading anything based on Disney's IP to Second Life.    Disney has very aggressive lawyers who take a very proactive approach to protecting their client's IP.

Really? We had Sonic avatar packs in the past and that didn't stop us from getting sued by Sega and Sonic Team. And this guy made SFM/GMod models of Disney characters ( https://www.patreon.com/jcthornton/posts?filters[tag]=disney ) and that didn't stop him from getting sued by Disney. Do you honestly think Disney would even know what SecondLife, SFM and Gmod are?

 

 

Edited by buriburigoki
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tama Suki said:

There are privacy policies that rightfully prevent you from copying the work of any other author whether it's Disney or a complete stranger, it's also about ethics.
But it is not forbidden to get inspired and create your own asset inspired by a genre, the important thing is that you do not copy exactly what the character is like exactly as it is released by an author. Certainly not a good thing to do in my opinion because this way you don't get a good reputation anyway.
Looking at your reference images, however, I see that you are more interested in the world of furry ones.
There are so many good authors who create so many characters of the genre and I agree with you that the LL should add this kind of characters to their avatar set. It is strange that there are many fictional characters and not even a furry one.

What's "The LL" tho?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, buriburigoki said:

What's "The LL" tho?

Let's just put aside the fact that LL (Linden Labs) has deemed this illegal copywrite material.  Where did you grow up where you just come in and vomit up a bunch of stuff you want someone to make and come back 20 hours later asking if anyone has "gotten to work" on your demands that someone create this.  Seriously what is wrong with you?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, buriburigoki said:

What's "The LL" tho?

That's Linden Lab.  The company that owns Second Life.  The company @Quartz Moleworks for.  The person who told you...

9 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

Please, do not even think about uploading anything based on Disney's IP to Second Life.    Disney has very aggressive lawyers who take a very proactive approach to protecting their client's IP.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also, just because others like to play with fire, doesn't mean you have to set yourself aflame as well. (Let Maddy do that for you, she's a professional) - meaning: Yeah, of course there are some people who stole the IP and use it - mainly because Disney isn't omniscient yet, so.. maybe nobody reported that to them yet. But if somebody does, Disney will take that seriously. I mean, come one, they told childrens hospitals off for using their characters in some murals. Do you really think they'll go "Naw, that's just on the 'net bra, just let those adoorable weirdos be!"? They will not, they cannot, actually. Because they risk losing their IP (Or specific rights about it? Not sure)  if they don't stop that. That's the reason they're so agressive about it, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Let's just put aside the fact that LL (Linden Labs) has deemed this illegal copywrite material.  Where did you grow up where you just come in and vomit up a bunch of stuff you want someone to make and come back 20 hours later asking if anyone has "gotten to work" on your demands that someone create this.  Seriously what is wrong with you?

Where did you grow up that you don't see this sort of stuff every day? Not trying to excuse it but it seems pretty typical behavior for anyone under 25.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Ayeleeon said:

Where did you grow up that you don't see this sort of stuff every day? Not trying to excuse it but it seems pretty typical behavior for anyone under 25.

Typical for someone over 18 that has been interacting in the world as a full adult for 7 years? This is not typical behavior if they were raised correctly.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

This is not typical behavior if they were raised correctly.

Oh but so few were. I worry about my sons how will they find a decent girl, when so many young people act the way they do?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...