* Merry Christmas! *

Isobeast

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 minutes ago, Isobeast said:

Merry Christmas everybody or whatever you celebrate at this time of the year!

I wish all of your dreams to come true! :)

Oh, just one more thing, I decided to stay, no matter how someone may not like it.

I celebrate waking up every morning! 

I hope everyone woke up this morning, is well, happy, full, warm.

Merry Everyday everyone :D 

Edited by Marigold Devin
... even you over there in the corner, yes you, I can see you
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

I thought I would do a youtube search using the term badass christmas and ended up going down a rabbit hole.. hehehe

These were really good.

This little man aint taking any guff from his Dad, from Santa.... From ANYBODY!

He's back!! \o/

I just thought Nick looked really awesome in the image and the music is good too.. hehehe

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Norway?

tumblr_m4xnon9Zql1qj3ir1.gif

4 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

@Orwar do you have Christmas

We've got Yule, which is pretty much the same thing. I think. Food, drink, and gifts. 

The traditional Swedish (and Scandinavian) Yule dinner is a seasonal variant of the smörgåsbord, called julbord. The extent of a julbord varies, but traditionally you're supposed to take 7 courses from it.

• First course is the pickled herrings of different varieties, eaten with potatoes - and schnapps, of course.
  • Second course is the salmon (graved, cold smoked, or warm smoked - or some of each), seafood pâté, smoked eel, and stuffed eggs.
  • Third course is for the cold cuts, the ham, meat and liver pâtés, pigs feet, and cold sausages.
  • Fourth course is the småvarma ('little warm'), meatballs, prince sausage, Brussel sprouts, and ribs, eaten with Janssons frestelse (a potato casserole with anchovies).
  • Fifth course is for the cheeses - which ones can vary a lot, but popular ones include stilton, västerbotten, and kryddost (cheese with cloves and cumin).
  • Sixth course is dessert, usually something like ris á la malta (sweetened rice porridge with whipped cream and oranges) or saffron pancake.
  • Seventh course is for the candies, lots of different types of chocolates, butterscotch, caramels, and marzipan breads, polka candies, and such. 

As for drinks, winter ales, julmust, schnapps, and usually a bit of glögg. Wine drinking types drink wine, but since wine tastes like something that came the wrong way out of a donkey (unless mulled), I stick with beer (and yule ales are great!).

There's a lot of regional variants though, and at home a lot of families exclude certain items or even whole courses (or combine them into smaller variants). It's usually also served around 3-4 PM, and serves as both lunch and dinner, and when people wake from the ensuing food coma and start feeling peckish we sometimes have rice porridge around midnight. My parents' generation also are adamant that all must be gathered at 3 PM to watch Donald Duck because Yule used to be the only time of year they'd have cartoons on, but these days we tend to get bored and hungry pretty quickly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 906 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.