Trick or Treat Event FYI

Lysistrata Szapira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1) If some of you are trying to find active vendors for the pumpkin and huds today (October 11th), try the Randelsham Forest SLURL.  The other vendors were offline for me a few minutes ago, but I found them working at Randelsham.

2) In the grand tradition of the Moles making high LI objects, the treat pumpkin is 6 LI (to be brutally honest, it is tiny so I don't know why it has to be 6 LI unless it was the fancy schmancy glowing bit).   They did not put this on the vendor, on the forum post, or in the notecard that comes with the pumpkin and hud.  You can't take it to a sandbox to determine how many LI it is.  So if your LI is low on your property, be prepared to have to make some sacrifices.  😜

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some more details from Abnor Mole in Belli chat:

[11:29] Abnor Mole: Just so everyone knows... the official start date of the Trick or Treat event is the 18th. If you happen to find a bucket that gives candy *before* that date, those candies will not count and everyone will start at zero on the 18th. If you have one of the buckets that is appearing to be giving out candy now (which won't actually count) please delete your bucket and rerez a new one.

[11:30] Abnor Mole: The vendors for picking up buckets and hud are now back online :)

[11:33] Abnor Mole: rerezzing the bucket will fix the issue of the appearing to give out candy now. When you click it, it will say "It’s The Great Trick or Treat Event, Bellisseria!" does not start until 9:00am SLT, October 18 2021.

[11:41] Litta Nightfire: And we have to wander around to find them, the buckets don't create a landmark list?
[11:42] Abnor Mole: The whole point is going door to door looking for people giving out candy, so no.. the HUD does not help you with that.
[11:43] Abnor Mole: And if you return to one you already got a candy from, it will not give you another.
[11:43] Abnor Mole: Yes, just like real Trick ot Treating :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Is there a problem with the candy buckets like did I read about a glitch? Mine was just returned to my inventory by Whitney so am guessing something is not quite cool with it all yet?

Did you possibly rez it on an alt's parcel instead of one that you own?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Is there a problem with the candy buckets like did I read about a glitch? Mine was just returned to my inventory by Whitney so am guessing something is not quite cool with it all yet?

Derrick just appeared on my parcel after I rezzed a new bucket, so I think they're checking all the locations that have them out?

Edited by Claire Atheria
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One more update!

[12:18] Derrick (derrick.linden): Hi all! Sorry for the confusion - Whitney and myself are returning any buckets that were collected prior to us realizing the mistake. If you've already picked up and rerezzed the bucket, our apologies, we just ask that you do it one more time. We're just making sure everything stays fair for when the event starts on the 18th ;)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Given this input and the fact that that I had picked my bucket up at 11:45, I went to try and get another one and was refused with a "sorry you already have one and are not allowed to get another" message. How are we supposed to update our buckets with at one per customer limit on them?

You can also redeliver the buckets ... the redelivery terminal is here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Leafminer/190/151/35

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Okay, I decided to play along this time.  I spidered up my 4 homes, but since I tend to have homes that are off the beaten path I'm making them easy to find.  There are neon, rotating signs on each of the homes.  As a trigger warning for the sensitive the spiders attack at one of the houses. I only turned on the full bright for the photos, but apologies to my neighbors for the signs.  It's only temporary.

ETA: Coral Bay, Aramis, Domingos, and Peacock Bay.  Now Everyone can have free candy at 4 houses.

boo1_003.png.90eb40e3a2a41f690d43401ac8612d7c.png

boo1_002.png.8a7962ba26c4602d93a9e7d415752f1a.png

boo1_004.png.4ab92d4e4831c2ab874d5c5d78ff1391.png

boo1_001.png.13d1f9d5f44e2e530b7b39f301dc8728.png

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I was sent v5.0 of the bucket and waited to see if there'd be any comment on that, but not seen any notices, discussion or followup notecards. Has anyone heard anything? Do we need to swap out buckets?

I see the thing now and will replace, but is it a functional thing or just land impact? Will we get candy from v3.0 or need to avoid old buckets?

Edited by Polenth Yue

On 10/13/2021 at 4:23 AM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Okay, I decided to play along this time.  I spidered up my 4 homes, but since I tend to have homes that are off the beaten path I'm making them easy to find.  There are neon, rotating signs on each of the homes.  As a trigger warning for the sensitive the spiders attack at one of the houses. I only turned on the full bright for the photos, but apologies to my neighbors for the signs.  It's only temporary.

ETA: Coral Bay, Aramis, Domingos, and Peacock Bay.  Now Everyone can have free candy at 4 houses.

This neighbour loves them! I think we're the only two in our region that have decked out this year. But we've done a stellar job!! 

Snapshot_025.jpg

Snapshot_026.jpg

Edited by alex Alas
  • Like 11

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I would love a mushroom shroom shrooom shrooooom. I will be looking for your home as well.  Can I have a clue?

You live in the same region! But if anyone is really stuck, it's in my picks and the gift is right by the official candy bucket.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Slenderman Bellisserian said:

Did somebody say Trick or Treat?

Did somebody say Trick or Treat would be easy?

Did somebody say "place the halloween candy by the front door in an easy to find location"?

Did somebody forget to say... The Bellisseria Slenderman does it his own way?

The EVIL way...

EEEEk!! 

/me looks for the full body alpha to hide

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.