Smoking: Influencing vs Programmability

Nalates Urriah

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Because I don't agree with those who believe all censorship is bad? lol

Like I said, you have to examine each case...the situation...the audience...the purpose for your artistic presentation.  People will naturally not agree on everything, but that is not an excuse to make a rigid rule such as "all censorship is wrong".

You are talking like each artistic rendering should go through some sort of peer review so you can have your say about whether it should be censored. Therein lies the problem already. "Democratic" censorship.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You are talking like each artistic rendering should go through some sort of peer review so you can have your say about whether it should be censored. Therein lies the problem already. "Democratic" censorship.

You are being too literal.

There is no censorship regarding smoking.

Each artist has to decide for themselves whether they think it's okay to glamorize a habit that kills so many people each year. 

And I'm free to disagree with their decision and believe their choice is wrong if they glamorize something that harms others.

Now with the presentation of that art, obviously photos glamorizing smoking would be inappropriate in the halls of a school...or at a health center...so situations must be taken into account.

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:
5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Then be clearer about your meanings. A number of your recent posts are implying censorship by vote.

No ...I never implied a censorship by vote....I'm saying others might agree or disagree according to any particular situation.  This is an imaginary situation...there is no voting booth (at least not in most cases).  

7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

You really have no ability to cope with nuance and uncertainty, do you?

6 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

And just as I predicted.  No argument so you resort to petty come backs.  My question was valid.  Who decides what is acceptable?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My question was valid.  Who decides what is acceptable?

Everybody does. Everybody is responsible. It's not only the artist who gets to decide what society should accept in their creations...at least not if they offer their creations to the public.

Edited by Luna Bliss

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Everybody does. Everybody is responsible. It's not only the artist who gets to decide what society should accept in their creations...at least not if they offer their creations to the public.

Ok, well since my smoking.picture is posted,.I've decided that you all are adults and should be able to decide for yourself whether it entices you to smoke.or not.  I did glamorize it just a tad.  Accept it,.don't accept it.  Love it or hate it, I honestly couldn't care less.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:
10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ok, well since my smoking.picture is posted,.I've decided that you all are adults and should be able to decide for yourself whether it entices you to smoke.or not.  I did glamorize it just a tad.  Accept it,.don't accept it.  Love it or hate it, I honestly couldn't care less.  

I'm happy you decided to glamorize a behavior that kills half a million in the U.S. each year.   You are truly free now    :)

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Rowen, how dare you post something like that. If only there was a way for me to prevent you posting such abhorrent visuals.

*puts on my tin foil thinking hat*

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Chris Nova said:

I am requesting you stop complaining about something you literally have zero control over.

It's actually those who are so obsessed with censorship and a perceived loss of freedom that are doing the complaining on this thread.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1008 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.