Do you know someone who has hired voice actors in SL?

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Just wondering. I just had a crazy but not really serious idea of getting someone to voice my female accounts....

Is there some male that you want them to think you are a real female in RL? 

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I'm sure there are voice changer software on the market.

There are even voice changers in SL for premium members, but it was not at all clear how you were supposed to set them up after you acquire them, and I didn't try that hard as I don't voice anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

If you want to have conversations in real time, a voice morpher would seem a better option.

A lot of people say they can tell the difference, but I'm not used to hearing it and unless it's done very badly, it would probably fool me.

For me it depends on a morpher itself, how much voice is changed and if I am used to hearing original voice or not. In one gaming community I am a part of (outside of SL) voice morpher are super popular, for all sorts of reasons. With strangers I have about 50/50 chance of detecting a morpher. With friends - they use it to make their voice a tad louder, not even changing the actual tone, and I can detect it. 

Some morpher leave unnatural feedback, no matter how carefully you tweak them. Some don't. It is trial and error. 

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.