What has happened to VirtualVerse.one?

Soen Eber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's not like Cris to let the domain expire. If anyone can contact him in RL, please do so. I'm starting to worry because I haven't seen him post on VVO in some time now. The delta variant is bad where he lives as I understand things.

Edit: Following links on the bottom of the page brings you to how to renew the domain page and if you scroll down, people have been having problems with paying for the domain but it being pulled as expired. On top of that, there doesn't seem to be any way to contact the company by phone.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

Still not up on Edge. No I'm not changing to another browser and having to go through all the crap of changing everything over and then back again. And again. And again. No. Done with the bs. *sighs* I'll wait.

Edit: It's back up on Edge now.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Thanks 1

I've had this with several places recently, the advice seems to be "clear cookies for that site" and it does seem to work.

The other gotcha I'm still trying to comprehend is that some sites are not https enabled, but a lot of browsers by default attempt to establish an https connection and consequently fail. Chopping off the trailing s in the address bar is the only way to convince the browser that you really do know better than it this time.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

It's a shame; VirtualVerse never really seemed to catch on after the rename. I used to be on the old discussion board a LOT back in the day.

It is the same there as over here: Every pet peeve about SL is discussed by now on the forums for at least a gazillion and a half times.
Every oldbie interested in the forums has said everything that can and has to be said several times in his/her lifetime by now.
So regulars are drifting slowly away over here and over there. It shows that SL has 18 years on its shoulders and very little new exciting stuff to offer.

I notice it with my own posting habits as well. It is slowly decreasing from several posts a day to several a week.
I still read a lot at both sides, but often don't bother to react again on the same old topics.

It is almost impossible when one is 10+ years with Circus Second Life, that one is still as enthusiastic as in the early days to discuss the show and share about it.
And most regular forum members are in the 10+ club.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

@Sid Nagy Well said, I feel that way with most forums now as well as social media.  The strange thing is, the desire to communicate with strangers over the internet persists, even though I can guess the sort of replies I will get, as well as usually guess the motivation behind the replies, that desire to talk with others lingers.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It's not like Cris to let the domain expire. If anyone can contact him in RL, please do so. I'm starting to worry because I haven't seen him post on VVO in some time now. The delta variant is bad where he lives as I understand things.

I checked his forum account here and it has only been a tad over a week since his latest post - a picture in the 'How does your avatar look today' thread on Sat, the 11th.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.