Can we Add more prims onto linden homes

nathanoc Enimo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 minutes ago, nathanoc Enimo said:

is there a way we can purchase more prims for the house or are we restricted which is a pity

it is not restricted, it has the normal amount of Li /prims for the size of land.
If you really need more, you can move to mainland or rent on estates.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, nathanoc Enimo said:

Hi Alwin,

How to i move to mainland from a linden home in valley side. is the mainland much bigger then the linden homes example prims and size of land? 

thank you 

the mainland has sizes between 16 and 65536 sqm land, with the same Li/prim per sqm so the bigger the parcel, the more Li/prims.
a big BUT now ... the mainland is in general nót developed, you need your own house, own landscaping ...
and... if your possible neighbour wants to be a annoyance..within some limits he can be that...(many neighbours are fine.
Many users hate the mainland for the free style..(can get a mess... :) ) others love it.

Also a big difference with Linden Home... you have to buy the mainland, you won't get it as your LH, and only the first 1024 sqm is free of tier.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nathanoc Enimo said:

Hi All,

I have became a premium member recently however i have designed my home but i cannot add anymore into the house is there a way we can purchase more prims for the house or are we restricted which is a pity 

Hope Ya'll can get back to me 

I will say 351 LI for a linden home is actually very good if you know how to decorate in a way that is low LI.... when choosing items try to stay way from things with a heavy LI impact.  For example beds can run anywhere from a few LI all the way upto some obnoxious amount like 40 or 50.

Another thing you can learn is that certain decorative items when linked together will reduce LI.  I only buy items that are copy/mod that way they can be linked and even be tested on.... Try taking a copy of several mesh items (no furniture with poses though) and linking them together through edit and see if the LI goes down. If it goes up well just delete the test copy and keep them unlinked.  In many cases it does go down and you can find that you just stretched the amount of content you can fit into that 351 LI space.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Evangeline hit it on the head. You would be amazed on how much you can have out in a Linden home if you use the technique she mentioned. I link pretty much everything BUT furniture with animations in it or things like ceiling fans that are spinning. I link so much together that I sometimes hit the link set limit and have to start a new link set. Not only that, but I find this way nice for moving too. I can pick up my big link set and name it the house it goes with and move and plop it back down and move it into place in minutes and have a near furnished home.

One mainland, a 1024 parcel with also have 351 prims. You will have to buy the parcel and prices vary a great deal. You will have to supply your own home and landscaping, which will eat up a good chunk of those prims. Furthermore, you will not get more prims for the free allowance without paying more tier and buying a bigger mainland parcel. The plus side is you can do whatever you want there as long as you are following the maturity ratings of the land and the TOS.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

If you really want more LI per parcel and are willing to pay for it, you can buy a lot on Horizons. The land there has gotten to be very expensive, but it does have a double LI allowance of 702 LI per parcel -- and comes as empty lot so you can purchase/place the house of your choice. The price has almost doubled since I bought mine. The cheapest lot I could find on the map near me was 92,150L many of them were over 150,000L and some of the more premium spots over 200,000L. So definitely not cheap

But if you really want to increase land allowance, you can buy two on the same region  and have allowance of 1404LI. Linden homes are only 1 per owner, so you cant gain more LI by having 2 houses on same region.. but on horizons you can own more than 1 (assuming you are willing to pay for it). If you search around you can probably find better prices than my quick look of the map in my area.

Edited by Teresa Firelight
fixed typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A bit more on horizons.. Horizons has some of the protections of Bellisseria, but not many of them. You cant teraform but there is nothing that keeps your neighbors from putting up eyesores, no restrictions on heights of skyboxes, ban lines are allowed, so are short warning security orbs, etc.

Some of the horizons neighborhoods are quite nice.. such as the one on Ophelia where I have a house. But in my opinion, they are not nearly as beautiful as the Bellisseria ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm holding out hope that the (now delayed) Extra Premium Accounts will include a LI boost for our Linden homes. I'd be willing to pay a bit more for my premium membership if it gave me more LI to play with.  Considering how many of my neighbors have ZERO objects on their land, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't hurt the performance of the region.  I was cruising around a Victorian area, and at least 50% of the houses had NO owner objects in them (including no skyboxes etc).   These were homes that have been owned for 6 months or a year, and nobody has even so much as placed a sex bed down.  I honestly don't know why they even want an empty plot if they're never going to use it.   There's a Vic plot right now I'd kill to have, but the person owning it is letting it sit empty. 

26 minutes ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

These were homes that have been owned for 6 months or a year, and nobody has even so much as placed a sex bed down.  I honestly don't know why they even want an empty plot if they're never going to use it.   There's a Vic plot right now I'd kill to have, but the person owning it is letting it sit empty. 

Maybe they're dead (like Premium Plus).

• Haha 1

On 7/7/2021 at 1:22 AM, Lysistrata Szapira said:

I honestly don't know why they even want an empty plot if they're never going to use it.  

so what you say is in fact, the people who own a parcel, but don't use it as you want, have to let their rights transfer to you because you think you have the right to claim it.

It's always been the goal for Linden Homes... give a first taste of owning a place ( some stay forever) but if your needs get bigger  you'll have to move to mainland or estates.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

22 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

These were homes that have been owned for 6 months or a year, and nobody has even so much as placed a sex bed down.  I honestly don't know why they even want an empty plot if they're never going to use it. 

You have no idea how the house is being used, the owner might've died in RL due to covid or something else or they only use it to change/somewhere if their home region is unavailable or unless you've flown between 2000 - 4096m on every "empty" property they may have a sky dwelling rezzed.

Premium accounts have the right to claim a property if they have enough tier going spare and can use it how they like as long as it complies with the covenant

You don't have to fly up to check for skyboxes because the 'Objects' tab in 'About Land' will tell you whether anything has been rezzed on the parcel (in Firestorm, anyway; no idea about the official viewer). So yes, many homes on Bellisseria are unused, just as many of the old Linden homes were unused. I think in some cases people just stop playing SL or switch to an alt and forget they even had premium on that account, let alone where their house was. Or they lose the landmark and can't figure out how to get a new one. Or they have multiple houses and don't have time to decorate them all. People are weird.

• Like 4

I think the draw of the new linden homes apart from their aesthetic is the challenge of decorating on that set amount of allowance. That is why I love doing it. Sure it can be great to be on an estate or mainland parcel and go wild with that but seeing how people create within the limits is always fun. Especially with campers at an even smaller limit :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Chloe Bunny said:

I think the draw of the new linden homes apart from their aesthetic is the challenge of decorating on that set amount of allowance. That is why I love doing it. Sure it can be great to be on an estate or mainland parcel and go wild with that but seeing how people create within the limits is always fun. Especially with campers at an even smaller limit :)

Linden homes are easier to decorate than a house on the same size parcel anywhere else in SL*

Linden homes come with a zero Li house.

* with the exception of double prim Horizons, but you're gonna need a 6 figure L$ balance to get one.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.