How Does Your SL Look Today?

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You want me to set you up with Cinn?

Well . . . do you have any prior experience as a "business manager"?

Also, I want 15%.

experience, yes

success at it, not so much.

So does that mean you will cover 15% of the losses?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You probably know this, but you can import PBR maps as "local" files, just as you can Blinn-Phong ones. Then when you adjust the map in whatever software you're using, it will update in-world. The catch is that only you would be able to see it.

I'm not sure I understand what you did here. This is a picture of a picture, mounted on a prim with PBR maps?

Thanks!!! I have worked with local files before, but I end up saving new copies of things, instead of updating. I always end up with a mess, where I can't remember which ones  are local files LOL!!! 

The pic I posted isn't a material on a prim.. It's just a pic with a fotosketcher filter. I ran it through Adobe Substance Sampler afterwards to create the various maps for the material. Then I combined them into a gltf, and uploaded it as a material. Then I put it on a prim. I didn't have time to take a pic of it, but I have to go back to Substance Sampler to readjust paramaters. I want the surface rougher.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SandorWren said:
5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm not sure I understand what you did here. This is a picture of a picture, mounted on a prim with PBR maps?

<snip>

The pic I posted isn't a material on a prim.. It's just a pic with a fotosketcher filter. I ran it through Adobe Substance Sampler afterwards to create the various maps for the material. Then I combined them into a gltf, and uploaded it as a material. Then I put it on a prim. I didn't have time to take a pic of it, but I have to go back to Substance Sampler to readjust paramaters. I want the surface rougher.

..Is Inception!!!

IMG_9067.jpeg.caef8419035549cbcf677240d306660e.jpeg

• Haha 1

TPing to random spots today, ended up in Hell before logging off. Barely noticed that Firestorm added the dutch angle buttons within the camera controls at the last second. LOL... used them to compose my angle, then grabbed this shot. I was running the latest FS alpha, not sure if those buttons are in the 'stable' PBR release.

Hell-JF-Aug152024.jpg

Edited by JeromFranzic
clarity
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

TPing to random spots today, ended up in Hell before logging off. Barely noticed that Firestorm added the dutch angle buttons within the camera controls at the last second. LOL... used them to compose my angle, then grabbed this shot. I was running the latest FS alpha, not sure if those buttons are in the 'stable' PBR release.

Hell-JF-Aug152024.jpg

Artful!

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, JeromFranzic said:

Barely noticed that Firestorm added the dutch angle buttons within the camera controls at the last second.

Hm, where? Not seeing it on my end ..

Edit: Oh, just re-read and caught the last bit. Facepalms.

Edited by Orwar
Having the attention span of a toddler
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Checking out the changes to Welcome Island.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e88fbc7a0b68cf1e41e60f0d9f741e6.jpeg

They've added new exhibits, this one has a yavascript pod, which moves around.  A bit too small for a regular sized avatar, so I wore one of my pixie avatars. Look a volcano! 

Snapshot_196.thumb.jpg.83319d85b97892cdde179607020a11ea.jpg

This is an older exhibit, but it too has a place for me to lounge around in.

Snapshot_202.thumb.jpg.6bc3be3ae02e5f8a4911bef81b08ff88.jpg

A new exhibit, where you can squish slimes.  I got the high score 🏆

Snapshot_208.thumb.jpg.a2cf45f515581c4fb22bcca348905ece.jpg

Linden has added go carts to the welcome hub city, I had fun running into the tires and watching them bounce all over the place, there are also ducks that you need to avoid.

Snapshot_211.thumb.jpg.a2fa9e8febdf3696e249000ca4dff7c5.jpg

RIP little duck, I just walked to pet him, and he fell over.. poor thing. 😭

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

8 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Checking out the changes to Welcome Island.

image.thumb.jpeg.1e88fbc7a0b68cf1e41e60f0d9f741e6.jpeg

They've added new exhibits, this one has a yavascript pod, which moves around.  A bit too small for a regular sized avatar, so I wore one of my pixie avatars. Look a volcano! 

Snapshot_196.thumb.jpg.83319d85b97892cdde179607020a11ea.jpg

This is an older exhibit, but it too has a place for me to lounge around in.

Snapshot_202.thumb.jpg.6bc3be3ae02e5f8a4911bef81b08ff88.jpg

A new exhibit, where you can squish slimes.  I got the high score 🏆

Snapshot_208.thumb.jpg.a2cf45f515581c4fb22bcca348905ece.jpg

Linden has added go carts to the welcome hub city, I had fun running into the tires and watching them bounce all over the place, there are also ducks that you need to avoid.

Snapshot_211.thumb.jpg.a2fa9e8febdf3696e249000ca4dff7c5.jpg

RIP little duck, I just walked to pet him, and he fell over.. poor thing. 😭

What a convenient place for a volcano . Right beside the newbie spawns 😈

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

What a convenient place for a volcano . Right beside the newbie spawns 😈

The harvest shall be good this season!

Snapshot_214.thumb.png.bae1850fe660e8bb7d430d575c9e5d7d.png

/me pushes noob down further

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 6
  • Haha 9

Posted (edited)

I tested a much rougher "combined normals" version  (that WAS a bit difficult combining normals in photoshop) of the pic I took yesterday. These ARE both on prims. I could see a use for the rougher one, but definitely NOT to hang in a gallery, unless a pic needs to be on a VERY rough surface. The first is what I had made yesterday. The second is a result of today's experiments. If I want some light scratches, the normals DEFINITELY need toning down. A LOT!!! They are both PBR materials on the prims. These are raw pics btw.

Celia Pic on prim no scratches.jpg

Celia pic on Prim Scratches.jpg

Edited by SandorWren
  • Like 10

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Carolyn Zapedzki said:

It looks wonderful image.png.d23dfe29e03ae5471a2781b3510c9e45.png

I got that with older non PBR versions too. Many times. Especially if I forgot to turn my VPN off.

Edited by SandorWren
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Nando Yip said:

I have to change my avatar weekly... it's not vanity, it's curiosity... I always think: what if I put a little bit of this, and a few more points there... is it just me?

agostog56_2024-08-15_15430501.thumb.png.2c4f9f227247e2f173d602572b70e30c.png

Add a few wrinkles, and it's Walter White!! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nando Yip said:

I have to change my avatar weekly... it's not vanity, it's curiosity... I always think: what if I put a little bit of this, and a few more points there... is it just me?

agostog56_2024-08-15_15430501.thumb.png.2c4f9f227247e2f173d602572b70e30c.png

Not every week, but my avatar is never finished. I might be happy now, but eventually something will start to bug me, then I fix it and continue till the next thing. Maybe fixing it isn’t the right word. I recently went from having 20/20 vision to needing glasses.

• Like 4