How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

Just now, Istelathis said:

While driving around, I found a duck!

Snapshot_469.thumb.jpg.4b11811e1aa85aab83272f5a64e1dfa9.jpg

I clicked him and he would quack.  I started making songs out of his quacks, then worried I was pinging the owner every time I clicked it so I stopped.  When I looked at the property and saw that it was owned by a person who owns tiny parcels all over the place, including one right near my mainland parcel.  He tends to update his micro parcels with different objects, sometimes a SL hand flipping people off, sometimes a hand giving a peace sign, sometimes prim christmas trees, this is the first time I saw a duck.  

Snapshot_470.thumb.jpg.b84aecb2f6aec8b3afab6d15f6685b5a.jpg

So I teleported back home, hoping to see a duck but alas, no duck.  

Snapshot_471.thumb.jpg.3a3ce9792c9cd0f6bc2d86dbfe069730.jpg

I decided to put a duck of my own up for a while, staring at the hand.  

You have the most interesting and random adventures!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You have the most interesting and random adventures!

I know right! 🤣 I am always finding things that I get a kick from, randomly stumbling upon ducks is always a delight, as well as all of the other things I randomly find while venturing around in my car.  I've been looking for ducks in SL for a while, including the mega duck, which lurks somewhere in SL.. I have yet to find him in the wild though, I think he may be phased into another reality.

• Haha 2

Setting up a custom animator tool, for drones going around, doing stuff.
Relative to the object so every build can have its own drone taking care of it, even i move it in other position.

This is slowly welding in a line, ...btw the welder sparkle is very fast to catch in a photo...

20240115_001.thumb.png.6b37bc1c46d8865173f86198074d22f0.png

20240115_003.thumb.png.fd3cdb0880d28fd5b89cc068ad0bee76.png

• Like 9

The two most difficult pics I have taken since I've been in SL. Seriously. Cinny and I (in my alt) were surrounded by animated Monarch butterflies, and we were dancing all over the place...quickly. She said I should turn DOF off to make it easier, but I said "NOOOO". To me, it would have been cheating if I created DOF in "post" in this situation. Phew...that WAS hard!!!

Ciny and istvan dancing Buterrflies.jpg

Ciny and Sandor Dancing Buterflies second 2.jpg

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 5

Trying to get Cat to install the Firestorm PBR Alpha Viewer this morning. She's not overly concerned...Except when she can't see into her own house, and doesn't understand why!!! It seems a room sized reflection probe kept her from being able to cam and/or zoom in. 

Sandor and Cat PBR convince Sandor.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6

On 1/18/2024 at 1:47 PM, SodaGnome said:

Tarzan Goes To The Beach

Image125.png

But he doesn't look like Johnny Weissmuller...Well maybe slightly, except for the hair...

MV5BZTI0NDUyOTctM2QzMS00ZDgzLThhZWEtY2Fl

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

My turn.  No DoF in mine, but I like them just fine.  I did eventually log out of the PBR viewer to go back to the one without it because I couldn't get the colors I wanted especially the water EEPs.  They were all bright blue where they should have been white and I couldn't unsee it.  Also, I couldn't upload a pic to my feed with the Firestorm PBR viewer.

The bridge looks a little rickety.  Are you going to go across it?  I don't know.  Are you?  Should we draw straws to see who tests the safety?

image.thumb.jpeg.d4523376e41ca1604b97e1e69637595d.jpeg

A waltz in a kaleidoscope of butterflies

image.thumb.jpeg.e4e56d502b86eeabe008bf8fed46cf12.jpeg

• Like 8

I went to see Scylla's exhibit. Her work is wonderful. as always. Kudos Scyll!!

I was by myself. That gallery doesn't really lend itself well to that IMHO. I could go to the Kondor center alone to see artworks, and not feel lonely. But somehow that gallery did.

Scylla's "containers" theme made me want to experiment with different clothes and AV's while I was at her exhibit. I came in a suit, Then crossdressed, then as a woman, and finally as a dog. I felt totally comfortable in my regular AV, and in my female AV. Very uncomfortable crossdressed, or as a dog. Because those are purely for fun, and not for something serious. This is where Scylla's point about containers comes in. We adjust ourselves to match the container we are going into. Our perception of the container's expectations adjusts us. 

Sandor at Scyla's show.jpg

Sandor Suit.jpg

Sandor Crosdresed.jpg

Sandy big Butt.jpg

Dog.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

My turn.  No DoF in mine, but I like them just fine.  I did eventually log out of the PBR viewer to go back to the one without it because I couldn't get the colors I wanted especially the water EEPs.  They were all bright blue where they should have been white and I couldn't unsee it.  Also, I couldn't upload a pic to my feed with the Firestorm PBR viewer.

The bridge looks a little rickety.  Are you going to go across it?  I don't know.  Are you?  Should we draw straws to see who tests the safety?

image.thumb.jpeg.d4523376e41ca1604b97e1e69637595d.jpeg

A waltz in a kaleidoscope of butterflies

image.thumb.jpeg.e4e56d502b86eeabe008bf8fed46cf12.jpeg

I love the shot you took with the "gramophone"!!!

We've both walked across bridges that looked very stable, but yet crumbled beneath our feet. Maybe this one...the  one that looks so rickety, might be the most stable of all of them. No need to draw straws. I'll go first.

Edited by Bagnu
spelling
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Bagnu said:

Scylla's "containers" theme made me want to experiment with different clothes and AV's while I was at her exhibit. I came in a suit, Then crossdressed, then as a woman, and finally as a dog. I felt totally comfortable in my regular AV, and in my female AV. Very uncomfortable crossdressed, or as a dog. Because those are purely for fun, and not for something serious. This is where Scylla's point about containers comes in. We adjust ourselves to match the container we are going into. Our perception of the container's expectations adjusts us.

Interesting insight, Sandor! I didn't think to extend the idea of "containers" to physical (or virtual) bodies. I think you're right! I may steal this idea later!

12 hours ago, Bagnu said:

was by myself. That gallery doesn't really lend itself well to that IMHO. I could go to the Kondor center alone to see artworks, and not feel lonely. But somehow that gallery did.

Also interesting! I love the Kondor Art Center, but I like IMAGO a lot too -- I think because it's very "warm" feeling. That may even have influenced my pics a bit?

But it's always more fun to see stuff with someone else in tow anyway!

Thanks for the kind words!

• Like 2

On 1/19/2024 at 12:35 AM, Bagnu said:

The two most difficult pics I have taken since I've been in SL. Seriously. Cinny and I (in my alt) were surrounded by animated Monarch butterflies, and we were dancing all over the place...quickly. She said I should turn DOF off to make it easier, but I said "NOOOO". To me, it would have been cheating if I created DOF in "post" in this situation. Phew...that WAS hard!!!

Ciny and istvan dancing Buterrflies.jpg

Ciny and Sandor Dancing Buterflies second 2.jpg

This is a shot for viewer DoF. Cinn's hair and the monarchs would be a difficult separation. I find even AI selection in a case like has problems when colors are similar.

If I wanted a high quality editable image I would use freeze frame and take color and depth captures. Then do the depth in PS with Filter->Lens Blur. I would probably tweak the depth map to increase contrast turning Cinn and you into 100% black.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

This is a shot for viewer DoF. Cinn's hair and the monarchs would be a difficult separation. I find even AI selection in a case like has problems when colors are similar.

If I wanted a high quality editable image I would use freeze frame and take color and depth captures. Then do the depth in PS with Filter->Lens Blur. I would probably tweak the depth map to increase contrast turning Cinn and you into 100% black.

I thought of doing it in post, and capturing depth maps, etc. I simply wanted to do it "live", and not "cheat". We were dancing all over the place, and very rapidly!!!

We weren't staging this btw. It's really what we were doing at the time. We were having fun, and suddenly switching to "photo mode" would have interfered with that.

Cat could finally see her reflection!!!  But...she couldn't see my hair!!! It seems the MAC version of The Firestorm PBR Alpha has issues with alphas unless shadows are turned off. 

Cat in front of Mirror Sandorr.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Cat could finally see her reflection!!!  But...she couldn't see my hair!!! It seems the MAC version of The Firestorm PBR Alpha has issues with alphas unless shadows are turned off. 

Cat in front of Mirror Sandorr.png

Good work; you have definitely put in a ton to time and effort on mastering this!  Be proud and celebrate!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Interesting insight, Sandor! I didn't think to extend the idea of "containers" to physical (or virtual) bodies. I think you're right! I may steal this idea later!

Also interesting! I love the Kondor Art Center, but I like IMAGO a lot too -- I think because it's very "warm" feeling. That may even have influenced my pics a bit?

But it's always more fun to see stuff with someone else in tow anyway!

Thanks for the kind words!

Thanks!!! I feel our virtual bodies DO influence us. 

The Kondor Center is actually gone now. It doesn't show up in search, and the LM landed me in mid air!!!

pics_241.png

• Like 5

At the 'Mainframe' cyberpunk event - demoing this all PBR materials skybox.

image.thumb.jpeg.8a43684684d986ad665d0a9ba81e5100.jpeg

This PBR stuff looks amazing.

image.thumb.jpeg.d59cbc1a613e4e897832ae5ec3174e07.jpeg

A second PBR skybox was more subtle but has this really nice wood grain to it's floor:

InputZero_012023_003.thumb.jpg.7ddf139de9dd036f6469c3ef322c3ac5.jpg

On the side edge of the wood there's an alignment issue though - but likely easy to fix.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2