How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

41 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hilarious.

Sad fact: I go dancing weekly at the same places, on Friday and Sunday nights. And I do make efforts not to wear the same outfit twice to either. So . . . I buy a lot of dresses.

But that's not the fault of either the men or women in attendance. That's on me. And arguably it is at least in part because of the influence of the fashion industry, advertising, popular media and culture, etc. I am self-aware enough to recognize it, but don't care enough to buck it.

LMAO, this entire conversation reminds me of a VERY NSFW segment of a Katt Williams standup show where he basically says there's never been a time in history where a guy changed his mind about being with a woman because her finger nails and toe nails didn't match. 🤣🤣🤣

It's kind of true! All this stuff is in our own heads. Men so rarely care and the ones who are very into fashion themselves are a bit too preoccupied with their own primping.  😂

Edited by Ayashe Ninetails
Grammaring
  • Like 6
  • Haha 2

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

LMAO, this entire conversation reminds me of a VERY NSFW segment of a Katt Williams' standup show where he basically says there's never been a time in history where a guy changed his mind about being with a woman because her finger nails and toe nails didn't match. 🤣🤣🤣

It's kind of true! All this stuff is in our own heads. Men so rarely care and the ones who are very into fashion themselves are a bit too preoccupied with their own primping.  😂

Is it true that women are more often dressing for "other women"?

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Don't care?

My regular Sunday night dance partner barely notices that I'm even wearing clothes.

"So, new dress! Do you like it?"

"Well, it certainly is very red, isn't it?"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I don't even know how to answer this. Is that a thing? I dunno. I don't date women so, no offense ladies, I don't care what ya think! ❤️😂

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Don't care?

My regular Sunday night dance partner barely notices that I'm even wearing clothes.

🤣 In RL, the only thing I ever had men comment on are my shoes. Usually due to the fact that they'd be making bets as to how long it'd take me to fall down a flight of stairs. Elevated platforms are my JAM (and my nemesis).

In SL, it's usually just them critiquing how much metal I'm currently sporting in my face. HMPF. How dare.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Don't care?

Bonus, if a man compliments you on your dress in a creepy way, compliment him on the smell of his colon.

* mis-spelled purposefully.

colon.jpg

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

My SL on any given day may look EXACTLY like another day because I re-wear clothes all the time.  I have tons of old "comfortable" outfits - some are quite old, but good quality.  

I still have way more clothing items than I'll ever be able to get to, but I definitely have favorites.  No one has ever commented on me wearing the same outfit.

• Like 7

54 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'd agree mostly with what Ayashe said. I don't think I've ever dressed, in SL or RL, and thought "Gosh, I wonder if the other women will notice and approve?"

That said, women are interested, generally, in what other women are wearing, even if we are not dressing for them. There's a reason most women have the "What Is She Wearing" hud -- and that it's called "What Is She Wearing." Note too that most of the posters in the avatar threads, and most of the chatter there, is coming from women. On the little Discord that I share with my posse of close gfs, we have very well-used channels for "Fashion" and "Shopping Events," where we post pics of our latest acquisitions. And it's with them I've been playing the "fashion challenge."

Women are also just a much more discerning and appreciative audience. Probably 99% of the comments I've ever received, in either world, on my outfits have come from women, not from men.

So, no, I don't think most of us dress for other women.  Mostly we dress, as Leora says above, for ourselves. But we do tend to have this shared interest.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'd agree mostly with what Ayashe said. I don't think I've ever dressed, in SL or RL, and thought "Gosh, I wonder if the other women will notice and approve?"

That said, women are interested, generally, in what other women are wearing, even if we are not dressing for them. There's a reason most women have the "What Is She Wearing" hud -- and that it's called "What Is She Wearing." Note too that most of the posters in the avatar threads, and most of the chatter there, is coming from women. On the little Discord that I share with my posse of close gfs, we have very well-used channels for "Fashion" and "Shopping Events," where we post pics of our latest acquisitions. And it's with them I've been playing the "fashion challenge."

Women are also just a much more discerning and appreciative audience. Probably 99% of the comments I've ever received, in either world, on my outfits have come from women, not from men.

So, no, I don't think most of us dress for other women. But we do tend to have this shared interest.

Very interesting! (This is the wrong thread to dig into the potential contradictions that I see!)

At the same time, if someone were to show up wearing the same outfit, it can result in drama just like RL (plus the possibility that someone does it "on purpose" to copy you). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

At the same time, if someone were to show up wearing the same outfit, it can result in drama just like RL

I have NEVER seen this happen. On the very rare occasions where I have come wearing the same outfit (and it's REALLY rare), we've joked about it. 

If I knew someone were wearing a particular outfit to an event that I might wear, I'd avoid wearing it. But "drama"???? Naaaaah.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In a sense though, we DO dress for other people. I wouldn't show up at a formal event RL or SL dressed in jeans, or in a 17th century outfit. Other people don't either. Yes, we choose what we like, but it's all within the confines of what's acceptable in society at the time, and the occasion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Exactly; my joke about the concert hall just north of a local college is that one can expect to see anything from white tie to pajamas at a concert or opera there.

LOL, but I bet there wouldn't be any loin cloths!!!

8 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

My SL on any given day may look EXACTLY like another day because I re-wear clothes all the time.  I have tons of old "comfortable" outfits - some are quite old, but good quality.  

I still have way more clothing items than I'll ever be able to get to, but I definitely have favorites.  No one has ever commented on me wearing the same outfit.

I've seen you wear the same outfit a few times, but I liked it. Changing isn't always better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I have my clothes back on and all my shopping done.  Everything a girl needs for a fun and relaxing evening at home:

BagofDicks_001.jpg.230b2a2078a4c9dd29ce778521764db8.jpg

LOL, what? Your clothes back on? You went shopping without them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1