How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

13 hours ago, AshleighRiley said:

She looks as annoyed as I feel right now.  Can anyone tell me how to remove the dark shadow on the legs.  It's on the tummy as well.  Thank you.

https://gyazo.com/04aefedee6a6ecaa4b7688be8fcf11d1

I use the lelutka evox head, maitreya lara body and mila skins.  I think its a lighting issue, but I'm not sure what I changed. Thanks!

I say it is s lighting issue. Sandor's thinking it is the dress... naw.

I didn't catch which viewer you are using. Assuming it is Firestorm... Click through to Personal Lighting.

image.png.833859542f48e66b9f2590f56958cce2.png You can see part of the Personal Lighting panel behind the menus Slide that yellow dot/ball around and see if the shadows move. If they do it is a lighting issue.

You can also click one the 5 options; Sunrise, Midday, ... etc. and see if the change. Also, notice the shortcut keys. It is possible to mistype something and change your environment.

13 hours ago, BillFletcher said:

Yes I know it happens in all viewers but it seems several people were not ever rendering at all and staying as a cloud, During this time I have been having no trouble using the SL viewer.

It may be a viewer issue. Go through the wiki's recommended fixes. Since it is only you and your viewer that are having the problem it is likely your computer, connection, or viewer settings.

If it were the viewer, we would all be having the problem.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I say it is s lighting issue. Sandor's thinking it is the dress... naw.

I didn't catch which viewer you are using. Assuming it is Firestorm... Click through to Personal Lighting.

image.png.833859542f48e66b9f2590f56958cce2.png You can see part of the Personal Lighting panel behind the menus Slide that yellow dot/ball around and see if the shadows move. If they do it is a lighting issue.

You can also click one the 5 options; Sunrise, Midday, ... etc. and see if the change. Also, notice the shortcut keys. It is possible to mistype something and change your environment.

It may be a viewer issue. Go through the wiki's recommended fixes. Since it is only you and your viewer that are having the problem it is likely your computer, connection, or viewer settings.

All I know is, removing the dress, and fiddling a bit with the Maitreya HUD settings a bit fixed the issue under the same lighting. It worked. No lighting changes required. But we also fiddled with skins. So I can't be totally sure of what caused the correction.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I didn't have any problem, I just noticed a lot of people here saying they did and so I wondered what they did differently than me. Since I use the Linden viewer i assumed the issue was with Firestorm.

• Like 1

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.e148af2d4bc4d8aab80c47f4da91ddb0.png

Snapshot doesn't do it justice, because I'm afraid I'll crash the laptop, but w00t, yayee for the pile of people hanging out for the live read for Lovecraft's birthday at Innsmouth~!

I wish I could display everyone properly, but we get some really fancy folks, and my laptop is an Elder Thing. I'm just glad the stars are aligned enough to take a snap.

• Like 12

47 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

snapthingy_001.thumb.png.e148af2d4bc4d8aab80c47f4da91ddb0.png

Snapshot doesn't do it justice, because I'm afraid I'll crash the laptop, but w00t, yayee for the pile of people hanging out for the live read for Lovecraft's birthday at Innsmouth~!

I wish I could display everyone properly, but we get some really fancy folks, and my laptop is an Elder Thing. I'm just glad the stars are aligned enough to take a snap.

I would've shown up, but I for sure would've crashed immediately.

There in ghoulish spirit, of course.

• Like 5

Just now, cariboustag said:

I would've shown up, but I for sure would've crashed immediately.

There in ghoulish spirit, of course.

I can't get voice to work, but I showed up anyway. I do that kinda thing tho. I'm just glad someone passed me a snap with better settings.

*props the laptop up on pencils, so it ventilates better*

XD

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

While searching various sites for a spacecraft, I found an abandoned ship left to rot in a shipyard, after talking to the owner I managed to purchase it for a few credits.  It has a lot of problems that need to be sorted out, I can't leave orbit unfortunately, but I can fly around and explore parts of the world.  I've been landing in various spots, looking for an engineer to fix the engines.

Snapshot_1335.thumb.png.e8bd42f28fd1f16d12805bafb5372995.png

So far, no security orbs have been encountered, I don't know how much longer I can fly without hitting one, my next stop is Millbank and then I'm off to  a galaxy ship somewhere in Bellisseria.  After I reach that destination, I think I will try to make it to Pyri Peaks and then the volcano.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I'm out exploring again, with my new outfit that I very much love 🤗

Snapshot_1330.thumb.png.d2538b28372967089095d47837506805.png

Snapshot_1328.thumb.jpg.145a64102d31cf09eeac562a4085c457.jpg

Now I'm looking for an inexpensive space craft I can fly around in.  

This is my favorite space craft. It's small, easy to maneuver, and very versatile.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Toad-Cargo-Ship/4622220

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This is my favorite space craft. It's small, easy to maneuver, and very versatile.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Toad-Cargo-Ship/4622220

I like that one 😊 At first glance it reminds me of my houseboat which I love because it has a little kitchen, bedroom, even bathroom in it.   I think I'll give it a try after I earn a few more linden :D 

• Like 5

So, I managed to make it to my final destination without hitting a single security orb.  Kudos to our moles for keeping Bellisseria as free as possible from those skymines 🤗

Snapshot_1338.thumb.jpg.6feeb6106ec0950a27da2454a3e76df2.jpg

My first stop on the Galaxy, surprisingly there was more than enough room to land my freight ship.  I picked up a few noobies here to drop off at the delivery point.  

Snapshot_1342.thumb.jpg.07beb5927a87e8a74118c60e3d76f530.jpg

Flying low in Bellisseria, getting some magnificent views as I corner around the land from the safety of the sea.  Whenever I had to cross land I would elevate myself to above 500 meters as to keep with the guidelines.  It would get pretty boring from that height though because I couldn't see anything other than the sky - strangely enough not one skybox was encountered along the way, people are paying attention to the rules apparently, good on them.

Snapshot_1343.thumb.jpg.55eba128d64e9f3fca8c2219314df072.jpg

Here I went for a bit of rest and relaxation, I was given a ticket and went down a tunnel.. then I landed somewhere strange 😨

Snapshot_1345.thumb.jpg.e694f3e0247baa1530f4613d8a6c441e.jpg

I explored this strange underground labyrinth for a short time, it was filled with treasures and adventure, but ultimately I met my fate before getting to the main treasure, thankfully it was easy enough to get back to my ship.  The merchandise was still intact thankfully, those nooblets have to be delivered intact!

Snapshot_1348.thumb.jpg.e8a22e0e9deea8d1e19cdc43feac6edd.jpg

After much travelling, I finally reached my destination and unloaded the merchandise to appease the SL gods (not Anubis though, he is a snob that never gives me my long island iced tea 😡)  There was a lot of protest from the merchandise, but eventually they all went to their destination.

Snapshot_paint1.thumb.jpg.94844349502a80f59e1a21f3a2a9c4f5.jpg

I logged out of Firestorm and relogged in using CoolVL to check out the viewer, it has been a while since I used it last, this is a screenshot I took from the cockpit.  Distance at 256 meters now, good FPS, hopefully I can get some great views of the mainland from the sea.

Now I'm off to wander the coasts and take in the scenes, while carefully avoiding people's property.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Still no inspiration to make something today, so I decided to go sightseeing once more.
In the destinations guide I saw Goblins Knob in Frogmore (242,148,3024).

And I must say, it is one of the best places I visited in a long time. A really must see. It seems only to be temporary.
My advise: Make sure not to miss it.

aodimNg.jpg

YeBN0Rb.jpg

Halloween comes early this year.

tLP9xzh.jpg

Now I need to find a suitable costume and go back for some more pictures.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1