How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

I took down my exhibit and my little plot is empty. I can't help but feel a bit sad that the party's over.  Some neighbors have yet to take down theirs, so I'll get in a last shot before the Moles close off the region until next year.

original_64b8af1c15684f77576b98c5.png

• Like 14

No one can resist a red mane. That's amazing you said that, we were actually looking on flickr at some guy's hairstyles that look good on girls. Were you standing outside? Next time come in and say hello.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cirleen said:

No one can resist a red mane. That's amazing you said that, we were actually looking on flickr at some guy's hairstyles that look good on girls. Were you standing outside? Next time come in and say hello.

Being Neko Lion, I mostly wear red/reddish-brown long hair styles, so...manes!  

Unfortunately in SL, I've mostly only found Women's hair that works well in that category.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Clem Marques said:

I was sailing and couldn't resist the urge to take a picture of this stunning island in the Bertrada region, built by the Linden Moles. For those who are curious, here is the location's SLurl: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bertrada/137/139/21

That region plus the next four, Gisela, Adelais, Lothair & Hildegard make up a little quest with a prize at the end

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I took down my exhibit and my little plot is empty. I can't help but feel a bit sad that the party's over.  Some neighbors have yet to take down theirs, so I'll get in a last shot before the Moles close off the region until next year.

original_64b8af1c15684f77576b98c5.png

I did not realize this one was yours, I really enjoyed it when I visited 🙃  It was nice to explore the home in my smaller avatar, and thought it was put together very well. 

I think there were two different entrances right? I think perhaps on different parcels, I remember going into one and ending up in another when I visited.  I wish we had more time to explore SL20, I would have liked to have gone back to it at a later time.  Unfortunately, even with the extra week I did not have much of a chance to log into SL.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I did not realize this one was yours, I really enjoyed it when I visited 🙃  It was nice to explore the home in my smaller avatar, and thought it was put together very well. 

I think there were two different entrances right? I think perhaps on different parcels, I remember going into one and ending up in another when I visited.  I wish we had more time to explore SL20, I would have liked to have gone back to it at a later time.  Unfortunately, even with the extra week I did not have much of a chance to log into SL.

Oh no, that one behind me belongs to someone else a few parcels over. Mine is the giant pink cupcake.

64933db6b4da15e54562438a_64923a0bb1c6436

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 13

Aside from Anshe Chung and Onyx Leshell, does anyone think they're actually going to make any money in SL? LL should price cap everything at L350. That would make life fun. Let's start a petition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, cirleen said:

Aside from Anshe Chung and Onyx Leshell, does anyone think they're actually going to make any money in SL? LL should price cap everything at L350. That would make life fun. Let's start a petition.

Hmm..except the RL dude who created the Slex-craze (I forget, was it Slex animations or what..Anyway, there was plenty of news articles about him due to lawsuits), it would seem most RL big money makers in SL are women..?

- Land = Anshe Chung

- Most money from Bodies / clothing / Skins etc. is for Women's items - aren't the big creators for those items women?

I guess my "hopefully relevant" point is, that if I am correct, (RL) women ARE the most powerful figures in Second Life!  This should mean those women are more "invulnerable".

(Ya try to make a point, and sometimes ya have to go someplace crazy-sounding to get there)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmm..except the RL dude who created the Slex-craze (I forget, was it Slex animations or what..Anyway, there was plenty of news articles about him due to lawsuits), it would seem most RL big money makers in SL are women..?

- Land = Anshe Chung

- Most money from Bodies / clothing / Skins etc. is for Women's items - aren't the big creators for those items women?

I guess my "hopefully relevant" point is, that if I am correct, (RL) women ARE the most powerful figures in Second Life!  This should mean those women are more "invulnerable".

(Ya try to make a point, and sometimes ya have to go someplace crazy-sounding to get there)

So much truth there!  I remember, from my early pre-mesh days in SL, saying that only the land barons and skin makers made money.  But you reminded me of that dude whose name I have forgotten too.  There was an interesting video of him using full-body motion capture suits to make his animations (though, sadly, I don't think he included any of the sex anims in the video!)

Ha!  It was Stroker Serpentine I was trying to remember!!

Edited by Leora Greenwood
coffee kicked in
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

women ARE the most powerful figures in Second Life!  This should mean those women are more "invulnerable".

On some days invulnerability is a burden. I don't recommend it.

Angel 006

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

So much truth there!  I remember, from my early pre-mesh days in SL, saying that only the land barons and skin makers made money.  But you reminded me of that dude whose name I have forgotten too.  There was an interesting video of him using full-body motion capture suits to make his animations (though, sadly, I don't think he included any of the sex anims in the video!)

Ha!  It was Stroker Serpentine I was trying to remember!!

Yep, him.

Adding: In fact, RL women are SO powerful in Second Life, they make most "avatar products" for "other women"!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cirleen said:

In all seriousness, a $L350 price cap would prevent some of the more talented creators from putting in as much time and effort. The house Cat and I have was almost $L20K, and I can see why. It would take a serious time investment, even for a trained professional, to create that. He deserves to be properly compensated. So does every creator.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, cirleen said:

I agree that work should be rewarded but at the same time almost every clothing store has that one perfect freebie. Sometimes free is good too.

good cheap fast.png

Nothing wrong free or cheap.  Fast, I'm not crazy about.

Honestly though, there ARE some really good freebies, and my female alts have some great cheap shoes and dresses. Toy has a great free dress. It's good promotion to offer free and cheap items. As long as they're actually good. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Honestly though, there ARE some really good freebies, and my female alts have some great cheap shoes and dresses. Toy has a great free dress. It's good promotion to offer free and cheap items. As long as they're actually good. 

Just a quick peek in the MP yields these results for complete avatars costing between L$0 and L$10.  I may need to do some shopping!!

image.thumb.jpeg.6934f23c14cea5a8dfee8970bcba501b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Just a quick peek in the MP yields these results for complete avatars costing between L$0 and L$10.  I may need to do some shopping!!

image.thumb.jpeg.6934f23c14cea5a8dfee8970bcba501b.jpeg

Hey, Why not try?  The best free body I've found though, is the Lucybody. It's similar to Maitreya. You have to enter a draw to get it though, which takes a day or two.  But it's NOT a complete AV, just a body.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2