How Does Your SL Look Today?

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'm stuck at home on a 5-day quarantine and decided to just do some silly stuff today. For the first few years I was in SL, I just ran around doing random silly things.  I don't seem to "play" as much as I used to and finding eccentric, fun, and inclusive places has gotten difficult.  I recaptured a bit of that today.  I'm normally not home on Fridays, but today I went to a regular Friday gathering that I have missed attending lately.  This gathering takes place every Friday in Belliseria. Come as you are and bring your happy:

image.thumb.jpeg.717d8e9d31f3ce193b6f031aecd30409.jpeg

Yes, that is a flying granny.  In RL this would have ended with broken hips.  I got whacked in the head by more than one purse.

image.thumb.jpeg.f81786a4820087d121e54890ee039eb3.jpeg

Size doesn't matter here:

image.thumb.jpeg.efec0ae604a3e4209ae2d0d0087a907f.jpeg

It always ends with a group hug:

image.thumb.jpeg.afc4971e38cbd990a2aaef4dce6aec53.jpeg

I did the same thing when I first joined SL back in 2005, run around all the time and do silly things. Like dance (not on a pole) in the middle of a circle of seated people and change my outfit every minute or two. Some people actually threw tips at me, I don't know what they were thinking. Fly around on the deck or rooftops of linden residential areas in a big megaprim spaceship. People in their houses, sometimes they got clipped for a minute. Get blocked from American Indian RP sims because I was flying noisy steamship balloons overhead of the cowboys. Then talk my way back into to sim by agreeing to be a squaw, even though they kept insisting I should be a cowgirl. I didn't want to give up my Maitreya so my skin was too yellow and looked like I had jaundice. They complained. Those days were a blast.

This is what I do now. This is even better. https://flickr.com/photos/cirl/

here too https://flickr.com/photos/kisket

Edited by cirleen
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, cirleen said:

I did the same thing when I first joined SL back in 2005, run around all the time and do silly things. Like dance (not on a pole) in the middle of a circle of seated people and change my outfit every minute or two. Some people actually threw tips at me, I don't know what they were thinking. Fly around on the deck of linden residential areas in a megaprim big spaceship or something. People in their houses, I think they got clipped for a minute. Get blocked from American Indian RP sims because I was flying noisy steamship balloons overhead of the cowboys. Then talk my way back into to sim by agreeing to be a squaw, even though they kept insisting I should be a cowgirl. I didn't want to give up my Maitreya so my skin was too yellow and looked like I had jaundice. They complained. Those days were a blast.

This is what I do now. This is even better. https://flickr.com/photos/cirl/

I am not sure our ideas of playfulness and silliness are the same, but I am very glad you have happy memories of your SL past, as well.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Well, of course it ones and for all IS a wine cellar (Villa Utrecht, stairs to the cellar). And as Dutchie/Froukje said in the interview at Designing worlds in answer to the question if there is anything to say more about this cellar: 'Nope!' In other words, you have to find out for yourself ;-).

Snapshot_2081208315_001.png

Cat and I JUST have to come and visit again....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

In RL, I live in the city of Utrecht, which is like Amsterdam in terms of old city centre with canals, only smaller and older. Utrecht has unique wharf cellars. These are one level below street level. This is where the goods used to be stored, brought in by the boats over the canal Oudegracht.
I once visited a resident of a canal house. He showed us his house and we descended to the wharf cellar under his house. To my surprise, he had... a swimming pool in there!

I never forgot that and took that idea to Dutch estate. Under villa Utrecht is a wharf-level swimming pool tiled with Delft blue tiles with tableaux representing old Dutch cities.

werfkelders-2306_2306_0_xlt.jpg

Snapshot_2081208316_002.png

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 14

This afternoon was the twice-postponed get-together with three friends for a collaborative photo session that turned into a bit of a chatter session and, well, a get-together. It was lovely.

It looks as though I was, as usual, late.

From left to right, me (standing), @Saskia Rieko, @BelindaN, and @Danielle Atheria.

(I strongly recommend the Shoyu Ramen.)

Ramen-and-Chatter-Blank.thumb.png.49bb41ce909669f81ee0050dd2c43c97.png

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Haha, if so, they are going to move us to the Adult section 🤣 and I, for one, do not know how to Adult 😇

You don't? I could teach you, you know...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Cat and I with the Creator of our new house. We had a lot of questions. The house is furnished and mod, but if we remove something, like a bed, the shadows still stay. He is going to give us textures without the shadows. We are impressed by his support. And that he would take the time time come and visit us. 

Cat With Creator2.png

New house Creator Visit 2.png

• Like 11

Just floating around.

elevation.png.225db5c11b2dbc115d170a5fd74228f1.png

Snapshot_1574.thumb.png.6280cc165b8a4925086fd20e287a6de2.png

Snapshot_1569.thumb.png.05f286b85f73a376a5dd54a012b8fddf.png

Elevation is apparently horrible for the hands.

hand.png.3ca4e442a95efcef38020e1dfbb26166.png

Snapshot_1580.thumb.png.d70660ecb0a83ab50c0db555e3fe6310.png

Whatever goes up, must go down I suppose.  So far I have been falling for 7 minutes and thirty seconds, and have as of yet to get as low as 175,000 meters.. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Cat's been doing a lot of thinking about the new house. She is already thinking about the open house, and what she should wear. I liked the fur, but she wants to have her back showing, for a sexier look. I don't know about everyone else, but to me she looks pretty damn hot in the T-shirt too!!!

Yes, all of this is actually happening in our SL lives!!! And our planning doesn't stop when we turn our computers off!!

Cat Cropped thinnking about New House.png

Cat in Fur And Dress2.png

Caitlin Black Dress New House 2.png

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 11

4 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Just floating around.

elevation.png.225db5c11b2dbc115d170a5fd74228f1.png

Snapshot_1574.thumb.png.6280cc165b8a4925086fd20e287a6de2.png

Snapshot_1569.thumb.png.05f286b85f73a376a5dd54a012b8fddf.png

Elevation is apparently horrible for the hands.

hand.png.3ca4e442a95efcef38020e1dfbb26166.png

Snapshot_1580.thumb.png.d70660ecb0a83ab50c0db555e3fe6310.png

Whatever goes up, must go down I suppose.  So far I have been falling for 7 minutes and thirty seconds, and have as of yet to get as low as 175,000 meters.. 

Ok, miss elevation, howde you get up there??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1