How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

37 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Dear Soda, would you be willing to post style info for the Jon Snow avvie?  I might want to try to replicate him too....  thanks!

I would if I could. It's not a normal avatar. It's one of those one piece rigged mesh things. Someone gave it to me long time ago and it's no transfer. It's like the female in the bikini "Dina" in my youtube movies. It's basically animesh that somebody rigged. 

js.png

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, SodaGnome said:

Well they can be both. They are sold as pets in the REZZROOM store. The wolf has 3 fur options, white, black, and gray. BUT you can add any pet to your avatar.... then simply remove all your worn items, add a Full Body Alpha and your human body is invisible so you walk around as your pet. I did that on my Husky pet and got a lot of compliments on my dog avatar. 

js 2.png

nice

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SodaGnome said:

Well they can be both. They are sold as pets in the REZZROOM store. The wolf has 3 fur options, white, black, and gray. BUT you can add any pet to your avatar.... then simply remove all your worn items, add a Full Body Alpha and your human body is invisible so you walk around as your pet. I did that on my Husky pet and got a lot of compliments on my dog avatar. 

js 2.png

I did that back in the day as a butterfly, simply alpha body and wear a butterfly, cool effect.

Edited to add, but it's kinda weird cause I know I am still me wearing a butterfly. 

Edited by Charolotte Caxton
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, SodaGnome said:

I would if I could. It's not a normal avatar. It's one of those one piece rigged mesh things. Someone gave it to me long time ago and it's no transfer. It's like the female in the bikini "Dina" in my youtube movies. It's basically animesh that somebody rigged. 

js.png

Thanks, the face looks a bit like this on the MP:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/COSPLAY-Bastard-Queen/10285486  There are other JS avvies too so I am exploring.

bastard_queen.jpg.abe5c971c5bb51d6b71156c59b05f54e.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I did that back in the day as a butterfly, simply alpha body and wear a butterfly, cool effect.

Edited to add, but it's kinda weird cause I know I am still me wearing a butterfly. 

and in another level further back you are in a computer chair! lol - there's a level further back from that as well if one is into metaphysics or various forms of spirituality or religion

i'm fascinated with  how easily humans can fully identify with avatars as themselves.(some more than others)  like people say to me in second life, "turn around I have to change my clothes" or "you bumped me please stop" when that avatar is not them.... you can't actually be bumped through your ethernet cable - i am looking at an avatar, not you. 

i think humans are so skilled at and easily slip into avatar identification because we are unknowingly doing it in real life as well...we are not really our physical bodies either

i refuse to identify as this santa

Image4.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

js.png

Love this pic!!!

• Like 1

and in another level further back you are in a computer chair! lol - there's a level further back from that as well if one is into metaphysics or various forms of spirituality or religion

i'm fascinated with  how easily humans can fully identify with avatars as themselves.(some more than others)  like people say to me in second life, "turn around I have to change my clothes" or "you bumped me please stop" when that avatar is not them.... you can't actually be bumped through your ethernet cable - i am looking at an avatar, not you. 

i think humans are so skilled at and easily slip into avatar identification because we are unknowingly doing it in real life as well...we are not really our physical bodies either

Image4.png

In another level further back I am not in a computer chair, I am in a body in a chair, I am a consciousness in a physical manifestation, I have two avatars, one in RL and one in SL, here, they merge, and also out there, so yeah. And no, don't be Santa, be Gnome.

• Like 1

i'm fascinated with  how easily humans can fully identify with avatars as themselves.(some more than others)  like people say to me in second life, "turn around I have to change my clothes"   

I was on my own place and went to change outfits, my bf covered my with a privacy orb. I'm like, this is my place, no one will see, lol. Was cute though.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, SodaGnome said:

Image4.png

I totally agree with you. It's been proven that if we control a robotic hand, we can identify it as being ours. I started as a female AV, and a side of myself identified with that. Two other female AV's, and the same thing. I found it difficult to switch, because then it simply wasn't "me" Now I identify with my male AV, which is more "real", since I AM male in RL. What I found most interesting, is that I could be influenced by my friends as to which AV should be "me". All of the women I know prefered my male self. Most importantly, Caitlin did, and she dragged me through emotional hell deliberately, to prove to me who and what I am, and which AV I should be in (thank you Hon). So now, I can only identify as my "Sandor" AV. And it's simply "me". TMI maybe (I'm known for that), but a proof of what you're saying. We are not our physical bodies, but what we perceive ourselves as. And we can become what other people perceive us as, or want from us. Hopefully, only what we really are.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I totally agree with you. It's been proven that if we control a robotic hand, we can identify it as being ours. I started as a female AV, and a side of myself identified with that. Two other female AV's, and the same thing. I found it difficult to switch, because then it simply wasn't "me" Now I identify with my male AV, which is more "real", since I AM male in RL. What I found most interesting, is that I could be influenced by my friends as to which AV should be "me". All of the women I know prefered my male self. Most importantly, Caitlin did, and she dragged me through emotional hell deliberately, to prove to me who and what I am, and which AV I should be in (thank you Hon). So now, I can only identify as my "Sandor" AV. And it's simply "me". TMI maybe (I'm known for that), but a proof of what you're saying. We are not our physical bodies, but what we perceive ourselves as. And we can become what other people perceive us as, or want from us. Hopefully, only what we really are.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I read that people were having issues with VR at first because there was no nose. In our real lives we always see our nose, if we have sight, but edit it out. Thought was interesting, so some added noses I guess?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Not sure if this is relevant, but I read that people were having issues with VR at first because there was no nose. In our real lives we always see our nose, if we have sight, but edit it out. Thought was interesting, so some added noses I guess?

I haven't tried VR (even though I have goggles to use with a phone), only 3D. I'm imagining it in my head what a nose would look like the way we see it in RL. I wonder if it might not be too distracting, or simply not look good. I don't see my nose most of the time in RL, because I mentally ignore it. I don't know if that's possible using VR. And a nose might be seen an object in front of us, and not a part of our bodies. I don't know. Anyone have any comments on this?

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I haven't tried VR (even though I have goggles to use with a phone), only 3D. I'm imagining it in my head what a nose would look like the way we see it in RL. I wonder if it might not be too distracting, or simply not look good. I don't see my nose most of the time in RL, because I mentally ignore it. I don't know if that's possible using VR. And a nose might be seen an object in front of us, and not a part of our bodies. I don't know. Anyone have any comments on this?

Like for me, when I play Second Life in mouse look (not play, but you know), I feel weird because I don't have a 'me'. I think there may be a setting, not sure.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2022 at 8:37 AM, Charolotte Caxton said:

Like for me, when I play Second Life in mouse look (not play, but you know), I feel weird because I don't have a 'me'. I think there may be a setting, not sure.

If there is, I haven't seen it.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 8:37 AM, Charolotte Caxton said:

I only use mouselook for aiming weapons (which I don't do often). What do you use it for?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I only use mouselook for aiming weapons (which I don't do often). What do you use it for?

I don't use it at all, only when I am in a small room and looking around for a sec. Don't like small spaces. I've used it the few times I shot a gag weapon, like snowballs. So, that was fun.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

I don't use it at all, only when I am in a small room and looking around for a sec. Don't like small spaces. I've used it the few times I shot a gag weapon, like snowballs. So, that was fun.

Most times I've used a weapon, it's for fun. I've removed some unwelcome "guests" from our Island with some,  before hitting the "ban" button. They had fair warning though. Our greeter clearly states that violence is allowed, and anyone may be attacked. Fortunately, this is extremely rare. Most people who come are respectful of everyone.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 5:37 AM, Charolotte Caxton said:

In Firestorm the setting is Preferences->Move & View->Show avatar in Mouselook.

This is not likely going to result in what you may expect. The setting causes your viewer to render the avatar for you. You have to look at your toes to see yourself. I need to be able to lean my head forward to actually see my toes... 😏

image.png.61c96385dd5a710da1a874d31596ba17.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1