How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

7 hours ago, archangel969 said:

Now I feel really stupid, because I thougt the elevators didn't work, but now I have used them at last LOL

Snapshot_2081208203_001.png

I was there earlier, and noticed someone had pushed many of the floor buttons in one of them 🤣 I think that one was bugged out, because it was stuck in one spot and trying to call it would have no effect.  I was able to sit inside of the defective elevator, and when hitting the close door button it resumed working, going from one floor to the next as I hit the close door button, until there were no longer any buttons lit inside, and it then resumed operating as it should.  As simple of a thing it is, for some reason I really like elevators in SL as I do in RL, and was happy to see it working from the call elevator button.  

For a while though, I couldn't get either of them to operate when visiting the hotel, so I think someone must have been putting in a lot of work fixing the place up.  I noticed the rental boards have been changed a bit as well, it is good to see it still being updated.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Istelathis said:

For a while though, I couldn't get either of them to operate when visiting the hotel, so I think someone must have been putting in a lot of work fixing the place up.  I noticed the rental boards have been changed a bit as well, it is good to see it still being updated.  

I sure hope so! I never meet any resident there, so I hope the hotel manages to stay in SL for a long time. It is now the only hotel Chelsea that has the old spirit, the RL version is really no place for bohemians anymore. I do see that there are some SL sponsors and I also put some in the tip jar from time to time. Fingers crossed that it will stay long, it definitely has a function, at least certainly a historical one.

• Like 3

On 1/9/2023 at 7:26 PM, Eddy Vortex said:

Looking pretty good. You pulled it off quite well with the LI limits.

There was a thread a couple years ago on decorating under 50LI challenge. I should try my hand at it again, this time at the hotel. Thanks for the recommendation.

Oh! That could be fun.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2023 at 3:58 AM, archangel969 said:

I pulled out my old Jean Paul Gaultier wallpaper for it again, in my early days I had everything in screaming colours (much different from Dutch estate LOL) so one of my first rooms was a screaming cacophony, I had a lot to learn. 🙂 That's much more balanced now.

You have rooms of 50 L per week, 100 L per week and also 250 L per week. i got the 100 L one and could find one with balcony. But, as is often the case in SL, you have a lot of room for little prims. It looked more like a ballroom than a hotel room without the furniture. How can you make it more 'gezellig' - cozy?  I noticed in some rooms that the seating area was in the middle, on a rug. That 'breaks' the space a bit and I did too (first the seating was by the balcony).  Big low-hanging lamps also help and patterned wallpaper also makes a room 'smaller' and cosier.'

Also, some rooms have 1 prim furniture, it is called primpossible I believe.

Jean Paul wallpaper sounds so fabulous.  :D

PrimPossible is a good store, but their no-copy perms are a bit hard for me to stomach. lol  Dekute Dekor is another store specializing in 1 prim furnishings.

I tried to rent one of the rooms, but the rent sign won't take my money. How did you do it?

On 1/10/2023 at 4:51 AM, archangel969 said:

I discovered the house on Marketplace and went for it inworld. It is truly an amazing place and so big! It is high prised, but apart from that, you need 1/4 region at the least! Well, you can certainly visit it inworld from time to time. I did that with villa Utrecht before I had decided to buy land to put it on, pretending to live there. 🙂

I knew getting a homestead region just to rez the house and fully furnish it would be out of my budget.   One can gaze and dream.

• Like 2

Just now, Eddy Vortex said:

I knew getting a homestead region just to rez the house and fully furnish it would be out of my budget.   One can gaze and dream.

So, the mansion is really worth it but they also have other items. Not to sound like an ad (as I sound like an ad) but I love the way the doors open, the lighting system, the SL water in the poolssssssss, the everything. So, at risk of unfairly talking about them I will just say, I freaking love it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

So, the mansion is really worth it but they also have other items. Not to sound like an ad (as I sound like an ad) but I love the way the doors open, the lighting system, the SL water in the poolssssssss, the everything. So, at risk of unfairly talking about them I will just say, I freaking love it.

The pools are so tempting.

• Like 1