Question regarding name changes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So. Context.

I was watching a group chat in SL (won't name the group), and someone wanted help with their new name.   She got torn apart in said group for wanting to do it.

Why do some people seem to be offended by the idea of others spending their own money to have the name they want?

• Like 1

Some people love to ride their principles in SL.
About the mesh body to use, where to buy your shoes, mainland versus private land, republican versus democrats, you name it.
I would never discuss changing my name or socks in groups or on forums.
I would just do it.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Some people love to ride their principles in SL.
About the mesh body to use, where to buy your shoes, mainland versus private land, republican versus democrats, you name it.
I would never discuss changing my name or socks in groups or on forums.
I would just do it.

OMG! Not the sock debacle again! 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, HarleyHorrow said:

So. Context.

I was watching a group chat in SL (won't name the group), and someone wanted help with their new name.   She got torn apart in said group for wanting to do it.

Why do some people seem to be offended by the idea of others spending their own money to have the name they want?

Really depends on the group. Some groups are friendlier and nicer than others. You can ask the same question in two groups and get very different responses.

I actually get this in rl. Sometimes when I treat myself, people including "friends" give me grief as if my financial situation impacts them. I think people just like to comment on others even when it has nothing to do with them.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.