Why Did It Take So Long to Accept the Facts About Covid?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Test.

Quarantine.

Contain.

🐍🐍🐍

Test, quarantine, contain is outdated if and when vaccines are available to you or anyone.  Many people in certain areas are vaccinated now and they don't want to quarantine as who would do their job for that long of a quarantine?  Quarantines are outdated and people want a stable working life.  I do not think you will believe me that what you propose is outdated; however, I just wanted to say that. 

Your idea above puts people and businesses on a rollercoaster, and it is outdated by vaccines.   

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

Test, quarantine, contain is outdated if and when vaccines are available to you or anyone.  Many people in certain areas are vaccinated now and they don't want to quarantine as who would do their job for that long of a quarantine?  Quarantines are outdated and people want a stable working life.  I do not think you will believe me that what you propose is outdated; however, I just wanted to say that. 

Your idea above puts people and businesses on a rollercoaster, and it is outdated by vaccines.   

Coronavirus: Isolation and quarantine

People who have tested positive for the coronavirus must go into isolation. People who have had close contact with a person who has tested positive, or who enter Switzerland from a country with an increased risk of infection, must go into quarantine.

What are isolation and quarantine?

Isolation and quarantine are measures designed to break the chains of infection and thus contain the spread of the new coronavirus. A person with a confirmed or suspected infection must stay at home and avoid all contact with other people. This will prevent the greatest possible number of new infections. 

People with an increased likelihood of infection with the new coronavirus must go into quarantine for ten days (subject to certain requirements it is possible to shorten this period).

What financial compensation do I receive in the event of isolation or quarantine?

If you have to go into isolation because you have the coronavirus disease and have been signed off work by a doctor, you are entitled to continued payment of your salary or to daily sickness benefits. The continued payment of salary is governed by the Swiss Code of Obligations. This obliges your employer to keep paying you for at least three weeks. Many employers take out insurance so that employees who are absent for longer periods receive daily sickness benefits covering 80 percent of their pay. 

(from https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/isolation-und-quarantaene.html )

يختبر
مسح العزل
احتواء

ثعبان ثعبان ثعبان

Edited by Chroma Starlight

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

ମୁଁ ଗୁଗୁଲ୍ ଅନୁବାଦକୁ ମଧ୍ୟ ଅପବ୍ୟବହାର କରିପାରିବି |

ମୁଁ ମଧ୍ୟ। ଏହି ଲେଖାଟି ବହୁତ ସୁନ୍ଦର |

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

Switzerland
What are isolation and quarantine?

This is the U.S. though, land of independent cowboys...not Sweden.

How would we practically get anyone to test and then quarantine?  Impossible here.  Many don't even think the virus is serious and many don't care about the harm they might cause others.

So with vaccination I can protect myself, and not worry so much when I need to go on errands or allow a repair person into my house whether or not they got tested or even give a flying F about me.

8 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This is the U.S. though, land of independent cowboys...not Sweden.

How would we practically get anyone to test and then quarantine?  Impossible here.  Many don't even think the virus is serious and many don't care about the harm they might cause others.

So with vaccination I can protect myself, and not worry so much when I need to go on errands or allow a repair person into my house whether or not they got tested or even give a flying F about me.

If they choose not to act like citizens, to not conduct their disputes in a manner so as to offer any hope of future reconciliation, then why should they be counted as citizens by anyone, foreign or domestic? Why has it taken many repeated rapes from these usual suspects for people to begin to consider waking up to the fact these guys are a fifth column for the ideological enemies of the bedrock waters of our founding political philosophy's spirit. 

25 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

يختبر
مسح العزل
احتواء

ثعبان ثعبان ثعبان

From the citation [ https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/isolation-und-quarantaene.html#-2132071872 ]

Certain people (for example certain people who have been vaccinated) are exempt from the contact quarantine requirement. You will find information in the Exceptions to the quarantine requirement and modified quarantine rulessection.

Edited by Lyssa Greymoon

2 minutes ago, Chroma Starlight said:

If they choose not to act like citizens, to not conduct their disputes in a manner so as to offer any hope of future reconciliation, then why should they be counted as citizens by anyone, foreign or domestic? Why has it taken many repeated rapes from these usual suspects for people to begin to consider waking up to the fact these guys are a fifth column for the ideological enemies of the bedrock waters of our founding political establishment's spirit. 

Lots of ideology in there. Please come back to Earth! We need to be practical and do what we can. We can't do anything about these people, and they only appear to be growing. Yes, I do agree with you about our fascist future   :(   For now, I'd just like to be alive or without long-Covid complications.

1 minute ago, Chroma Starlight said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Lots of ideology in there. Please come back to Earth! We need to be practical and do what we can. 

https://www.thelocal.ch/20150922/the-four-big-challenges-of-moving-to-switzerland-relocation-expatproject-tlccu/

I'm not going to leave my daughter and grandson.

5 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm not going to leave my daughter and grandson.

Well, realizing that the world is already badly overpopulated and my epigenetics were basically poisoned by decades of toxic stress for all the reasons, I don't have that problem. I just have this cat, everything else is negotiable, but if I can choose to live well in a spiritually flourishing and self-defined manner over living enslaved and degraded, that's no choice at all.

2 minutes ago, Lyssa Greymoon said:

You mean on the page about isolation an quarantine? ***** if I know, I’d probably look on the page about testing for that. 

I have symptoms. What should I do?

It is important for as many cases of infection with the coronavirus to be identified as possible. For this reason we recommend a test even if you have only mild symptoms. The steps below apply to all persons 6 or over. Information on what to do in the case of children under 6 years of age can be found in the section My child has symptoms. What should we do?

1. Reduce contact: Stay at home and avoid all contact with other people.

2. Test: Have a test immediately if you have symptoms or this is recommended by your doctor. The costs of the test will be covered by the Swiss federal government. You’ll find more information on tests and coverage of the costs of tests on the Tests page.

3. Until the test results are available: Stay at home, follow the instructions on isolation (PDF, 368 kB, 29.12.2020) and avoid all contact with other people until the result of the test is available. Depending on the result, follow the instructions for a positive test result or a negative test result.

(https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/isolation-und-quarantaene.html#-155584963)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1031 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.