Holding Hands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are affriad of Covid, wash you hands extra carefully  :)

Otherwise this sort of things is all done through extra bought animations. (found on the marketplace)
Most of the time as part of an AO or an extra hud.

Normally you are asked in world if you are okay with being animated first, if the animation is started by someone else than yourself.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty sure I used to have a gadget that does this (probably still do somewhere, in the black hole that is my inventory).

I've never made one, but I think the way I would do it is to make a small invisible object, which holds two avatars, a driver and a passenger, next to each other, and which plays appropriate hand-holding and walking animations for the driver and the passenger as it moves forwards at the default walking and running speeds when in use. (I'm pretty sure that's how my gadget works).   

That means it can be used only on land where you can rez things, of course.

You might try using RLV and attachments to try to keep people lined up and in synch but I'm not at all sure LSL can read avatar rotations with sufficient accuracy, or that RLV's @setrot command is sufficiently accurate either, to keep a couple that closely aligned for any length of time.  

• Like 1

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=couple+walk

As Innula describes, those are invisible vehicles that hold a driver and a passenger. I had one, called "Rendevous" a dozen years ago. Beyond the usual hand holding walk, it also had a fireman's carry and my personal favorite, a passenger riding on the driver's shoulders.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The vehicle type is the way to go although they do depend on being able to rez.

Scripted magic that rotates the avatar, with or without RLV commands, will always be fighting the viewers built in interpolation and as such, will be wrong more often than it's right.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=✓&search[category_id]=&search[maturity_level]=GMA&search[keywords]=couple+walk

As Innula describes, those are invisible vehicles that hold a driver and a passenger. I had one, called "Rendevous" a dozen years ago. Beyond the usual hand holding walk, it also had a fireman's carry and my personal favorite, a passenger riding on the driver's shoulders.

I made one of those, it was fun!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I remember listening to this one a lot..

Is not real!! 😹

Rest of my story: at the same age, I also listened to singles with "Light My Fire" and "Spinning Wheel", but in a 1920's style! It turned out the "Templeton Twins" had me fooled for most of my childhood!

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1084 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.