Marketplace Restart

JJ Grant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been browsing marketplace and realized that there is alot of Junk on there that is very old. Dont you think  LL should reset and start Marketplace over? I think they should also have some kind of system to flag items to keep the quality of marketplace items high and stop people from uploading anything and everything.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, JJ Grant said:

I've been browsing marketplace and realized that there is alot of Junk on there that is very old. Dont you think  LL should reset and start Marketplace over? I think they should also have some kind of system to flag items to keep the quality of marketplace items high and stop people from uploading anything and everything.

Short answer.. No. 

Long answer.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Answer with a reason. That would mean al merchants would have to reupload all of their items that are in their stores, including the newer items. Just search by newest and you wont see old junk, just new junk. 

• Haha 3

It would be nice if the date of listing was visible somewhere, but yeah, no, purging the MP entirely would be .. Awful. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JJ Grant said:

They actually did do some cleanup a couple of year's ago.  I don't know if that cleanup runs automatically on a regular basis or if LL has to manually do it every now and then.  However, it would not have removed any items for merchants that had logged in within the last 2 years (or the 2 years prior to them running their process).

image.png.1ba4c7eb263d5673f0baa84bbca035e6.png

Some of the old items are just fine.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Good grief!  MP is hard enough to get things listed on now as it is,  what with all the frequent maintenance and errors when trying to list.. I cannot imagine the fiasco if they re:booted it and everyone had to start all over again..  as a merchant, there is no way in hell I would have the time to do something like that..  and I am pretty sure I am not alone.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2021 at 5:33 PM, Orwar said:

It would be nice if the date of listing was visible somewhere, but yeah, no, purging the MP entirely would be .. Awful. 

Like - >https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-228021

I actually wouldn't mind a purge (says the person with only a few hundred things) if it was a fully operational Marketplace 2.0 E Commerce platform that was fit for purpose and allowed dynamic uploading linked to our vendor systems in world etc.

3 minutes ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

I actually wouldn't mind a purge (says the person with only a few hundred things) if it was a fully operational Marketplace 2.0 E Commerce platform that was fit for purpose and allowed dynamic uploading linked to our vendor systems in world etc.

Now that would be something!  I could appreciate something like that for sure.  I don't know about anyone else but I find the listing process in MP cumbersome, boring, and a real chore, and that is on a day when it is working properly.

3 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

Now that would be something!  I could appreciate something like that for sure.  I don't know about anyone else but I find the listing process in MP cumbersome, boring, and a real chore, and that is on a day when it is working properly.

Perhaps with the recent fee increases at minimum they can start to close out 2 year plus long awaited minor features like the date just being shown in the meantime.
LL did state they would not focus on MP until Cloud Lift was complete... well it now is I believe, so perhaps we have a chance of MP 2.0 LL plans (fingers crossed).  

1 hour ago, Charlotte Bartlett said:

Perhaps with the recent fee increases at minimum they can start to close out 2 year plus long awaited minor features like the date just being shown in the meantime.
LL did state they would not focus on MP until Cloud Lift was complete... well it now is I believe, so perhaps we have a chance of MP 2.0 LL plans (fingers crossed).  

One can always dream.

• Like 1

Marketplace 2.0 changelog:

• Didn't fix anything.
  • Increased the Marketplace transaction fee by 300% with a minimum of 10% for any sales up to L$100, scaling incrementally to the full 40% by L$1,000, but will not cut more than L$4,000 beyond any items sold for more than L$10,000.
Edited by Orwar

LL did state they would not focus on MP until Cloud Lift was complete...

It will be complete when the biggest bugs are fixed. Bugs which were either caused by the uplift, or that came to light because of the uplift.
I seriously doubt that these bugs will be considered tackled before 2022.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

19 minutes ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

this makes it pretty rough for those of us who rely on income from SL to make ends meet in RL.  I truly resent that increase, especially when MP is in "maintenance" mode or just not functioning right most of the time.

Perhaps you should learn to read sarcasm.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

There a lot of old items that are amazing. I even think some of the older stuff are better than the new, so my answer is no. Plus, if they purge, I imagine that would mean people can't have redeliveries of their older purchases as well, so double no.

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Perhaps you should learn to read sarcasm.

ouch! that was uncalled for!  Truth is no matter what the increase was it is still not great for my revenue, no am I getting any benefit from it that I can see, given the performance of MP lately.

1 hour ago, Tazzie Tuque said:

this makes it pretty rough for those of us who rely on income from SL to make ends meet in RL.  I truly resent that increase, especially when MP is in "maintenance" mode or just not functioning right most of the time.

There was no increase, Owar is poking fun at LL.

10 hours ago, AdminGirl said:

There a lot of old items that are amazing. I even think some of the older stuff are better than the new, so my answer is no. Plus, if they purge, I imagine that would mean people can't have redeliveries of their older purchases as well, so double no.

Or even just plain useful. How many of us adopted BOM and then bought a bunch of ancient system clothes that could suddenly be used as undershirts and such again?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, BookishMelinoe said:

Or even just plain useful. How many of us adopted BOM and then bought a bunch of ancient system clothes that could suddenly be used as undershirts and such again?

I would bet that most people had those ancient system clothes already.. We are hoarders by nature.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

It will be complete when the biggest bugs are fixed. Bugs which were either caused by the uplift, or that came to light because of the uplift.
I seriously doubt that these bugs will be considered tackled before 2022.

That’s very optimistic :)

the core team for making Marketplace 2.0 would be (mostly) different skill sets.   I remain an optimist that, at minimum, a few marketplace issues from 2018 onwards may get some attention, but history tells me marketplace 2.0 is likely a step too far for LL at this time.  LL originally said Q3 would be when they could look at marketplace again (the question is which year ha)....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I would bet that most people had those ancient system clothes already.. We are hoarders by nature.

I actually didn't have them as I'd purchased a lot of items from one store on my original avatar.  I recently saw she put her old items back up on MP and bought the whole pack of tank/t-shirts for 50L.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/friday-BOM-Tank-Collection/19669432

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.