Legacy media not working.

F43

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Marianne Little said:

No... It was the only thing I could think about. I had not seen you post that you tried another viewer, so I suggested it. 😔 I am not so good technically.

Thanks for your suggestion and help :)

And you typed /style help in local chat?  Normally, if it's media not connected, it will say "enable media the detach and reattach HUD.".   My guess is it's your connection.  Have your tried a reboot of your modem?

Edited by Rowan Amore

On 3/28/2021 at 3:35 PM, Sid Nagy said:

Try the old trick the Lindens always came up with first in the early days of SL:
Clear cache.

It is not always recommended to clear cache anymore like it was in the old days.  It's best only as a very last resort and only IF Firestorm support inworld group may think it's necessary.   Perhaps with Windows 10, it's different now...or it's 64-bit now but don't clear your cache unless instructed to do so.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, animats said:

That HUD is accessing a server outside SL. From the message, either the server is down, or connections to it are blocked by something. Anyone know the URL for the external server?

If their server were down, there would be talk about it in group chat or here I would imagine.

11 hours ago, animats said:

That HUD is accessing a server outside SL. From the message, either the server is down, or connections to it are blocked by something. Anyone know the URL for the external server?

I was thinking the same, I've disabled antivirus and checked my firewall too.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 4:39 PM, F43 said:

I've managed to find the problem :D talktalk has a home safe option, I added the http://thesho.ps/webhud/bodyMode/all/skin/-1 to the allowed list and the Hud now loads the styles yay :D  Thank you everyone for your help ❤️ 

hey, im currently having this issue too. Could you tell me where you added it to the "allowed list"? Been a month im trying to solve this problem as well for my friend too 

1 hour ago, Yamiko225 said:

hey, im currently having this issue too. Could you tell me where you added it to the "allowed list"? Been a month im trying to solve this problem as well for my friend too 

You're replying to a 1 year old post and the user hasnt been back since, so it's not likely you'll get a reply.

Given that you're not the only one reporting a problem today, I suspect the issue is with Legacy's servers, not your settings. This was always the biggest risk with purchasing Legacy. If their servers go down, you're left with a brick that you can no longer modify in any way.

8 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

You're replying to a 1 year old post and the user hasnt been back since, so it's not likely you'll get a reply.

Given that you're not the only one reporting a problem today, I suspect the issue is with Legacy's servers, not your settings. This was always the biggest risk with purchasing Legacy. If their servers go down, you're left with a brick that you can no longer modify in any way.

Ye I'm aware the post is pretty old but i though why not taking the chance to try on this one and make my own. Seems they could figure out how to fix it which is like to know what they did exactly. Not sure if that legacy's server, maybe? Still trying cuz for my bf it's working but not on mine or my friend. Let's just hope a solution to the issue will be found 

• Like 1

I don't have Legacy but I did a traceroute to their servers (based on the link provided last year)

Tracing route to thesho.ps [54.153.115.114]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    22 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.254
  2     4 ms     4 ms     3 ms  172.16.13.44
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4    10 ms     9 ms     9 ms  62.172.102.70
  5    11 ms    11 ms    13 ms  core3-hu0-16-0-6.faraday.ukcore.bt.net [62.172.103.27]
  6    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  166-49-209-132.gia.bt.net [166.49.209.132]
  7    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  212.119.4.140
  8    11 ms    11 ms    11 ms  ae-7.r20.londen12.uk.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.140]
  9    83 ms    83 ms    83 ms  ae-7.r20.nwrknj03.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.147]
 10   148 ms   148 ms   147 ms  ae-4.r24.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.6.177]
 11   144 ms   141 ms   147 ms  ae-0.a02.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.73]
 12   152 ms   172 ms   152 ms  ae-1.amazon.sttlwa01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [157.238.179.94]
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *        *     Request timed out.

Trace complete.

That's very, very down, so altering your settings won't help.

Edited by Maitimo

On 3/30/2022 at 12:33 PM, Yamiko225 said:

Ye I'm aware the post is pretty old but i though why not taking the chance to try on this one and make my own. Seems they could figure out how to fix it which is like to know what they did exactly. Not sure if that legacy's server, maybe? Still trying cuz for my bf it's working but not on mine or my friend. Let's just hope a solution to the issue will be found 

I have the same problem and the only thing I found was that I had deactivated this button https://prnt.sc/icuTUJvICukI, I activated it and everything went back to normal.

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I have the same issue, style tab won't load while using Firestorm. It works fine with the SL viewer though.

I tried everything said here: reattaching, using a new copy, enabling media, clearing the cache, deleting the folders in App data, reinstalling Firestorm, adding dullahan_host.exe to my firewall, even using a different computer. Nothing works. 

Any other thoughts? Thank you. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 7:12 PM, anshi3cita said:

I have the same problem and the only thing I found was that I had deactivated this button https://prnt.sc/icuTUJvICukI, I activated it and everything went back to normal.

I can't see what that is - The screenshot has been removed. Are you able to write out what the screenshot said please? I'm going nuts trying to fix this. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The styles are loading in SL viewer perfectly, but not firestorm. Is this just a firestorm issue? I'm not a fan of the SL viewer but it's a work around.

The thought of using an off grid server for this is not ideal, I get it they want a fancy HUD

Screen capture from both Firestorm & SL Viewer

790434798_StylesFirestorm.thumb.PNG.98dd105eefea09a99fbe3900a0fab8cb.PNG1992175451_StylesSLViewer.thumb.PNG.e54bbf20b4335168958142eead383d78.PNG

4 hours ago, darkshadow1971 said:

The styles are loading in SL viewer perfectly, but not firestorm. Is this just a firestorm issue? I'm not a fan of the SL viewer but it's a work around.

The thought of using an off grid server for this is not ideal, I get it they want a fancy HUD

Screen capture from both Firestorm & SL Viewer

790434798_StylesFirestorm.thumb.PNG.98dd105eefea09a99fbe3900a0fab8cb.PNG1992175451_StylesSLViewer.thumb.PNG.e54bbf20b4335168958142eead383d78.PNG

Media is on by default in the SL viewer and pretty sure it's off by default in the firestorm viewer..

You need media on for the hud to work.. I'm not sure if the media filter does anything to disrupt it , but may want to have it off if you're using your hud to see if that helps..

If it's not bothering the hud I would keep media filt back on.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.