Second Life needs more good art deco

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

niagramohawk.thumb.jpg.bc918ecc55ceec1493efd38ae76b6c8f.jpg

Niagra Mohawk Power building, Syracuse, NY.

The building, built in 1932, still exists.  That sculpture is on the 7th floor, so you can't really see the detail from ground level in RL.

Now that would look good in Second Life.

• Like 6

Our Egotherapy hangout is quite art-deco, although purists might say it's a mish-mash of styles. Anyway we have lots of polished brass. I call it neo-deco.

But if you're looking for 1930's jazz music to go with the style you might be disappointed because we stream techno, trance and alternative indy music!

001.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

28 minutes ago, Seina Evergarden said:

That is a style I haven't seen often.  Are there any other examples in sl?

Well, I'm not affiliated, but I find this creator, who has an inworld store, captivates your preferred style quite nicely ( imho ). It's at least worth a look.

Edited by TDD123

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

There is quite a bit of art deco stuff around, at least as far as interior design goes. I'd be happy to see more though.

Yeah. The two "centers" that come to mind are all of Bay City (many of the Mole builds including the Hotel Falmouth) and Time Portal's 1920s-1940s New York, specifically including Melu Deco, an interiors shop by SL photographer Melusina Parkin.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Yeah. The two "centers" that come to mind are all of Bay City (many of the Mole builds including the Hotel Falmouth) and Time Portal's 1920s-1940s New York, specifically including Melu Deco, an interiors shop by SL photographer Melusina Parkin.

Why would you need "more of" Bay City? There's already Bay City. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.