COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

First time here.. I remember the other covid thread.. didn't go so well. So tell me, are we for double/triple masking and 2 vax on this forum? Or are sane people posting here? Curious minds want to know..🤔

thank god many here are pretty sane in this matter, and take care for themself ánd others to prevent getting ill.
Also many áre sane and choose different for good reasons.
But sadly some are less sane and wear aluhats

( at will, replace the words "many" and  "some" in last two lines by eachother)

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

HCQ is in my local hospital's formulary. It's stocked at my local Walgreens, CVS and grocery store pharmacies. My primary care doc, who's been available to me throughout the pandemic, can prescribe it if he deems it appropriate. The moment doctors start administering medications their patients deem appropriate, we're in trouble.

Could it be, that some of the in-thread people complaining about "can't get HCQ" were fooled enough to beg for it, and their smart doctor said "no"? Gotta be someone smart in there, somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Point 10… The moving target idea is valid. But we know Fauci lies (Ref) to manipulate the public not because he is evolving his thinking. No one can consistently be wrong or flip-flop that often. Something else was/is up. But if you think he is doing a good job then you follow his advice.

I wonder, Nalates, whether you have any views on the way that various medical regulators and regulatory organisations worldwide -- The European Medicines Agency, for example, or Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency in the UK (the two most in the news over here), or their equivalents elsewhere -- have all tended to reach similar conclusions about the efficacy and safety of various "off label" treatments for Covid-19 as have the US authorities in your country?

One explanation, of course,  would be that is that they've all been nobbled by Big Pharma, Bill Gates, the Chinese Communist Party or George Soros   

Another would simply be that they're all looking at the same body of research and coming to broadly similar conclusions about it, which is how science is supposed to work, I thought.      

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I have a test too called:

The Tail

If multiple witnesses point out that someone or something has a tail in spite of that one saying it doesn't, I tend to at least look at the witnesses testimony to determine if they are seeing something i have not as yet. If the preponderance of evidence validates them, then why would I go back to denying the tail?

The problem is when you ask people about how they determined that someone had a tail and they said, "Well, a German lady said Dieser Mann hat einen großen Schwanz and I looked up the translation."

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

No one can consistently be wrong or flip-flop that often. Something else was/is up. But if you think he is doing a good job then you follow his advice.

You mean being wrong or flip-flopping like having someone say that California developed immunity because COVID-19 was secretly widespread there in November of 2019 and that it is no worse than a common cold for a healthy non-elderly person and then hearing that in mid-2020 that same person became very ill with COVID-19 for 12 days with breathing issues that lasted quite a bit longer despite being a healthy non-elderly person living in California?

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:
11 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I have a test too called:

The Tail

If multiple witnesses point out that someone or something has a tail in spite of that one saying it doesn't, I tend to at least look at the witnesses testimony to determine if they are seeing something i have not as yet. If the preponderance of evidence validates them, then why would I go back to denying the tail?

Expand  

The problem is when you ask people about how they determined that someone had a tail and they said, "Well, a German lady said Dieser Mann hat einen großen Schwanz and I looked up the translation."

How weird is this, I dated 2 different guys consecutively, by coincidence, who happened to have vestigial tails. So I know for a fact that sometimes the "tail don't show"!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How weird is this, I dated 2 different guys consecutively, by coincidence, who happened to have vestigial tails. So I know for a fact that sometimes the "tail don't show"!

Oh so that explains the why this came to mind for you?

12 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Your witnesses, the "dogs", are the ones wagging the "tail"..

1 hour ago, Innula Zenovka said:

I wonder, Nalates, whether you have any views on the way that various medical regulators and regulatory organisations worldwide -- The European Medicines Agency, for example, or Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency in the UK (the two most in the news over here), or their equivalents elsewhere -- have all tended to reach similar conclusions about the efficacy and safety of various "off label" treatments for Covid-19 as have the US authorities in your country?

One explanation, of course,  would be that is that they've all been nobbled by Big Pharma, Bill Gates, the Chinese Communist Party or George Soros   

Another would simply be that they're all looking at the same body of research and coming to broadly similar conclusions about it, which is how science is supposed to work, I thought.      

The American health agencies are considered leaders because of the amount of resources they have. I know that to some degree, the FDA's view on different drugs and treatments carry a lot of weight for Health Canada though they don't follow everything to the letter and there are some drugs that are ok here but not over there. Having said that, there have also been times where both the FDA and Big Pharma's have to some degree dictated to Canada what Health Canada's policies should be using our trade agreements as leverage. I think in the case of this pandemic, American policies regarding treatments, vaccines and lockdown procedures have been followed simply because Health Canada was caught without a good pandemic plan. Having the Liberal party in power rather than a Conservative one probably is part of the reason too that the Canadian response mimics that of the American Liberal states.

• Thanks 1

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/*****-Tail/10896652

2 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

They are great!

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/*****-Tail/10896652

9 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's a problem of lack of access to doctors before it's a problem of lack of access to HCQ. The next time you see your primary care physician, ask him/her under what circumstances s/he'd be willing to prescribe it.

There were no doctors to even treat the COVID patients in ambulances in the parking lots.  Don't these two, Arielle and Natales, understand how overwhelmed the medical profession has been?  Not. enough. doctors. to. take. care. of. the. covid. patients, and patients left without care in the parking lot.

The entitlement of these two is unbelievable.  Don't they understand even that pharmacies were over-whelmed?  Some had written on this forum board early on during the pandemic that they couldn't get their needed prescription filled and were in deep anxiety while waiting it out for their regular meds.   There wasn't going to be any over-turning to where these two could have gotten HCQ without a prescription and that is sane and was a good thing as it would have over-whelmed pharmacies and been a nuisance and it doesn't help.  But, the entitlement of these two.  They need to get a grip on reality.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:
On 5/4/2021 at 3:37 PM, Luna Bliss said:

@Arielle Popstar

These evangelical red states are going to be the death of all of us if they refuse the vaccine.

You have current stats for red states being more covid infected? Last I looked and posted a couple weeks ago, Red state numbers were dropping faster than blue ones. 

I was referring to excess deaths due to less people in red states getting vaccinated:

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1383388938916618244
https://aspe.hhs.gov/pdf-report/vaccine-hesitancy

It's unlikely we'll ever achieve herd immunity if a large percentage of the population continues to spread the virus, allowing it to mutate.... and the result will be more unnecessary deaths.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 9:24 AM, Arielle Popstar said:
On 5/4/2021 at 3:37 PM, Luna Bliss said:

I recognized a book in the following article that you said your father referred you to (in the Darwin thread):

https://theconversation.com/fundamentalism-turns-100-a-landmark-for-the-christianght-123651

I 'm no expert statician on what you would term fundamentalists but looking at my mothers church I would say the stats are probably about the same as the rest of the population from an urban-rural perspective. The urbanite segment are particular about masks and distancing as well as numbers of people based on square footage whereas the rural farmer ones are more loose and hesitant to wear masks inside. It has actually caused a bit of a rift between some of them. From a scriptural perspective I don't know of any verses that would justify not wearing masks and as far as vaccines are concerned, some possibility but I suspect that is more of an evangelical than a fundamentalist justification.

I think the differences in vaccine hesitancy are probably more between rural and urban folk regardless of secular or religious affiliations. Politics of course probably plays a bigger part because I suspect if Trump was still in office, you would be seeing a lot more Democrat vaccine hesitancy and less Republican.

Evangelicals/Fundamentalists (the religious right) dominate the rural areas of the U.S., and the majority of them are Republican.
The right-wing rags, radio, and TV are the primary avenues for the spreading of this world view, and your views on most issues are nearly always in lockstep with their views.

The essence of their world view entails a profound distrust of government and Science -- in fact, Fundamentalism was pretty much developed as a pushback against modernity and new discoveries in Science. Its roots are in the intense rebellion of the Scotch-Irish against England and the resultant migration of overly individualistic individuals to the U.S. who are extremely rebellious against government and nearly any form of authority (like Science).

I just wish you could see that when you get your information from these right-wing rags you are participating in a world view that is cultish and dangerous. I don't think you know how brainwashed you are. 
In the U.S. we are moving toward a type of Christian Fascism, and I shudder to think what the next pandemic will bring due to the distrust in Science and subsequent disinformation this cult promulgates.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I was referring to excess deaths due to less people in red states getting vaccinated:

https://twitter.com/DKThomp/status/1383388938916618244
https://aspe.hhs.gov/pdf-report/vaccine-hesitancy

It's unlikely we'll ever achieve herd immunity if a large percentage of the population continues to spread the virus, allowing it to mutate.... and the result will be more unnecessary deaths.

Quoted from a twitter post under the one you linked:

I actually attribute this partly to Urban v Rural. Urban communities vote blue, rural vote red. The vaccine rolled out quicker to urban areas than to rural. Simple math would say areas that vote red would be behind in vaccine distribution.

That sound much more likely to be the real problem.

As far as herd immunity is concerned, don't expect that until most of the world has been vaccinated especially with the wide open borders you like promoting.

Give me your poor, your hungry and covid infected.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

There were no doctors to even treat the COVID patients in ambulances in the parking lots.  Don't these two, Arielle and Natales, understand how overwhelmed the medical profession has been?  Not. enough. doctors. to. take. care. of. the. covid. patients, and patients left without care in the parking lot.

The entitlement of these two is unbelievable.  Don't they understand even that pharmacies were over-whelmed?  Some had written on this forum board early on during the pandemic that they couldn't get their needed prescription filled and were in deep anxiety while waiting it out for their regular meds.   There wasn't going to be any over-turning to where these two could have gotten HCQ without a prescription and that is sane and was a good thing as it would have over-whelmed pharmacies and been a nuisance and it doesn't help.  But, the entitlement of these two.  They need to get a grip on reality.

No, you don't understand. Hospitals weren't overloaded. It was all a hoax. They know that because someone showed them a picture of a hospital with an empty parking lot.

And then, when you point out that hospital parking lots are usually used by visitors and people coming for outpatient procedures, both of which were cancelled at the height of the COVID rush, they somehow find something to do other than posting on the forum.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh so that explains the why this came to mind for you?

13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Your witnesses, the "dogs", are the ones wagging the "tail"..

Nope, just a coincidence. When I wrote about "wagging", my mind was on "tail wagging the dog" but I messed up the post. 

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I actually attribute this partly to Urban v Rural. Urban communities vote blue, rural vote red. The vaccine rolled out quicker to urban areas than to rural. Simple math would say areas that vote red would be behind in vaccine distribution.

https://www.npr.org/2021/03/26/981722586/city-dwellers-are-driving-to-the-country-to-take-the-vaccines-locals-wont

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

a picture of a hospital with an empty parking lot.

You know, or rather I believe, that if a hospital parking lot was full of triage tents, body refrigerator trucks, etc. you can bet that would be in the news (and often is).

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That sound much more likely to be the real problem.

No, the problem is that the religious right who live mostly in rural areas are less likely to trust in Science and the vaccine.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

triage

This is the other thing triage.  Many of us who had very serious issues where triaged into 2021, months and months of waiting, nearly a year.  I'm in the Los Angeles area, as Prok said he wasn't sure where I was/am.  My friend had no easy routine hysterectomy she needed, it was serious as she had bleeding and her uterus fell to a very uncomfortable place that she couldn't hardly sit and she had to wait a year.

But, logic with Arielle and Natales just doesn't seem to compute, let alone triage.  Don't they realize how over-whelmed pharmacies would have been if they allowed HCQ prescriptions?  This is simple logic to me.  It would have been a complete nuisance and gone into total bedlam.  Total bedlam, but they continued for weeks and weeks and weeks about a drug for malaria that doesn't work for COVID as a prophylactic/preventative.  

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Before you start judging me or the things I have said in this thread, I suggest you look at the evidence I have presented throughout. The reason those doctors and nurses are so busy is that the governing health bodies do not give them easy access to treatments and drugs that would cut patient ICU time to 10% of the time required now if it is even successful which in a lot of cases it isn't. If the treatments like Ivermecting were readily avaialble and recommended by FDA etc, these people would not even need to be in hospital! I know you have said you don't have the time to look at the links I provided but since you do seem to have time to come in here  to post condemning both Natales and I, then you have time to watch these before doing so again.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

No, the problem is that the religious right who live mostly in rural areas are less likely to trust in Science and the vaccine.

No, people in general religious or not, are less likely to accept things that are being pushed onto them by control freaks.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Before you start judging me or the things I have said in this thread, I suggest you look at the evidence I have presented throughout. The reason those doctors and nurses are so busy is that the governing health bodies do not give them easy access to treatments and drugs that would cut patient ICU time to 10% of the time required now if it is even successful which in a lot of cases it isn't. If the treatments like Ivermecting were readily avaialble and recommended by FDA etc, these people would not even need to be in hospital! I know you have said you don't have the time to look at the links I provided but since you do seem to have time to come in here  to post condemning both Natales and I, then you have time to watch these before doing so again.

Answer:  No.  I'm not watching those and many have already debunked those drugs in this thread, me included.

So, no.  Please do not send me anymore of your quackeries.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1086 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.