COVID rants /shares 2.0 thread

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have some suggested rules for the thread, obviously I can't enforce them... so we should all work together...? 

But in the spirit of Seicher's original thread: ranting and venting about governments not doing enough, or breaking the same rules they make for us to follow...or questioning what we're told (as long as it's not just spamming Info Wars links) is fine, IMO. 

But PLEASE...no party politics, or stuff about Brexit, BLM, people's skin colour, "my party would have handled this better", etc. And if we disagree, let's not snipe at each other personally...we are all going through this together, after all...

I really valued checking the COVID thread and reading everybody's updates and opinions from around the world. Anyway, I have no vents at the moment, except I won't be having a haircut until mid April, lol.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Rant: Covid is keeping my favorite seafood restaurant closed because the crabs are all in quarantine too. 

Share: I haven’t had a haircut in over a year.  I also had the thought that it would be super strange to see people without masks on... and then family from the “yeehaw-country” side of the country posted photos of a literal no-mask hoedown in a barn. Masks aren’t mandated there (ish) and it WAS strange. 

• Like 2

Rant: I am bored about Covid and bored of seeing Covid everywhere and would like a place to just get away from Covid which has not only infected millions of people on Earth but every single media stream anywhere ever.

Share: Can we just keep Covid out of the forums. It’s already in your face day in day out all day on tv, social media etc etc

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Rant: I am bored about Covid and bored of seeing Covid everywhere and would like a place to just get away from Covid which has not only infected millions of people on Earth but every single media stream anywhere ever.

Share: Can we just keep Covid out of the forums. It’s already in your face day in day out all day on tv, social media etc etc

Just ignore the thread if you're not interested? It's what we do with endless merchant disputes? But maybe you're right, this subject is done...just miss hearing about others personal experiences...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

good news: The covid vaccine programme got underway last weekend. I haven't put my name down yet, I will get it tho. I just wait a bit til they get thru all the people who's circumstances are that they need it way more than I do right now. My health has been pretty good thru all this last year so am not stressing. Just carry on wearing my mask when I go out

• Like 2

Sad Rant: My two very favorite restaurants closed in the last month. One was a cozy nerdy themed pub where I always felt at home, the other was a more fancy/expensive dining place that holds many fond memories. 

They couldn't have avoided it. Not a year into the pandemic. There was no way for small venues like that to work. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

18 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

many people ehre probably will be forced to do vaccine. But Russian one was OVERadvertised in last 3 months,so people are scared and don t wanna do it

I'll admit to be wary at first but now here in the UK they have vaccinated over 15 million people already so I felt much better about getting one.  Reports yesterday out of Scotland are that hospital admissions in the most vulnerable groups have now dropped by 81% ! 

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Horus Salubrius said:

I am almost at the 48 hours mark after having had my first jab.  My arm is very stiff & sore, which is the most common side effect & if that is all I experience I will be happy !  

That was my experience too🙂 i know Cindy had a rough time of it but if you're 48 hours in, I reckon you're over the worst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UK here , I had my jab Saturday ,woke Sunday 3am with high temprature,shivers ,headache,nausea and generally felt c*** took paracetamol during day fell asleep at 3 pm then woke 8am Monday morning raring to go!

Symptoms vanished overnight, no arm problems which i was expecting .

I see with the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine, which i had, cut  your risk against hospitalisation by 94%. Lets hope the rest of the comming data in next few weeks are just as positive.

Edited by mika Mesmeriser
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I got Pfizer 3 weeks ago. Only had a sore arm for a couple of days. So now I'm hoping for the second sometime in May.

Organisation in my "Parish" is super slick, but it varies a lot even just over a Council boundary. I was texted Sunday night. Choice of day, time, venue. Chose two miles away Monday morning at 11.50. Perfect. 

But nearby they have been given no options other than to go to a stadium ten miles away.

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

I get this, I really do.  When my normal fall TV shows started up again, most of them started out with Covid story lines.  Some are back to normal, where I don't see masks all over, but others still have masks everywhere in all of the scenes.  I don't watch TV for realism - I watch it as an escape from real life.  Thus, I'm not watching all of the ones that are still running the Covid storylines.

11 hours ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Even though it is everywhere "out there", I don't really mind there being a rant thread here for it.  It is very easy for me to avoid this thread if I get tired of it, unlike there being no escape from all of it "out there".

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

A grim milestone for the U.S. yesterday ....500,000 deaths:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2021/feb/22/joe-biden-coronavirus-covid-white-house-texas-donald-trump-live-updates

• The US coronavirus death toll surpassed 500,000, representing the highest death toll of any country in the world.
  • Joe Biden addressed a grieving nation, telling Americans “we must resist becoming numb,” and offering personal lessons about survivor’s guilt and the importance of taking time to mourn. He also referenced one of the contributors to the massive death toll, warning, “We must end the politics of misinformation.”
  • Dr Anthony Fauci, the nation’s top infectious disease expert, said in an interview that political divisions had contributed significantly to the “stunning” US Covid-19 death toll, and that half a million deaths “should not have happened” in “a rich and sophisticated country”.
  • Fauci also said that new coronavirus variants made the timeline of the pandemic’s end more uncertain.
  • Confused 1

Ugh, so my cousin had a COVID related heart-attack, he's 36.

He was one of those "Wear a mask! This is serious!" people on social media. 

Then what does he do? He takes his wife out for their anniversary for dinner and a night out on the town. I get the sentiment...but sheesh.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1082 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.