Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm curious what people think will happen in the Senate with the impeachment?

Do you think everyone is going to show up? They don't need everyone there  since it's 2/3 of who is present..

Will they have it finished in time, since as of the 20th he won't be president anymore and it's already the 16th?

I'm sure Pelosi ran the papers down there this time, rather than sitting on them for 30 days like the first time it was so urgent..hehehehe

I guess I'm just curious what people think is gonna happen.. I know it's about going for the perma ban.. But will it even make it through the senate?

what do you think? *scratching her head with curiosity*

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

He sure as hell, by means of the very man you loath, had a grasp on affairs that is hopefully gone now and rid off when the impeachment has been completed.

I changed my laugh into a like out of respect to you. I hope you grant Luna the same courtesy by not holding the laughter on your post, of which I'm convinced was not malicious towards you, against her.

There have been too many snide remarks made towards me and to me that have absolutely no grounds.. Yet, it continues. That is not including the accusations made against me that were completely untrue.

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Do you think everyone is going to show up? They don't need everyone there  since it's 2/3 of who is present..

Will they have it in finished time, since as of the 20th he won't be president anymore and it's already the 16th?

I'm sure Pelosi ran the papers down there this time, rather than sitting on them for 30 days like the first time it was so urgent..hehehehe

I guess I'm just curious what people think is gonna happen.. I know it's about going for the perma ban.. But will it even make it through the senate?

I think it's a rerun of the first attempt. The only way it has a chance of a different outcome is if the voting takes place after the "changing of the guard" when the "new" senate takes over. Even then I doubt they will do it. No one wants to be the ones to have fully impeached. They think it will look bad in the history books.

5 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

There have been too many snide remarks made towards me and to me that have absolutely no grounds.. Yet, it continues. That is not including the accusations made against me that were completely untrue.

Ok. Noted.

I still hope you take it from me, an observer, that this particular laugh, did not seem to indicate contempt, yet hilarity.

/me backs off.

Edited by TDD123
speeeling
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Will they have it in finished time, since as of the 20th he won't be president anymore and it's already the 16th?

I don't know. But it is encouraging that 10 Republicans broke rank in the congress and voted for impeachment. They will need, I think, 17 senators though.

Even if he isn't impeached by the senate they need only 51 votes to insure he can't be in government again (that's far less than what they need for impeachment).  That's certainly a good thing!

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I think it's a rerun of the first attempt. The only way it has a chance of a different outcome is if the voting takes place after the "changing of the guard" when the "new" senate takes over. Even then I doubt they will do it. No one wants to be the ones to have fully impeached. They think it will look bad in the history books.

That's kind of where I am at with it.. I was doing so reading on it and many don't even want their name on it..

I'm curious to see if everyone shows or not..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
12 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

He sure as hell, by means of the very man you loath, had a grasp on affairs that is hopefully gone now and rid off when the impeachment has been completed.

I changed my laugh into a like out of respect to you. I hope you grant Luna the same courtesy by not holding the laughter on your post, of which I'm convinced was not malicious towards you, against her.

Expand   Expand  

Silent, you need to stop this. It's delusional. I have made no snide remarks against you. Whenever you attack me (and you've done it many times, ganging up with others against me, saying untruths about me regarding the other forum) then I defend myself by telling my side of the story.

You need to stop this, and that's the last I'm saying about it here.

7 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

That's kind of where I am at with it..

I think the following should be kept into consideration by the senate : if the senate allows Trump to remain politically active and should he be NOT re-elected President in the next election he participates in, will they set up armed forces against his followers ? Will that be worth it for any party involved ?

I have more questions like that.

Edited by TDD123

7 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

armed forces

Speaking of armed forces, the Capitol looks very creepy -- 25,000 troops there -- looking like a war zone. Likewise for other Capitols all over the US.

I shudder thinking what these Trumpies might do to Biden and any citizens who happen to be in the way.  I don't think any president has been nearer to being assassinated since Lincoln.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Speaking of armed forces, the Capitol looks very creepy -- 25,000 troops there -- looking like a war zone. Likewise for other Capitols all over the US.

.... testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure.

I don't think any president has been nearer assassination since Lincoln.

Come on, Luna .. need I remind you of the Zapruder film ?

If anything happens to Joe Biden your whole nation has his blood on your hands. We are watching you.

Edited by TDD123
Joe is safe.

Just now, TDD123 said:

I don't think any president has been nearer assassination since Lincoln.

Come on, Luna .. need I remind you of the Zapruder film ?

lol...heads for coffee and dumps 'civil war mind'...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TDD123 said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

.... testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived, and so dedicated, can long endure.

brings back Civil War mind...

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

I think the following should be kept into consideration by the senate : if the senate allows Trump to remain politically active and should he be NOT re-elected President in the next election he participates in, will they set up armed forces against his followers ? Will that be worth it for any party involved ?

I have more questions like that.

I honestly don't think he would win in 2024..

I do think it's going to cause more problems than we want, since he's gone in a few days already..

Kicking each other in the face all the time hasn't been working so well so far..

I think it's time we get passed this and break out the bactine and fixing each other up..

The bad mans gone and now the new man is in.. Time will tell if it's just another bad man taking us for another roll in the hay, or if He's really about unity.

The proof is in the actions and not the words.. So we'll see.:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I do think it's going to cause more problems than we want, since he's gone in a few days already..

On his exit, he wants to walk down a red carpet while a military band plays; wants a 21-gun salute, and for jets to make a flyover.  All of this BEFORE Biden is Inaugurated.   Will he ever be gone?  He started all this craziness with his Obama is not a U.S. citizen and Obama is a Muslim.   Which makes it unsafe for Biden.  It's not going to be good for awhile.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-is-planning-an-elaborate-send-off-for-himself-before-bidens-inauguration-he-wants-a-red-carpet-military-band-and-a-21-gun-salute-reports-say/ar-BB1cOgJO?li=BBnb7Kz

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

On his exit, he wants to walk down a red carpet while a military band plays; wants a 21-gun salute, and for jets to make a flyover.  All of this BEFORE Biden is Inaugurated.   Will he ever be gone?  He started all this craziness with his Obama is not a U.S. citizen and Obama is a Muslim.   Which makes it unsafe for Biden.  It's not going to be good for awhile.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-is-planning-an-elaborate-send-off-for-himself-before-bidens-inauguration-he-wants-a-red-carpet-military-band-and-a-21-gun-salute-reports-say/ar-BB1cOgJO?li=BBnb7Kz

Honestly, I don't care how he leaves.. He's old news now and I doubt he'll ever be back..

He'll just be a regular old rich guy now..

Also Trump didn't start that Obama stuff.. He was parroting what was going on even before Obama was elected.. What was that version of the republicans called again? 

See I can't even remember those guys and they were pretty bad.. The sames gonna happen.. I never hear their name mentioned anymore..hehehe

Also Trump didn't start that Obama stuff.. He was parroting what was going on even before Obama was elected.. What was that version of the republicans called again?

I don't know, I only heard it from Trump's mouth.  I've already stated I do not follow social media and never have.  I only visit FB once in a great while and 90% of my FB friends are family.  I also have not owned a TV for six years now because I do not watch it.  I like the shopping shows but can see the shopping shows on the internet.  I sound like a Karen here but actually I am a designer in real life and shopping shows show designs.  

Honestly, I don't care how he leaves.. He's old news now and I doubt he'll ever be back..

I don't know.  The press is saying years of extremists is a very real possibility.  I hope not but have no crystal ball.  Meanwhile, I want to be vaccinated.  

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1194 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.