Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Audiobuff007 said:

In what way did I promote greed? Do you believe I should lose part of my property or your property because someone else doesn't have an equal share? If work 120 hours per week to build a successful business, and let's be conservative here, say only a 1.5 million dollar business, should I penalized for my hard work?

Well...that´s a not yet answered question. Tho...even the romans were kind of successful with feeding free bread to the poor. It helped the ones who worked the 120 hours to build a successful business, because it reduced the poor´s appetite for robbing the bread from the ones who worked for 120 hours.

Read Tacitus.

Edited by Vivienne Schell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

We brought "that" and somehow forced you to support BLM in the Netherlands by your own people?  So, if American's all start wearing green, you all in the Netherlands are going to start wearing green and then blame us for what Netherlanders themselves do by their own decision to wear green?

You didn't read, did you? It happens in America, it happens in the rest of the world. Good and bad things. Now you seem to do nothing about the bad things. And there we are. It's here. And Americans do nothing to change it. Scared of not being woke or blm... lol. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AidySL said:

Now you seem to do nothing about the bad things

We needed police reform here.  I don't see that as a bad thing.  Am I for non-peaceful protesting, no.  Nor do we really hold any power how anyone chooses to act.  I don't know if your country needs police reform or not.  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Audiobuff007 said:

Don't you have suspicions based on fact that the machines were proven to be hacked and open to manipulation? The difference is now is investigators are pointing at an object, and very clear suspicious activity and the other party didn't have to answer for it. If you "look" like you're stuffing your pockets in a retail environment, asset management in most cases provided not distracted, send loss prevention to you for a visual inspection, then when they have probable cause, now an investigation is warranted. Do you want fair and accurate elections in the United States?  

Question One: I have concerns. But these concerns were widely shared and known looooong before this particular election and mostly adressed sufficently. And as recorded, almost 80 percent of republicans did not share the concern in 2018 at all. So why now? Cause they lost this election big time, maybe and do not accept the outcome? See, they could have complained since 1964 and never really did. Explain this charade.

Question two: Apparently there is and was NO "very clear and suspicious activity". But 60+ judges, some of the them appointed by Trump himself, MUST be wrong, or what do you want to express?  So, I do not WANT fair and accurate elections in the United States, because i HAVE them.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AidySL said:

You didn't read, did you? It happens in America, it happens in the rest of the world. Good and bad things. Now you seem to do nothing about the bad things. And there we are. It's here. And Americans do nothing to change it. Scared of not being woke or blm... lol. 

How exactly is defending someone that tried his best to organise the undermining of your democracy with a coup going to change anything? All he has done is concentrate power in the hands of autocrats, he has filled the swamp and endangered the lives of your elected representatives. He isn't out to help anyone except himself. He is a traitor to all the principles that made the US Constitution an enlightened model for the rest of the world.

The Republican party needs to take a hard look at itself and what it has become, listen to the Cheneys, listen to Arnold Schwarzeneger or you will be making the USA in to a one party state and it won't be a Republican one.  

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Question two: Apparently there is and was NO "very clear and suspicious activity". But 60+ judges, some of the them appointed by Trump himself, MUST be wrong, or what do you want to express?  So, I do not WANT fair and accurate elections in the United States, because i HAVE them.

Republicans have spent the last year and much longer doing their best to prevent free and fair elections with all the well documented attempts at voter suppression, like the public u-turn on defunding the Post service. 300 Court cases this year to try to stop people voting that might tend towards being democrat.  And still they lost and still they whine.... they lose with the tables stacked in their favour. Its pathetic really.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

Republicans have spent the last year and much longer doing their best to prevent free and fair elections with all the well documented attempts at voter suppression, like the public u-turn on defunding the Post service. 300 Court cases this year to try to stop people voting that might tend towards being democrat.  And still they lost and still they whine.... they lose with the tables stacked in their favour. Its pathetic really.

Yes, there are fascists in the republican party. But not all republicans are fascists.Give them a chance. Also, it does not matter for a solution. The real question is: How could it become so terribly bad?

I somehow can understand that the conservative rural regions are scared of the big urban, metropolitan and liberal centers. Also, there are these massive problems regarding race and religion. Add income inequality and the decline of the so-called "middle class". But all of that escalated in a long process, which was kicked off decades ago and seems to reach a peak now.

I think that there are several reasons for the malfunction, but on the political stage there is one dominant: The two party system does not allow political compromise and escalates polarisation, which escalates radicalism and that let the United States get stuck either in a (political) 19th century society OR in a (political) 22nd century society. There seems to be nothing in between, and both parties have no interest to leave their ground for finding a common sense agreement - overall. There is no common definition of what the "American Dream" is anymore.

That alone cannot explain Trumpist excess, but there are more advanced societies in the western world, which adressed these problems (some "little Trumps" included) differently and , apparently, more successfully than the US. Maybe americans should take a peek to the north of the continent or across the ocean and learn some things from there?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

The Republican party needs to take a hard look at itself and what it has become, listen to the Cheneys, listen to Arnold Schwarzeneger or you will be making the USA in to a one party state and it won't be a Republican one.  

Absolutely. And the progressives should fire their entire PR team and make AOC boss of the new one. In fact, they should form their own party.

Edited by Vivienne Schell

Hi, disabled person on a disabled benifit here. Let me tell you how I got mine,  how nobody who doesn't need is gonna fake it. Then how much I get

Ain't nobody here gonna through:

Having to go to your GP to get a sickline,

Having to apply for benifits involing allot of paperwork. (,That my mother had to help me with due to the amount of jargon and cmplexities. Even she struggled and she is abled and neurotypical!)

Having to go to your gp again to get a second letter.

Waiting for an interview.

Getting an interview in which you must tell a complete stranger (, usually someone who isn't even a medical professional) but still a goverment or third party staff your disability andvrelated medical history and "prove" you are in fact disabled.

Get approved or disproved by sheer whim becsuse of outdated sterotypes and either:

Get paid, go on courses they demand because they deem you capable rnough to get work. Get no real support.

What's this? You did the thing we told you to do? You APPLIED FER A JERB?? Off your benifits and onto jobseekers you lazy layabout!

Waste ten years of your life on jobseekers. Job programs snd trying to get work with zero support to the point that you deveolp a whole new anexity disorder and disability! Have a mental breakdown and your dad all but yeets you to the doctor to get your disability pay back.

Repeat the first six steps.

All for a mere £76 a week.

Truly, living the high life here.

Edited by Robin Kiyori
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 5

18 minutes ago, Robin Kiyori said:

Getting an interview in which you must tell a complete stranger (, usually someone who isn't even a medical professional) but still a goverment or third party staff your disability andvrelated medical history and "prove" you are in fact disabled.

Been though all of this following extended recovery from major surgery ... the ******* *** ******* from the government agency tasked with denying people entitlements opened the interview explaining that she may have personal prejudices against "people like me" but that wouldn't affect the outcome & if I was ok with that. 

Lucky for her I was off my trolly on prescription painkillers and subsisting on ramen at the time.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Been though all of this following extended recovery from major surgery ... the ******* *** ******* from the government agency tasked with denying people entitlements opened the interview explaining that she may have personal prejudices against "people like me" but that wouldn't affect the outcome & if I was ok with that. 

Lucky for her I was off my trolly on prescription painkillers and subsisting on ramen at the time.

I was lucky the second time and the interviewer was actually professional and not weridly invasive. Of course i was also stimming like a motherducker and had my hearing aid in.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

If you haven't seen it this is the message:

Yeah I saw it and disagree with him with the use of Kristallnacht. Kristallnacht had nothing to do with an overthrow of the government but of racial discrimination of the Jews. Whilst he did mention that, he could have used the failed Coup the Nazis tried, or more appropriately the burning of the the Reichstag whereby Germany's democracy (or what little it had left) was destroyed.

I get what he was trying to compare it to but poor choice of on his part. Other than that comparison yes, he spoke well as whilst he called for people to be held accountable, his speech focused more on coming together and moving forward peacefully and learning from it. No talk of drastic retribution against certain people or banning of these persons or those companies.

He called for what many in this thread have stated (and been flayed for in some instances). Move on, don't add more fuel to the fire and build it all up again stronger as doing so will bring far more resolution and unity that a blame game etc could.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:
14 hours ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Comapred to that BLM and Antifa are just kids playing in a sandbox.

Guess some would just like it if they stuck playing in their own sandbox. Go figure.

Humankind is an interdependent community that needs each other to survive -- nobody lives within their own sandbox. We've taken advantage of POC and messed with their sandboxes for centuries, slanting most everything in our (whites) favor, and now that they complain about it you want them to shut up and live in their own sandbox? This is like telling a woman trying to recover from being beaten and abused by her husband to just sit down and shut up when she finally musters the strength and courage to complain.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Vivienne Schell said:

rural regions are scared of the big urban, metropolitan and liberal centers.

race and religion.

Add income inequality and the decline of the so-called "middle class". 

The two party system does not allow political compromise and escalates polarisation, which escalates radicalism

There is no common definition of what the "American Dream" is anymore.

That alone cannot explain Trumpist excess, but there are more advanced societies in the western world, which adressed these problems. Maybe americans should take a peek to the north of the continent or across the ocean and learn some things from there?

Yes, I think about this a lot -- how did it get so bad, and what can we do about it. It is a multi-faceted problem and you've pointed to some aspects. I came across mention of a couple of books yesterday that added another piece to the puzzle -- politics in the 80's and 90's that sought to polarize and create tribalism in uniqiue and intense ways, instigated by Gingrich (Kornaki book).

I think another facet of this ugly problem is the fact that it actually takes many generations to overcome a system so egregious as slavery where segments of the population are demonized and placed on the bottom strata of society and deemed inferior. Once people are placed at the bottom in the minds of the public this attitude passes on to subsequent generations very easily through socialization, often at unconscious levels.

The most severe period of slavery in the US really wasn't all that long ago. I remember feeling shocked when realizing that a relative I met when I was a toddler actually grew up in the aftermath of the Civil War . She was very elderly at the time and it's the only memory I have of her, seared in my mind via the terror of being abandoned while feeling the great danger occurring all around me (as we were trapped together in a basement for safety's sake as the rest of the family climbed the stairs to view the tornado ripping through the prairie).
Anyway, years later I learned this relative actually came to the prairies of the central US from the east on a "wagon". When I learned this I was like WHAT, your mean a covered wagon?? (like the ones I'd seen in movies about the wild west). In my young mind, covered wagons and the Civil War seemed very ancient, like from Medieval or stone age times and certainly could not be a part of anyone's life that I knew, but in actuality this period in history was not so long ago, and so no wonder all the conflicts have not been worked out.

All this to say, though things are at a crisis point right now I see it as a part of a protracted process and so there is hope.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1165 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.