Protecting Second Life From Hate Groups Hiding & Organizing Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

20 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There's something really scary moving under the surface of things right now; I have the sense that even Republicans are beginning to understand how dark are the forces they've been enabling, and are recoiling in horror and disgust.

That "really scary" was  not born yesterday. That "really scary" was there all the time. Trump only triggered the outbreak, he´s  a symptom of a disease and not the origin. Which does not apoligíse him, of course.

And The GOP is deeply involved there. And seriously, Democrats should check their very own credits, too. In the end all of this is a total system failure. And there is more than just one reason for that.

Edited by Vivienne Schell
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

Is this "supposed" people riding the system working in Detroit?  I don't think so!  I think you imagine an invisible boogeyman plus, hate to say it, have a narrow right-wing "boomer" view that is out of touch with reality.

Are you choosing to ignore the meaning of my statement and just say stuff? Who said anything about Detroit? Your assumptions about my age are about as ignorant as your reading comprehension. Wayne County.. through 2019 poverty levels in relative to population are over 31.5% which is the starting point data segment on top of the percentage scales measuring poverty nationally 31.5 -100% in that data set. In your reply regardless of it's tone, are you stating there are no individuals on assistance, and better yet those on assistance that are taking money they shouldn't? Do you want to discuss Detroit's crime laden track record? My point is, it exists everywhere in varying degrees and your assumptions about me, putting individuals in a box, before understanding facts is the very reason our county is in social collapse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

News sources do not speculate. Editorials do. News are just news and nothing but news. Like: "Oh hell, the moon just exploded". That´s news. "Dominion blew it up" is speculation as long as not proven to be true. Once proven to be true "Dominion blew it up" is news.

That isn't what corporate "news" is doing. While you are correct that is the difference between news, speculation, and editorializing. The line between editorializing and reporting has long been obliterated by corporate media. Which is what makes it so difficult to get actual news.

As an example of not thinking their coverage through CNN is pushing the story Trump instigated the riot with his speech. Then they are saying people were leaving the White House area well before Trump's first speech. The time between speech and riot is supposedly the single most significant item in the impeachment indictment. But if people left before they heard Trump, how did he insight them? Wouldn't it only be possible for those that heard him to be instigated?

The time from his speech until they Capitol was breached was short and that is part of the 'evidence' it was his speech that triggered it.

CNN saying since weapons were not allowed in the White House area, they had to go get them before going to Capitol Hill. Have you thought about where they would have to go to get weapons? How much time to travel from WH to their stash then to Capitol Hill? That seems to imply some pre-planning. Anyone got evidence of that? Can anyone show a pattern of Trump supporters rioting? No. The 'riot' is out of character. Part of why it was so shocking. But that it was Trump and his people is a story that is falling apart... not in corporate news. But the truth is out there. Way too many people were taking video that day. We are seeing more of those showing up in independent media.

CNN has been interviewing John Sullivan and describing him as a Trump supporter. Then later Sullivan releases a video admitting he is long time Antifa member that dressed up as a Trump supporter to break into the Capitol. So, we know there were fakes in the crowd. We can argue about how many. As more and more personal videso come out we may just know.

CNN may have just inadvertently provided the exculpatory time-line evidence Trump needs to beat the impeachment charges.

I believe if you listen closely to any news you can decern way more than they are saying. The true always seem to leak out. Corporate media will fight it endlessly.

Edited by Nalates Urriah
grammer
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Audiobuff007 said:

putting individuals in a box

Nope.  That's what you are doing.  And, an outdated box at that.  Trust me and others, we've heard what you've said for years.  It's a blanket statement based on nothing to put other's down and declare some kind of righteousness.  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

No, I really don't.

So you can post far right sources and make it seem like there are two sides and continue feigning ignorance? I think not.

The informed recognize Alinsky's Rules for Radicals tactics when they see them in use. When you can't defeat the the merit of a statement attack the messenger.

Since you have no evidence that that would beat mine you are smart not to put it out there. There simply is nothing to support that viewpoint other than lots of rhetoric and propaganda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Fact is that no EU country needs to employ an army to protect an elected president from some radicalised people who think that the world is flat and the US occupies 99 percent of it and that only their idea of what is right or wrong is valid.

Sure I could agree with that. I'd appreciate conditions here much better if the "something for nothing" societal shift we're having, "me too" movement, etc., didn't exist. Somehow we have a mob of uneducated people that have been sold a bill of goods that our history should deleted, and I should have to support my neighbor that mismanages their money. Poor choices are such a simple but hard to swallow concept, that when you make a bad choice, there are consequences. We're not talking about citizens that are actually disabled, we're talking about those seen in the grocery line wielding food stamps/ebt wearing more designer clothes garnished with the latest smart phone ignoring their kids. That's one example. In Fergusson MO, where I was assigned to crowd management, there is a huge difference between the people protesting for answers during daylight vs those intending to harm law enforcement which I was there to shield local police as an attachment. You don't need to tell me twice, it's a wreck everywhere. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, JanuarySwan said:

Nope.  That's what you are doing.  And, an outdated box at that.  Trust me and others, we've heard what you've said for years.  It's a blanket statement based on nothing to put other's down and declare some kind of righteousness.  

In your general non-supported replies, are you referring to my sourced based on fact statements? Outdated, would you back up that claim. You have yet to supply answer that includes your demands or solutions. A free economy is never outdated. The measure of your effort should be rewarded in kind. If you refuse to recognize the problem, you cannot work on a successful solution. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Since you have no evidence that that would beat mine you are smart not to put it out there. There simply is nothing to support that viewpoint other than lots of rhetoric and propaganda.

You're working on the mistaken assumption that there is some debate here to participate in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Audiobuff007 said:

In your general non-supported replies, are you referring to my sourced based on fact statements? Outdated, would you back up that claim. You have yet to supply answer that includes your demands or solutions. A free economy is never outdated. The measure of your effort should be rewarded in kind. If you refuse to recognize the problem, you cannot work on a successful solution. 

You're using a blanket "old as the hills" statement I've heard before too many times called "riding the system".    Man, conservative is an understatement.  I think you are out of touch with reality and need to widen your view before we could even begin to have a discussion let alone a solution.  You are so boxed in and 20th Century.    

• Like 4

Just now, JanuarySwan said:

You're using a blanket "old as the hills" statement I've heard before too many times called "riding the system".    Man, conservative is an understatement.  I think you are out of touch with reality and need to widen your view before we could even begin to have a discussion let alone a solution.  You are so boxed in and 20th Century.    

You're still generalizing. You've not answered anything to the questions provided. I've concluded you will continue to ignore facts and stay focused on a phrase no matter who makes the statement. Stating something is old, over and over, is a method of stone walling and avoiding progressing through an argument, which you are not. I made an attempt and gave you a chance to give a real reply with some solution to your issues. I bid you, a good day.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You're working on the mistaken assumption that there is some debate here to participate in.

No. I know the facts. I'm right. True the issue can't really be debated. Which is why you are smart not to try.

I suspect you've bought into the propaganda and are being lead. So you can only see one side. 😢

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Janet, I'm so sorry. That's awful. I don't know what to say, other than I'm sorry.

You're right about the dark things coming out. It's terrifying how deep this apparently went. I watched interviews with three DC cops who were defending the Capitol on the 6th, and their accounts of the savagery of the crowd were just chilling.

There's something really scary moving under the surface of things right now; I have the sense that even Republicans are beginning to understand how dark are the forces they've been enabling, and are recoiling in horror and disgust.

I realise this isn't affecting everyone on this forum, which gives room for some intellectual leeway and debate. Even though, there really isn't too much to debate or at least there shouldn't be. 

Just to put things into perspective: Since I work for the government, I can't go into my office for the next couple of days by order of the governor. This isn't BLM doing this, this isn't ANTIFA; suggesting or comparing them in this situation is absurd, especially when YOU SAW IT HAPPEN.

This is very real. It's not a snowflake thing, this is a very real threat to some of us.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Ok this is just flat out disgusting -- demonizing the disadvantaged in society like this.  I've had experience in Social Work and it is harder than hell to get aid in the first place, and if anybody manages to get aid it is so low they can barely survive.

Sure, there are those who manage to cheat the system, but to paint all people who need help as liars and cheats is beyond the pale.

I think he is meaning that the social welfare programs are the problem and I agree with that as too often and I know this from social worker friends, they try hard to keep a decent case load so they don't work themselves out of a job. There is also the problem that the programs have a budget they need to spend each fiscal year or they will be reduced the next. So the social workers don't try to get people off the system and into a self sustaining job or career but keep them on the system. I know plenty of people on the system who are lifers and will never get off of it as there is no motivation to from the Welfare programs to do so. They simply go through the motions.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I think he is meaning that the social welfare programs are the problem and I agree with that as too often and I know this from social worker friends, they try hard to keep a decent case load so they don't work themselves out of a job. There is also the problem that the programs have a budget they need to spend each fiscal year or they will be reduced the next. So the social workers don't try to get people off the system and into a self sustaining job or career but keep them on the system. I know plenty of people on the system who are lifers and will never get off of it as there is no motivation to from the Welfare programs to do so. They simply go through the motions.

I've more or less said they'd most likely like to provide selling drugs as a job and jail as housing.  And, not only like to, did, are.  99.8% of people in prisons are because of drugs.  

Provide APPROPRIATE jobs period and get rid of the drugs.   But taking appropriate jobs alone, who is going to do that when there are jobs overseas for a penny or a nickel a day plus meals and transport?  

Edited by JanuarySwan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Audiobuff007 said:

You're still generalizing.

I think she is not : You do use the same antic that has been used for years by politics globally to cut people out of social programs. As those budgets have been decreasing, because of said so rethorics capitalists, everywhere and not just in the U.S. , just LOVE to repeat this argument to keep people in fear that all of the 'pwecious money they pay to the government' is spoiled on those unwilling to participate in the ratrace. The Red Scare is the real problem here. What' s to be afraid and wrong about being social or benevolent to others ?

It' s not YOUR money. The government just takes it. You can change your government, but you cannot change they take your money.

It does make you sound dated beyond youth which witnesses the ' old ways'  fail.

She has a point here.

ETA : The rich are getting more rich. Since you love facts so much, look it up. You cannot refute this.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 10

31 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

I think she is not : You do use the same antic that has been used for years by politics globally to cut people out of social programs. As those budgets have been decreasing, because of said so rethorics capitalists, everywhere and not just in the U.S. , just LOVE to repeat this argument to keep people in fear that all of the 'pwecious money they pay to the government' is spoiled on those unwilling to participate in the ratrace. The Red Scare is the real problem here. What' s to be afraid and wrong about being social or benevolent to others ?

It' s not YOUR money. The government just takes it. You can change your government, but you cannot change they take your money.

It does make you sound dated beyond youth which witnesses the ' old ways'  fail.

She has a point here.

ETA : The rich are getting more rich. Since you love facts so much, look it up. You cannot refute this.

You do understand how taxes work? Are you stating that the govt. takes all of your money or mine? 

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1166 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.